Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:17   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
well said !!!!. good thing the air bags didnt pop. or did they ?
Tool Baba,

The air bags did not pop as the impact was not at speed. Only damaged parts are right fender, bonnet & windscreen. The headlights, bumper and everything else is intact.

Viper
viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
The air bags did not pop as the impact was not at speed.
bags without belts are doubly dangerous. Belt up even in the rear seat.

Some common sense rules.
1. Kids under 12 sit in the rear seat and must remain belted at all times.
2. Adults in the car shoud be belted at all speeds exceeding 5kmph.

I have friends who regularly do NOT belt up. I wont drive with them untill they are belted. Even my mom belts up. Maybe I am obsessive but I dont see the harm.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

nice to know our buddies are safe and they are back into action-mods can we have this thread clossed as this might turn up into a copy of many threads already posted.
ram
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:59   #34
BHPian

Well guys we are both okay... The seatbelts could have saved the fracture and stiches though.. I usually wear it at all times but the 0.5 km ride seemed casual and short, but anyway, buckle up all you guys no matter where and how you ride

And thanks to viper for all the help !!
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

hey karthik good to know your ok man...cheers for it dude..
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

woow,direct live telecast,please guys fasten your belts even if its a short drive.i was not used to it but lately have made it a point to strap up as if its mandatory.lol
ram
Old 24th February 2008, 00:20   #37

are you sure that the car has only "minor" damage...it is not so from what i have heard...
Old 24th February 2008, 11:10   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
are you sure that the car has only "minor" damage...it is not so from what i have heard...
Cyrus,

No offense but which part of the below statement did you not understand.

"The air bags did not pop as the impact was not at speed. Only damaged parts are right fender, bonnet & windscreen. The headlights, bumper and everything else is intact."

The car can be seen at KS's pump and if you like I can post pics after taking Karan's permission.

Viper
Old 24th February 2008, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys, let us leave credibility of crash claims out of this thread. If somebody does not believe what is here, they can go and check it out at KS's place, or PM KS or RDKarthik.
Old 24th February 2008, 12:33   #40
BHPian

Sorry to write this point here (probably this has been repeated but still i like to remind) , its not important only to see you are belted but its important to see that you are belted correctly. I see many put on the seat belts for the sake of cops. Please make sure the belt is not twisted when you put it on and make sure it goes over your collar bone and NOTHING should be in your front pockets especially stuff like pens as these are the ones which cause more injuries in case of accidents.

Nice to hear both are safe.
Old 24th February 2008, 23:38   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
... and NOTHING should be in your front pockets especially stuff like pens as these are the ones which cause more injuries in case of accidents.
Interesting little detail! Have never thought of that (but then i dont really wear a lot of shirts with pockets / or ever put stuff in them), but im sure it applies to a lot of people. Good to know.

Glad to heard RDK and KS are okay.

Buckle up.
R
Old 25th February 2008, 16:49   #42
BHPian

Just my point of view. Now since things have been cleared, why is this thread still getting the desired fuel to go on & on???Why dont the mods lock it or maybe they are waiting for some more comments on this & heat raising???
Old 25th February 2008, 21:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Niki,

Its been 36 hours since anyone posted anything more about the incident. So why did you post here if things were quiet ?
Old 26th February 2008, 12:49   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Just my point of view. Now since things have been cleared, why is this thread still getting the desired fuel to go on & on???Why dont the mods lock it or maybe they are waiting for some more comments on this & heat raising???
Niki, watch the tone. If you do have a request for moderator action, please use the "report this post to a moderator" button and we will investigate.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Sorry to write this point here (probably this has been repeated but still i like to remind) , its not important only to see you are belted but its important to see that you are belted correctly. I see many put on the seat belts for the sake of cops. Please make sure the belt is not twisted when you put it on and make sure it goes over your collar bone and NOTHING should be in your front pockets especially stuff like pens as these are the ones which cause more injuries in case of accidents.

Nice to hear both are safe.
Thats an interesting point for discussion buddie.Had never thought of it.Most of the people have their mobiles in their shirt pockets while driving and as you said it is dangerous situation in the event of a crash.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks