Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 12:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
...Last week a guy on a two wheeler started abusing me when i honked at him to make him move from the rightmost lane, as he was doing something like 30kmph. I just rolled up my windows and turned up the volume when he parked his bike in front of me and started shouting something in Kannada. Poor fellow had no choice but to move when traffic started piling up behind me. Hehe... probably his day got ruined and mine got made!
why does these thing happen!

day before yesterday, evening around 7pm; finished consultation with the doctor and walk to my car. wife and kid gets in. i get a call and it takes 10 minutes to finish the call (i am standing on the footpath just besides the car the whole time).

I notice a lady, with her scooty parked in front of my car, but on the side; i have enough space to take my vehicle, if needed. she is also present there and she is also on a call.

i finish the call and get into the car and start the engine. wify tells me to get home asap (Kid exhausted the milk that was taken and asking for more!!!). I say 'ok' and turn forward to notice that the lady has also started her scooty and standing right in front of my vehicle. she want to get to the other side of the road and is not able to due to oncoming traffic. I wait for few minutes (guess it was close to 3~4). then, on seeing thru the rear mirror that the traffic is at full flow and this lady will nto cross in teh next 10 minutes(!) I honk and when she looks at me I as her to just come parallel to my car and try to cross; will give me atleast place to go and she can take all the time in the world to cross.

what she does - just looks at me and then comes back (reverse) such that her 3/4 of the vehicle is in front on my car (perviously it was 1/4) and she starting saying something in kannada (Do note that I heard her speak on the phone in perfect english a few minutes back! and also she does not understand malayalam has no inclination to learn it to talk to me!!!)

i kept quite for a minute; she was concentrating on standing in front of me rather than moving; got pissed off; engaged 1st gear and reverred and went straight at her. braked hard very close to her, she got the point, moved off and i drove off.

i called her few names (under my breadth) and drove off.

God

Last edited by HappyWheels : 18th February 2008 at 12:16.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:15   #32
BHPian

@VJ,

looks like the curse of 15th Feb has struck You as well.
I happened to be part of and witness a near rear-end Friday evening near Banaswadi in ORR.

At about 3:30 PM, I am heading towards home in my swift and see this Red Verna stop almost 3-4 car lengths behind me in traffic at Hormavu Junction. On crossing the Banaswadi junction, he cuts right in front of me from left (I was in the middle lane to allow him overtake). I carried on.

Near Kamanahalli cross on ORR, he again cut from behind a truck to the front of another lorry (from left again) resulting in smoking tyres and screaming brakes. The lorry almost fell on the right side, almost taking with it the people waiting to cross the junction. I was behind the lorry and could brake safely. (Made me wonder if ill be able to steer at all). The Verna guy didnt even realise what he did and carried on.

The number plate ends with MG 1712 and anyone seeing this verna on road, please beware of the mad owner. If hes already part of this forum, God save ppl on road when You are driving. Amen.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

That was a close one too and definitely such road rages are on the rise thanks to frustrated souls and their lifestyles. Just be careful and drive safe as you never know which moron is on the move be it behind you or ahead or even beside to box you down and also cuss for no fault of yours.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:23   #34
BHPian

Iam not sure you are not alone .Last week one lorry came in one way. May be to avoid a "U" turn. Took some skin of my car in his hurry to get into the one way before vehicles in right lane occupy the place . what a crap guy.I went out and was sure I can't talk with that dirty soul and what i saw his panned teeth. I came back and now got it repaired for 3000 bucks.
From no where,no mistake of ours we are strained.
I won't know we guys feels sympathy or what ever. I should have taken that guy to police station.But I still don't why I did'nt
Old 18th February 2008, 12:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Isnt it almost ironically amusing that inspite of all this mad rush we see on the roads, punctuality is still a rarity??
Old 18th February 2008, 13:00   #36
BHPian

Yeah! good question Amit.Most of the time people rush to park the car and smoke or go and wait for someone for 2 hours!.

One day I slowed down for few people to cross in 80 feet Koramangala.One sumo honked hell lot.After I moved he moved little ahead parked and went to a small shop.May be for pan or ciga!
Old 18th February 2008, 13:05   #37
BHPian

So it's not just me....every time i step out for a drive, i end up meeting these MORONS and they sure spoil the mood for the day.

