Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 00:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Have people lost it??

I dont know why but i get into a lot of brawls.Maybe its in my fate
This happened today.While passing through the premier road in kurla.
Was overtaking a palio guy and suddenly a kid in a cycle appeared from nowhere.
Risking the car seemed more sensible than risking the cycle kid.So i had to go very near to the palio guy which in turn pissed him off.
In the signal ahead he got his car in front of mine and started starin at him with all the hate that he had.I just looked at him without saying a word.
Took the right turn and he was ahead of me.As i was passing by from his left as there was a rick ahead of me.HE suddenly cut me off.I braked hard and almost missed running over some pedestrians.
Okay that was tit for tat so i let it be.Again he got stuck up behind a bus and i was right behind him and was going to pass him when he again suddenly jerked towards the left.
Okay this got me agitated.I kept my cool.
3rd/4th/5th time he kept doing this.Okay now i have had enough.
I switched on my pressure horn.Moved to his right and he tried to move to the right too but i did not give him way.Just kept the 3 pipe horn blaring moved ahead of him and what he does next is way beyond my understanding.
HE BANGS HIS PALIO into my 800 from behind.
Okay now let him count his stars because today is not his lucky day.
My friend gets out,stands in front of his car and asks him to pull over.That guy keeps revving the palio as if he is going to run over my friend.My friend does not budge.
Meanwhile i get a traffic cop over and tell him the story.
He goes 'tumko police complain karneka hai'
I tell him 'HELL YA' i will see to it that this dude is thought a lesson.
Meanwhile my friend gets him out and we get a police jeep to stop.
I m so pissed i m yelling all the possible profanities i know at that guy and he was telling the cop ' see see this guy is doing all the bad talking and not me'
I m like 'DUDE ur going down'
The cops car/my car and that fools car is going to police station and i m going to register a complaint against him when he does the unthinkable.
Cuts the police car and flees.
The cops are pissed too now.
I stop at the police station and ask them to file an NC.
They do that.

This guy seemed from a well to do family was educated and must be in his 20's.Cutting me off with the tit to tat was understandable.I made a mistake when the cycle guy came in between so i had to cut the palio guy off.But banging into my car is not something i would take kindly.

Damage the rear panel below the rear quater glass is damaged.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Road Rage and ego. Thats all i see.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:12   #3

MY GOD...thats got to be a bad day man...i hope the palio fellow gets nabbed nad punished..

also can you post up the number of the palio and the color so maybe we can keep a lookout for it..
Old 25th January 2008, 00:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Road Rage and ego. Thats all i see.
Isnt it understandable if u cut someone off to save a cylce guy?who can bear the brunt of a crash more a car or a cycle?
800 how much small it might be if it goes into a cycle kid rest assured he ll not see the next day.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

people going insane specially the younger ones..hard to mention just because "dad's money,so blow it the way you like".. chaps like these who cant control over themselves on roads,could turn very dangerous on roads to everyone..Peace
(appologies for young bhpians,did not mention to hurt anyone..thought just be responsible citizen)

Drive Safe
Old 25th January 2008, 01:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

The problem with such characters is that,they think people brake suddenly or swerve out of instinct- all for no reason.
In this case, the moron in the Palio obviously didn't bother to calm down because he didn't know why the M800 braked suddenly. I guess the easiest thing to do here was to wave to him & apologize,atleast conveying that you didn't do it deliberately. That way,if the guy had some bit of brains within his skull,he would have easened things a bit and driven off.
Anyway, I strongly suggest that the next time something like this happens to someone, always acknowledge the incident & apologize if need be.

And if road rage has to happen,it will. Best to take evasive action and get away without any untoward happening.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I guess the easiest thing to do here was to wave to him & apologize,atleast conveying that you didn't do it deliberately. That way,if the guy had some bit of brains within his skull,he would have easened things a bit and driven off.
Anyway, I strongly suggest that the next time something like this happens to someone, always acknowledge the incident & apologize if need be.
I second that, even if it wasn't deliberate a sign of apology can go a long way in averting a road rage!
Old 25th January 2008, 08:58   #8
BHPian

Never realized road rage can get so out of hand.

