Team-BHP - Any one got hit by a Army Truck?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Any one got hit by a Army Truck? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/35420-any-one-got-hit-army-truck.html)

My car just got trashed from the back half an hour back.....the traffic police guys were like,"let them go coz they can register any thing" the Army Guys screaming like mad dogs wanted us to accept that it was our mistake and wouldnt let us go anywhere...accept out mistake that our car was not moving. Hell. It was a red signal...

Can I do anything about it? coz i was ready to forget about it & and leave but they wouldnt let me go until i accepted my mistake:Frustrati(which i didn't) but the army guys took my Registration number down.

The most irritating part was, they said even if it were people crossing the road they would mow them down coz its an army truck, army is always right.

(mods:If not the appropriate section please move it to the right one )

Quote:

Originally Posted by gendarmee (Post 719003)
My car just got trashed from the back half an hour back.....the traffic police guys were like,"let them go coz they can register any thing" the Army Guys screaming like mad dogs wanted us to accept that it was our mistake and wouldnt let us go anywhere...accept out mistake that our car was not moving. Hell. It was a red signal...

Can I do anything about it? coz i was ready to forget about it & and leave but they wouldnt let me go until i accepted my mistake:Frustrati(which i didn't) but the army guys took my Registration number down.

The most irritating part was, they said even if it were people crossing the road they would mow them down coz its an army truck, army is always right.

I think these particular army truck soldiers must be sent to the kashmir border for the next 3 years. Then they will understand what are they supposed to do, by being in the army

If you have the details of the truck i.e. the unit number (the numbers usually in a painted sheild) etc you can call up the CO (Commanding Officer) of the unit and get the matter resolved. Once this escalates to an officer's level the resolution is pretty quick.

These guys are acting like big bullies. Its time our local police took lead about these type of behaviour and ask them to refrain fighting and making statements in public. These guys should be thrashed in public and court marshalled. Try givng police complaint or register an FIR. I think might you have noted down the no. of vehicle. Hope your vehicle is OK.

Oh no! This is unacceptable behaviour.

I suggest you go to the media - they will gleefully pick up the story whereas cops will hesitate even to book a case. You have nothing to lose.

I think the best way to approach this,is to file an FIR against the specific truck driver (if you have the license plates,that'll work). Once there's an FIR in hand,you can approach the Administrative officer at the local Army base,and ask him to take action. There are a bunch of sensible officers in the Admin. Team,so lets hope they take this up and do the needful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 719016)
These guys should be thrashed in public and court marshalled.

Pls don't go to that extent!
After all, they are the ones who put their lives at risk saving our Motherland!

But, this incident of banging someone waiting at a Red signal is totally unacceptable!
I feel the driver must be drunk, he should have been brought to his senses by Police, but our Police are too scared to mess with them.

Anyway, just file a FIR and speak to the SHO if anything can be done.

Did you get the number of the Truck ?
FIR, IMHO would not make any difference because the cops would rather not follow up on that. You would be better off going to the army cantonment and speaking to some officer, he would guide you to the correct people who the driver ultimately reports to. I'm sure that driver of the truck would be hauled up.

Oooh this is really scary. I'll be careful in Bangalore when those trucks are around. They actually got no right to bully the public. You should try a FIR and report the same to the Army HQ.

Atleast let them know about this bully incident. Armies are not for bullying the public, they're for keeping us safe.

cya
A

I've heard that the Military Police is scarier than the normal Police. If you do report this to the Military Police, I think the Army folks would be wishing you filed an FIR with the local Police instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gendarmee (Post 719003)

I think any complaint against the army personnel has to be filed with the army police. I know it's a pain but if that's the right way, try doing that.

Sorry to hear this gross misuse of position and power by the army guys...

gendarmee very sad to hear that but yes one cannot do anything to army trucks. Even if you register a complaint somehow u wont get anything.

Even cops are afraid from them. I still remember the incident when these military guys took their trucks and tank full of soldiers to the police station because one of the cops misbehaved with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 719034)
Pls don't go to that extent!
After all, they are the ones who put their lives at risk saving our Motherland!

But, this incident of banging someone waiting at a Red signal is totally unacceptable!

I understand & agree to what you are saying. But these kind of behaviours are unpardonable. We give examples of these army men to our kids to be discplined like them. But on streets if they indulge in these kind of petty activities, then our kids will just wonder and ask us what kind of examples you are giving?

I also understand they are human beings. But they are disciplined and need to behave properly in public.

Ehh!!!??? The Gendarmee complaining about the Army??

Jokes apart, do get in touch with the army police. The local police IS supposed to refer the matter to the army police - all offences by army men SHOULD be investigated by the army police first. The local police have jurisdiction only if the army police refers the matter back to them. The army police usually gives the go-ahead to the local police in cases like this, AFAICT.

The problem - the army police is INSIDE the army campus - whatever it is called in your area. Now, try going to the sentry at the entry point and telling them that you want to lodge a complaint!!!

Rotten seeds are there in every field !! No exceptions be it army, navy, ordinary police, special force, black cats or special squads !! Only way to face such issues is to gather some courage and go to the appropriate office to book a complaint. Dont think such an action will go waste. Times have changed. A genuine complaint rarely go unattended.

Think this way : What if the truck driver already has some record of complaints from other sources ? Yours will add to that and make the guy face the deserving action at the earliest before he tries to act smart with someone else on the road !