Team-BHP - Have people lost it??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Have people lost it?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34700-have-people-lost-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shailu (Post 702647)
picked up 3 liters of paint(various colors) go back to the place where they had parked their vehicle ...and poured all the 3 liters of paint all over the scorpio.

Great. So, if anyone sees a "badly painted Scorpio" in Coimbatore, remember to keep a safe distance from it.
However, if I went your way, Mumbai will have many "badly painted cars".

Shailu, I hope one of the colours was pink. Scratch that, all of them should've been pink. Apologies to others for providing a mental image of a pink scorpio.

Quote:

...but my instinct told me to teach them a lesson so i followed them for few kms. They parked the scorpio in a small street and went inside a appartment. So what do i do?
i dropped my wife & kid in my home, go pick up few friends of mine explain what happned , picked up 3 liters of paint(various colors) go back to the place where they had parked their vehicle ...and poured all the 3 liters of paint all over the scorpio.

I am not sure what i did was correct or not...but please do not go for a argument in late night with family by your side.

clap: way to go Sahilu.

Although it was a risk following them, when you had your family with you!

But, revenge is sweet! This should teach such people a lesson. It would have been a treate to have seen the look on their faces the next day morning!

Quote:

picked up 3 liters of paint(various colors) go back to the place where they had parked their vehicle ...and poured all the 3 liters of paint all over the scorpio.

hehe. I hope the owner was among the occupants of the vehicle. If not, imagine his shock when he sees his multicolored scorpio!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 702655)
This thread seems to be as much 'the confessional' as the 'vent your anger' thread!

Its kind-of scary hearing what lengths our own members will go to.

Please understand i did not do that purposely. In fact i got irritated & embarrassed when the drunken moroans absued & almost hit me in front of my family.

by the way i checked the scorpio the next day from a distance and what i saw was....yuckks!!:Shockked:. It was so bad if only M&M saw that car they would have given a free replacement for that customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 702607)
lol: no Kiran. But since the traffic was single lane mostly on LBS road - I thought it was better if I kept those 2 cars apart , else I don't know how rashly they would have driven endangering the lives of many.

Disclaimer - If the above sounded like a social message, I inform you that it never was intended to sound that way.

No baba, you did the right thing though there are a very few out there like you who would do what you did in the situation mentioned above.

Good job :).

@Shailu: does any of your friends own a paint booth that you found paint at 10:30 in the night :D. Well I agree with Aditya about painting all auto ricks, taxis, buses, trucks in various colours if we went your way.

just let it go humyum, these people never learn. a little smile and a wave of a hand will do wonders, i will always do that whenever i am at mistake, and people just smile back and keep moving, of course when there is a bump, that's a different handling altogether.

It's a general frustration, but why is the skill of 'reading' the road and the traffic so little practiced? The art and communication by which, for instance, two drivers see where the appropriate passing place is and mutually adjust speeds to reach it with the least hassle to anyone.

And when one does take care to engineer a gap into which an oncoming vehicle will pass nicely, that gap immediately gets filled by six motor-cyclists?

What is the correct paint colour to use for motorcycists?

Whoa... just had a wicked idea... paintball gun... in the car...

Joking, people, of course!

Well, ok: fantasizing ;) !

lol Thad , looks like u becoming more indianised each passing day :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 702407)
An incident that did not involve me but shows why people loose their cool.

I was going towards LBS road from Ghatkopar depot. There was a Swift behind which there was an auto and me following the auto. The Swift and me in the right lane while the auto in the centre of the lane so that I could not overtake.

Ahead I see a bus halt at the bus stop - meanwhile a call center Indica comes speeding from my left and overtakes the auto from the left side and suddenly realises that the bus is not moving !!

So what does he do ? He swerves 45 degree into the right lane bang in the path of the Swift who was doing about 30 kmph. The Swift brakes and halts just in time - meanwhile the Indica shows his dis-approval at the Swift driver and takes off wheels spinning.

The Swift driver is non-plussed for a few moments but then he takes off in hot pursuit of the Indica (all the while I had a good view of the tamasha). He catches the Indica and blasts the driver and takes off , now with the Indica guy in pursuit :D

So I then speed up and put my car between those 2 and put some distance between them. Also heavy traffic on LBS road helped me out.

I dont know it almost seems like a de-ja-vou. I ve seen a similar incident again involving a call center indica and some other car (dont remember the model now), near the gandhi nagar signal. I was behind these gys in a auto when this happened

Quote:

Here goes my story..

Few months back i was driving back home after a dinner with my wife and my kid. It was a saturday and around 10:30 pm. i was approching a signal (blinking yellow)in a main road and was checking in both the direction for vehicle and was crusing in a normal speed. since everything was clear i just pumped in some gas to go straight to my shock from no where a scorpio from behind overtook me in my left and took a "u" turn almost slamming my car to the divider. so i also had to follow him for the "U"turn. That's it i just lost my temper chris-crossed him stopped my vehicle got out of my car just to find out that 4 drunken morons were inside the scorpio. My Brain just said not to fight or argue with these fellows at this part of the time since my wife & my kid were still in the car. But things got worse they started absuing me in a bad slang and one of them caught my shirt collor.after 15 min of argument i eased it a bit by saying" I am so sorry" although it was not my mistake and finally they moved.

climax
but my instinct told me to teach them a lesson so i followed them for few kms. They parked the scorpio in a small street and went inside a appartment. So what do i do?
i dropped my wife & kid in my home, go pick up few friends of mine explain what happned , picked up 3 liters of paint(various colors) go back to the place where they had parked their vehicle ...and poured all the 3 liters of paint all over the scorpio.

I am not sure what i did was correct or not...but please do not go for a argument in late night with family by your side.

I love this act of your dude. Way to go.. They got exactly what they deserved, the drunken morons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 703265)
It's a general frustration, but why is the skill of 'reading' the road and the traffic so little practiced? The art and communication by which, for instance, two drivers see where the appropriate passing place is and mutually adjust speeds to reach it with the least hassle to anyone.

And when one does take care to engineer a gap into which an oncoming vehicle will pass nicely, that gap immediately gets filled by six motor-cyclists?

What is the correct paint colour to use for motorcycists?

Whoa... just had a wicked idea... paintball gun... in the car...

Joking, people, of course!

Well, ok: fantasizing ;) !

I have a long nurtured fantasy. Add two (50 caliber) mahine guns (the ones on which bullets get fed via a belt) below my headlights, and connect the trigger to my horn. Next time such morons meet me, we shall see some fireworks!!!!

Quote:

climax

clap: been in similar situation and have done that difference being it was industrial paint thinner. Poor little Hyundai Accent Viva in my case. It was friends brawl and those guys slapped him too.

I generally back off when these sort of things happen to me but I must admit that on more than one occasion I have done the same having lost cool & cutting off people thinking this would teach them a lesson.

What angers me most & I have seen this is kind of worst in Hyderabad is that no one wants to follow any traffic rules. I follow them atleast 95% of the time & I definitly dont drive through a red signal like so many guys do here.

I have learnt to control the urge to teach others a lesson now but its frustrating that bad drivers get away.

TBHPians must do something about the awareness thing. Nobody can mobilise so many people as this one forum.

I guess its a matter of wanting to fight,as against the ability. If you are with family,better to back off & just ignore the morons who are creating the rucus. If you have friends to back you up,then I'd say its perfectly fine to go a step further & teach the culprits a lesson on two. If course,be ready to handle anything that comes your way,be it further nuisance from those people, or legal issues that might crop up from your acts.