Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 11:58   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
My daughter has been sitting on car seats since the age of 4 days old. She's covered over 30K on the road in last 1.5 years!
Absolutely no issues with the car seat. It's how we groom the children right from word go.
to that.

My son 1.8 years now was used to and enjoyed the baby seat since 8 months old when we travelled with him.

However, after a gap of few months, now he just refuses to even have a look at it. I tried short distances also like dropping him to the day care - but no luck.

MX - any pointers on how to reinculcate this? I will not mind direct lessons also - am in Pune too.
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Child safety issues and Solutions

Today I saw this Idiot Activa scooter rider trying to do on road full of traffic what circus guys do in the ring.
He made his son stand on the pillion seat and held him by his left arm for support,while he was controling the scooter with his right hand.
Adding oil to the fire he was talking on his cell phone on hands free when doing all these acts of riding and holding his son.
Attached Thumbnails
Child safety issues and Solutions-jjj-066.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2012, 20:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Today I saw this Idiot Activa scooter rider trying to do on road full of traffic what circus guys do in the ring.
He made his son stand on the pillion seat and held him by his left arm for support,while he was controling the scooter with his right hand.
Adding oil to the fire he was talking on his cell phone on hands free when doing all these acts of riding and holding his son.
Careless,Idiotic and risking two lives on the two wheeler. Think about the plight of the innocent driver (vehicle) behind him if something unfortunate happens. These people should stopped from being on the road. Simple recipe for disaster
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:40   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
to that.

My son 1.8 years now was used to and enjoyed the baby seat since 8 months old when we travelled with him.

However, after a gap of few months, now he just refuses to even have a look at it. I tried short distances also like dropping him to the day care - but no luck.

MX - any pointers on how to reinculcate this? I will not mind direct lessons also - am in Pune too.
You can put buy some basic dvd-player type of thing and mount it for his entertainment. It usually works. If you don't have the issue of front-passenger airbag, you can try fixing the child seat in the front after sliding the seat as far back as possible. Give him books, toys, munchies, etc to keep him distracted. Or show some other kids traveling in the child seat. It is hard work :-)
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:12   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
to that.

Kids love to copy the parents and other elders. Make it into a song.
Something like.

We go in the car....We go in the car
We open the door....we open the door.
We have seat...We have our Seat.
That is for daddy, that is for mummy...and that is the special seat for my (nickname)

Just try making it into a fun ritual. All the best.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 19:56   #51
BHPian

Re: Child safety issues and Solutions

Quote:
to that.

As MX6 mentioned, this is something the kid has to be taught. It is easier if you start from day one. If you wait till the kid reaches his / her terrible twos, it will be that much more difficult.

My daughter has her own car seat from the time she was two months old (I admit I delayed for two months ) and now she doesnt like to sit on anyone's lap or on the rear bench itself - she is 2 yrs old now. She likes her seat and likes it to be belted in it (probably feels more secure to her).

If trying to get a toddler to accept a car seat then you do have an uphill battle. I have seen colleagues who relocated to US when their kids were 2 plus years old and they did have to re-educate the child with a combination of "sam-dam-dand-bhed" and they did succeed in the end.

Showing examples of other kids in their car seats, making a big fuss (praising) when the child did sit in the car seat, threats of Police Uncle, and finally not taking the child along if not strapped in the car seat usually did the trick.
Also, try to get the child to choose the car seat and get a sense of ownership towards it.

All the best. I applaud you for thinking the right way about safety for your child.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:25   #52
BHPian

Day Care Center for my 1 yr old

Hi,

I have a 1 year old daughter and due to our schedule, we have to put her into a Day Care center.

Does anyone know of Day Care centers around Marathahalli area?

I heard there is one in the JP Morgan office tech park. Any reviews of it?

MaSh
Old 24th January 2013, 12:19   #53
Team-BHP Support

A rather strong video that shows why belting in is very important.
This kid was very lucky.

Old 20th February 2013, 23:46   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't it dangerous? Kid sitting rear facing in a two wheeler.

Child safety issues and Solutions-photo0021optimized.jpg
Old 21st February 2013, 08:39   #55
BHPian

I was in a rude shock when the school van drivers supported the two day Bandh, not for anything related to the price rise, but as protest against "harassing" them for not adhering to the norms specified for running the school buses. They also want to be included in the "unorganized labor" union so that they can collectively thwart any rules/regulations imposed on them.
Old 29th April 2013, 18:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

There was an article in the HT Delhi edition that from 2014 onwards it will be mandatory to have car seats for children. But will it be for kids upto 3 yrs or like in other countries upto 18 Kgs and when this will actually be implemented is quite unclear.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks