Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 03:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Is that really true- having to keep your car in neutral when you park? Obviously you'd have to engage the hand-brake,else 99% for sure,the car would move on the slightest incline.

Poor NHC in the hands of the lady..!
In Calcutta on most busy streets, curb-side parking norm is to park in neutral without handbrake with the wheels straight. The idea is to have the parking attendants be able to push/roll the car to accomodate maximum number of cars. Its the attendants reponsibility to see that the car does not roll into areas of inconvenience like a gate etc. Its the same in our office as well. On inclines, though handbrakes are kept applied.
Old 30th January 2008, 07:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Man, you are in India and not in US/Europe.
Now that ur bro is outside India, is he not gonna behave in the same way? So this special treatment is reserved for Indians only?

One more thing, How come your bro could not get out of the parking space easily? Did he park too close to the car in front? In that case, by the same argument, the front car owner had full rights to scratch ur bro's car !!
Old 30th January 2008, 10:57   #123
Team-BHP Support

read this post a couple of days back.

someone who had his car scratched

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...96-why-me.html
Old 30th January 2008, 13:50   #124
BHPian

Ya guys.. An apological gesture works in most of these situations..The other guy gets high BP only when we move along with an attitude that its not our fault. On road, its always adviceable to keep egoes out and peace in. Right guys?
Also, i too follow the practice of parking my car without handbrakes and another trick that i do is to keep a rock behind the wheels to avoid it from rollin down a slope.It works big-time.
Cheers guys.
Peace.
Old 2nd February 2008, 14:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailu View Post
.... So what do i do?
i dropped my wife & kid in my home, go pick up few friends of mine explain what happned , picked up 3 liters of paint(various colors) go back to the place where they had parked their vehicle ...and poured all the 3 liters of paint all over the scorpio.

I am not sure what i did was correct or not...but please do not go for a argument in late night with family by your side.

Man, that's vengeance for you. Shailu, I shall have to be careful on the road now. Next time I get someone upset, I might end up with a very sadly colourful car.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:25   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Even I had faced such tight parking situations, but I just cursed & wished all ills to that owner/driver who wrongly parked his car/2-wheeler and just manage to wriggle my car out.

Scratching the car is too much a punishment to be meted out!

ROC's post-it idea looks good, I should start trying it out, atleast the owner will realize his folly & hopefully will not repeat it.

Same with me. And sometimes I have had to park in tight spots for want of space. Now if someone comes and finds my car blocking his and a large space on the other side of my car where another car had been parked when I came in, I hope he will have the sense of understanding that I did not park there stupidly or just to make his life difficult. I have been lucky thus far.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

while in dubai, if I had to double park, park in such a way that it blocks another persons path, i make it a point to leave a sheet of paper with my number on the wind shield.

and i do this only for those short runs into a grocery or some small trivial stuffs - those from which I can run back to the car immediately.

but in india, never yet come across a parking crunch.
Old 3rd February 2008, 14:09   #128
Senior - BHPian

I guess people have really lost it.

Have noticed that patience is a virtue that has gone out of stock on the roads.

Picture this - I am driving along in my lane and the traffic going in the opposite direction comes to a halt due to red signals / jams / passengers getting off - whatever and suddenly you see autos and bikes coming at you in your lane nonchantly.

to top it they flash at you to get off their path !!

It has become a pain to drive on roads that have a single lane each way.
Old 3rd February 2008, 14:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

There are a bunch of stray dogs which a guy from the opposite building feeds.Out of those 2 ended up climbing on my car from the bonnet.
Roof from the center caved in and to my horror that guy was putting biscuits on top of my car and feeding the dogs instead of pushing them to come down.They were jumpin around,scratchin the roof and what not.I saw this from my 3rd floor flat.
I went down and yelled out in marathi
'Tula ani tujya kurtriyala doghana kaana khaali deyil..buddhi naahi kaai'
That guy kept looking while i took a stick and pushed the dogs down.
People have just caring about others property.What if it was his car?Would he have still allowed them to play on the roof ?Would he have put biscuits on the roof and let them eat.DISGUSTING.
Old 3rd February 2008, 15:47   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm glad he feeds dogs, but on the car roof? No way!
Old 3rd February 2008, 16:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

WTH !!! Humyum - I do not know how you controlled your self then buddy !!

I don't know what I would have done in your place !! Beat the guy up - not the dogs I guess.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:05   #132
Senior - BHPian

Best way to calm things down is show your hand as an apology without hesitation. It works almost everytime.

Drifter
Old 4th February 2008, 14:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

@humyum Dude thats pretty sad man. People have really lost it or what? How can he in his sane sense feed biscuits on your car! Guess you should have done something more than that. Firstly does he own a car?
Old 4th February 2008, 14:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

humyum - you are too patient! I would have had a go at that guy (I guess!)!!!

some people have absolutely (absolutely) no respect for others property! this has been said a million times here and guess, it will be said another million times and we will have the same effect!
Old 4th February 2008, 14:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

Damage was already done.Scraches on the roof and small marks on the bonnet.i had to get inside to push the roof out back to its position and all this when its time to sell the car :(
I need a forcefield around the car till its sold :|

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks