Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 12:11   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
If you have friends to back you up,then I'd say its perfectly fine to go a step further & teach the culprits a lesson on two. If course,be ready to handle anything that comes your way,be it further nuisance from those people, or legal issues that might crop up from your acts.
Well said. In a near-lawless society like ours, if you have resources, do use them to enforce law and order. because if you don't, someone else without resources is going to suffer next time.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:16   #77
BHPian

Job well done shailu.!!! you must have took a photo of that multi-colored scorpio and put it up as your avtar saying.."dont mess with me"
anyways, i appreciate what you did shailu.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:46   #78
BHPian

These drunkards really cause a hell lot of pain in your a**. Last day,we had a function at our appartment. The parking lot was made up as a stage,and some of our cars wer parked outside. It was very late at night that me and my flat-mate went to take our cars.Guess what we saw.. A fully iced-up Bolero had literally scraped our cars from sideways and as my car was at the front,took out my right side's headlight also.,,and got his car parked in front of ours...like villans used to park criss cross to kidnap somebody in the movies. To our amazement,we saw the driver being alone and drunk and was sleeping inside the car itslef.The first thing he saw next morning was the police station.He was the son of some big time politician here and got out soon. And he came to the service centre where my car been,asked the works manager how much would the total repairs sum up to.. paid up in cash then adn there itself and went. Is it that simple??
Old 29th January 2008, 14:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
Job well done shailu.!!! you must have took a photo of that multi-colored scorpio and put it up as your avtar saying.."dont mess with me"
anyways, i appreciate what you did shailu.
Taking a photograph did not strike my mind at that time...next time promise to take some photographs
Old 29th January 2008, 14:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Y'day, my bro who has come from Dubai, just went to attend a marriage receiption of his friend. He parked his car in the right place and went inside. After finishing the function, he wanted to remove his car. It was already late in night. But a guy had parked a new santro near back of his car making him difficult to reverse or to move. This moron did not have even the "noodles" that somebody had parked the car and how can he remove his car if he parks his right at the back of that car? But my bro got the car out after much haggling with the steering, and to teach this guy a lesson, he took his key and scratched the entire left portion of the new santro.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:02   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Y'day, my bro who has come from Dubai, just went to attend a marriage receiption of his friend. He parked his car in the right place and went inside. After finishing the function, he wanted to remove his car. It was already late in night. But a guy had parked a new santro near back of his car making him difficult to reverse or to move. This moron did not have even the "noodles" that somebody had parked the car and how can he remove his car if he parks his right at the back of that car? But my bro got the car out after much haggling with the steering, and to teach this guy a lesson, he took his key and scratched the entire left portion of the new santro.
Anybody around here who has a new santro with the left portion scratched
Old 29th January 2008, 15:49   #82
Team-BHP Support

maybe just maybe the guy had a reserved parking spot that was taken up by your brother.

I think it would be a lot of fun, if someone whose car was vandalised finds the vandal here.
used the word vandal, as I cannot think of any other word.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailu View Post
Anybody around here who has a new santro with the left portion scratched
Hope nobody's here. Otherwise, they have to go all the way to Bahrain for colleting the money as my bro is leaving for Bahrain today on project work from Dubai.

Last edited by snaronikar : 29th January 2008 at 15:54.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
maybe just maybe the guy had a reserved parking spot that was taken up by your brother.

I think it would be a lot of fun, if someone whose car was vandalised finds the vandal here. used the word vandal, as I cannot think of any other word.
This happened on the public road and you expect the guy to have reservations in the public road.

These educated idiots doesn't even have some kind of common sense not to park the vehicles on the back of the other vehicles which will obstruct the other people.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:59   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
. And he came to the service centre where my car been,asked the works manager how much would the total repairs sum up to.. paid up in cash then adn there itself and went. Is it that simple??
Wow.. atleast he came to his senses in the morning atleast. While I would not like to condone drunk driving, he atleast had the decency to own up and pay up for his mistakes.

Quote:
and to teach this guy a lesson, he took his key and scratched the entire left portion of the new santro.
Your brother should be ashamed of himself. I hope he doesnt come crying the next time some one else scratches HIS car.
Old 29th January 2008, 16:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Your brother should be ashamed of himself. I hope he doesnt come crying the next time some one else scratches HIS car.
Why should he be? Unable to understand why do you support / sympathise the person who has parked his car on a public road troubling others.
Old 29th January 2008, 16:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

Few years back, a white Amby with red lights was parked just in front of our apartment entrance. The entrance was totally blocked. No vehicle could exit/enter. It was around 11PM and the owner/driver could not be found. In fact, the driver had roughed up the apartment security guard when he had protested. I had to park my car somewhere else. Being p*&^%$ off, I deflated all four tires. Next day, the security guard told me that the guys had driven off like that.

Another time, coming home late (was at a family function and both cars were out) I see a Scorpio parked all over our designated parking space. It was parked in such a way that none of my cars could be parked. The guy was attending a party at flat owner's place. When I politely asked them to remove the car they became aggressive and started shouting, cursing and pushing. They were all "jaanta nahi hum kaun hai??". Since my father was present with me, I couldn't really draw him his family tree. We called the cops and 30 mins later they removed the car. Nice neighbors eh?
Old 29th January 2008, 16:10   #88
Team-BHP Support

Just to make myself clear, I dont like double parking idiots.
I face a similar issue in my apartment with people parking cars without realising the problem it causes. Had to indulge in a few shouting matches.
BUT. The most I would suggest is to deflate the tyres.

Scratching a car, how can you do that to the poor helpless thing.
Old 29th January 2008, 16:20   #89
BHPian

Quote:
But my bro got the car out after much haggling with the steering, and to teach this guy a lesson, he took his key and scratched the entire left portion of the new santro.
I don't intend to be judgemental but doesn't that start the whole cycle all over again. The Santro guy would have probably ended up cursing everyone in sight without even realizing that it was a result of something stupid that he did. I mean, whats the point when the other person doesn't realize it. A 'stick it' note on his windshield telling him what the problem was (even if it was to call him the choicest names ) would have sufficed but thats just my opinion.
Old 29th January 2008, 16:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just to make myself clear, I dont like double parking idiots.
I face a similar issue in my apartment with people parking cars without realising the problem it causes. Had to indulge in a few shouting matches.
BUT. The most I would suggest is to deflate the tyres.

Scratching a car, how can you do that to the poor helpless thing.
This poor helpless thing should have had the common sense not to double park the car. This will teach these "poor little things" to be careful next time.

Most Viewed