Was driving to work (Whitefield) today morning when I noticed traffic was held up on the other side of the road. And I'm not sure you guys are going to believe this coz it did shock the day lights out of me. I'm not going to go into whose fault it was because I passed by after the incident had occurred. Well, there was an auto guy holding something in his hand (initially thought it was just his fist) and the guy from the car behind had shut his door to get away from him. The next time I look into my RVM, the car door's open and the auto guy's smashed something on the guy. My guess is that it was a brick. And then everyone on the road is treated to a freestyle fight, complete with kicks and punches. I drove on wondering whether we've really come to a state where using 'extreme force' (irrespective of whose fault it is) is the only solution we know of, to solve a problem. And it gets worse when someone justifies the use of 'force' to prove his point.
Old 25th January 2008, 09:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

the guy in the palio should have backed off when he got his share of cutting across humyum. but my guess is that humyum's non-reaction irritated him more than anything else!

humyum, good that you had police on the scene but sad that your vehicle got injured!!!
Old 25th January 2008, 09:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

sad to hear that humyum

but these days,such incidents are becoming common and sometimes it becomes the hardest thing to keep your cool.

it happened with me once where this 800 guy was deliberately teasing me by cutting me off so badly and that too 3-4 times and i ended up banging up my safari into car.

then the guys pleads guilty in front of cops and asks me for damages very politely.

but i ended up spoiling my whole day as i was traveling to office.

i would say that we can just stop and relax for 2 mins and think about gud things in life rather than taking things further.

Cos in all cases,its us who are going to be upset/harassed in such cases of road rage.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

with sunny here, its better to back off even if other person is instigating you than to fight it out since it spoils your day altogether.

Always drive with a mindset of save your car and avoid/ignore others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i would say that we can just stop and relax for 2 mins and think about gud things in life rather than taking things further.

Cos in all cases,its us who are going to be upset/harassed in such cases of road rage.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:11   #12
BHPian

Road rage ...at it's allarming worst.!!!

Hey Humyum,

My sympathies mate, but honestly speaking there are far too many of these kinda crazy dudes driving around for a few of us to try and wipe them off.

My personal experience - Driving abt 50mins one way to work and abt 70mins back home on the dreaded WEStern express highway through that terrible Link road where signals are meant only to educate toddlers on colours and not for traffic rules....life can be hell...atleats momentarily.

I have started to act to such cases in this fashion. Roll up the glasses, switch blower on 1 and shut off any external noise, play Yanni, Robert Miles or Enigma kida trance at reasonbly loud volumes and if required just halt by the side for a few mins...take a few deep sighs and jus focus on the very best life has offered me soo far.

All this may sound very philisophical, but its humanly possible to switch off the anger vent inside us by directing all our energy to something more delicate and subtle...and i have started using this technique often.

Am sure you will devise something that tunes to your personality as well....and remain the Chilled Dude.

Regards and good luck with ur vehicle repairs as well.

Old 25th January 2008, 10:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
The problem with such characters is that,they think people brake suddenly or swerve out of instinct- all for no reason.
In this case, the moron in the Palio obviously didn't bother to calm down because he didn't know why the M800 braked suddenly. I guess the easiest thing to do here was to wave to him & apologize,atleast conveying that you didn't do it deliberately. That way,if the guy had some bit of brains within his skull,he would have easened things a bit and driven off.

And if road rage has to happen,it will. Best to take evasive action and get away without any untoward happening.
I totally agree with you brother.But the point is 'he did see the whole incident happening as he was next to me on the left when the cycle guy came.I suddenly moved to the left and came too close to his car so he braked'
All the while he knew why i did it but i think he wanted me to find another alternative than making him brake and that must have agitated him.
If i was delibrately cutting him i would have definately put my hand out and apologised but before i could recover from the incident out he comes there staring at me.I just looked and the signal started and he was ahead of me.
Any normal person at this time would think okay 'chalo game over' now back to our normal driving and thats when this guy started the cutting part and that too so many times
Anway next time i think i ll brake,and get some distance between the opposite car and mine to avoid any other conflict.

Last edited by humyum : 25th January 2008 at 10:25.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Chill bro.

Expecting people to be reasonable is downright unreasonable.

Live and move on - you did the right thing. Peace.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well roadrage to its best. One thing you got to do is to control your anger buddy. Well Just apologise and nothing will happen. If he still keeps doing something stupid then you can do what you want but just tell a sorry and he would calm down trust me it works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks