Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 16:03   #31
BHPian

Hey Supercars,
i dont want to offend you in any way but you see, it doesnt matter whether it's a small car or expensive one. To every owner, a scratch (no matter how small and fixable) hurts just as much as it does to you. It does not even matter if the person can splurge and get it fixed right away. The thing is that in the end, feelings are involved and even after the scratch or damage is fixed, you still feel a little "off" knowing that there was a scratch on your car :P

But on a better note, like someone has mentioned before, its not in your hands, if your car has to get scratched, it will, and specially in India...
So it's best just to try and get over it and move on, no use obsessing over it because it will definately keep happening for as long as you own a car.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:55   #32
BHPian

Aww man , this is really bad , every body gets bumped now and then but for you its

"A series of unfortunate events"

take snaronikar's advice , else consult the stars
Old 1st February 2008, 18:54   #33
BHPian

There are a couple of options to deal with this
1. Forget about those scratches made mainly by people who don't have cars to really feel for it
2. Buy a used Mahindra for city use. GTO, do people make scratches on your Classic though it is good looking?
Old 1st February 2008, 18:58   #34
BHPian

My younger bro told me that he saw a black wagon R parked in busy Trichur town with a huge white paper on one of glasses that read "Bought this car on bank loan. Please do not scratch".. Now, how is that!
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:06   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Buy a used Mahindra for city use. GTO, do people make scratches on your Classic though it is good looking?
Not really. But then, it has a ton of scratches already!
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameonrwind View Post
take snaronikar's advice , else consult the stars
Dude, I do not want one more argument. But...

Last edited by snaronikar : 2nd February 2008 at 15:51.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Many people just cannot digest the fact that a car is prim and proper and good looking and quite naturally their maintenance sucks as one can always say about a person's driving and also from the numerous scratches and dents all over. Such frustrated souls become jealous and cant stand the fact that a particular ride is good looking and neatly maintained and all you can do is pray that suckers will have a taste of their medicine some day.
BTW take good care of you as well as the ride
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:52   #38
BHPian

I am sedan driver and an old jeep would break all my bones on rough roads. So yes my vehicle may be safe from scratches but I would be in hospital.
Old 15th February 2008, 20:18   #39
BHPian

Crap happens man, Driving one morning.....all traffic was stopped on the road coz the CM or PM was passing I was the only chap on the side taking a U turn .....i turned half way.....and a 14 year old chap driving his chetak like rossi came and crashed in trying to overtake me , i tried my best to get the car parallel to the scooter but crashed in 3 times, as in, 3 different impacts, he was at about 60 km/hr.....good part is that he didnt get any any hurt, ended up on the wrong side of the road, didnt even fall....All police guys were around...asked me to take the boy to the PS in my car!?! i had some very important to attend go had to leave.......nothing happened for the next 12 months.... a couple days back an army truck rear ended me at a red signall trashing it again. 2 accidents in 10 years of use.
Crap happens. Don't get demoralized.
here is a pic of the accident last year's crash...took 8K to fix.

(cant post as thumbnail , flickr doesnt allow that)

Last edited by gendarmee : 15th February 2008 at 20:21. Reason: Correcting Typo

Most Viewed