In driving, you cannot differentiate between OVER-SMART and UNDER-DEVELOPED drivers. They drive the same.

-- Torqy
Old 18th February 2008, 13:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

One comes across these morons @ will on our roads and the frequency is alarmingly high. Out of all this, one thing is a sure bulls eye hit that neither they love their rides nor their lives(certainly not others).Wish they exercise a certain level of dignity and courtesy on our roads and citing another instance of my firangi colleague who was a witness to such a mad rush of people and he commented "Man guess folks here wanna get ahead of others no matter what happens to the others" and it pierced me through to the core.
Unfortunate labeling in a generic way and then i defended and presented that everyone is not that way, but again on introspection i felt that oh yea! how many people am i trying to convince ? when the reality is right in front of us

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 18th February 2008 at 13:25.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Drugs, alcohol, testosterone and peer pressure

Drugs, alcohol, testosterone and peer pressure (showing off for friends) do not mix. I get out of their way and let them go find their destiny, perhaps the rear end of a Tata Tipper or a car load of people just like them.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:35   #40
BHPian

[quote=HappyWheels;726382] got pissed off; engaged 1st gear and reverred and went straight at her. braked hard very close to her, she got the point, moved off and i drove off.

/quote]

Great . Just hoping that you also get the point and move off When A Bus , Truck or a bigger vehicle executes a similar trick on you , when you and your family are in your car., irrespective of the language spoken by them.

If you in your car can charge a 2 wheeler becuase you were pissed off , your car is also fair game for pissed off drivers of bigger vehicles.

Last edited by w 12 : 18th February 2008 at 13:36.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

road rage is one of the worst points to get at. but it does affect you at one point of time or other. there are many instances where I start the vehicle by saying to myself to be calm and to let the morons do what they want and to stay out of their way. but it usually happens that I find that the more space you give, the more 'push' you get!

as said by DirtyDan, the best thing to do for such people is to let them meet their 'Tata tipper' or another bunch of like minded maniacs!
Old 18th February 2008, 13:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post

Great . Just hoping that you also get the point and move off When A Bus , Truck or a bigger vehicle executes a similar trick on you , when you and your family are in your car., irrespective of the language spoken by them.

If you in your car can charge a 2 wheeler becuase you were pissed off , your car is also fair game for pissed off drivers of bigger vehicles.
Dude you are still stuck @ the language i suppose and you are not able to assimilate the fact that overpowering others verbally in the local language and then in some cases physically is a trend mastered by localites to garner support even though they are @ fault big time. This applies to all the cities FYI and the question is why does people lack the basic courteous attitude of "oh sorry i messed it up and i apologise" but hell no as it punctures their chauvinistic ego that is always to be flaunted and takes precedence above all others.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 18th February 2008 at 13:48.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thanks for letting me in on this. I never thought I would have realized this till you pointed it out to me!

dont know about you, but I would not place my vehicle, with or without family, in front of another vehicle, either 2 wheeler or 18 wheeler, blocking its way or right of path, regardless of the drivers language! guess both of us are at different levels when it comes to on road ethic!
Old 18th February 2008, 13:49   #44
BHPian

@Maverick , what u did was the right thing to do.

Incidently i had a similar experience near trinity circle in Bangalore. I was on my bike on the right lane waiting to take a right turn. A bunch of morons in the alto blocking the traffic in the wrong lane. when every one started honking, he started to abuse them. I gave a weird look at him, he thought i was supporting him. All i told him was , you era wrong. man should see the hurl of abuses at me. Pulling evryone including my mom. All i did was laugh at him and pulled my helmet out and started having a hearty laugh, which made him hurl more abuses. To my surprise everyone started laughing at that guy. It pissed him so much that, he wanted to confront me. And finally I had the last laugh .

I felt very good the whole evening. My wife whom i narrated the incident said i shuld've given it right there, but still i feel what i did was the right thing to do.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:56   #45
BANNED

People don't care when THEY piss off somebody. It only matters when SOMEBODY piss them off.

I won't surprised if the Astra guy (who pissed off the thread starter) comes here and starts a thread on how an SUV pissed him off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
got pissed off; engaged 1st gear and reverred and went straight at her. braked hard very close to her, she got the point, moved off and i drove off.
Note: I wonder why the scooter lady hasn't started a thread on how a certain car guy pissed her off.
Quote:

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks