Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 18:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
one of the people challaned was an MP from Haryana.
Slightly OT,but ishaan any more details on this.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
If that was Bangalore we would have had a few speed breakers which come up by now.
Very true - mountain speed breakers (read car/bone breakers). Which would come overnight, would not have any signs and would lead few unsuspecting two wheelers to hospital...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suman
I don't know about 180 but they would have been going at a heck of a pace - I mean, all it takes is a miscalculation even at 50-60 for disaster to strike, why 180? And, my question is, how did they know it was 180?
Police does not use any scientific way of assessing accident speed. They look at the tyre marks, they look at the damage and guestimate the speed. Usually on a higher side... Also alcohol is in news story by default, medical tests later prove that it may or may not be the case (in this case it was).

Tyre marks...??? I thought ABS car's usually do not leave tyre marks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghav
Don't know about 180 in a Laura but a couple of years back I had easily done a round of this road at around 140-150 late at night when there was no traffic around. Due to its huge width the road does allow you to take such liberties but you have to be careful as it can turn ugly very, very fast with the dividers in certain section in place.
Now we have people talking....

Last edited by ST7677 : 28th February 2008 at 10:18.
Old 28th February 2008, 13:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Slightly OT,but ishaan any more details on this.
Nope Sunny, just the mention of it in the paper, no name.
Old 28th February 2008, 13:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
MODS: Can we have a DEDICATED DRUNKEN DRIVING thread like "the official non-auto image" thread?

-- Torqy
Mods: That was a serious request.

:(

-- Torqy
Old 28th February 2008, 15:53   #35
BHPian

Guys, if you read the report in HT it mentions the car became airborne while taking a turn at high speed and crashed into a tree in mid air.
If this is true, we can just imagine the speed at ahich they were travelling. The accident happened at 4am in the morning.
Such irresponsible people deserve what happened. They drink and drive and in general create a nuisance on the roads for other citizens. Had they been driving rationally none of this would have happened. What if they had hit someone else ?
But unfortunately, such people get off scot free when caught. Look at Salman Khan. Will justice ever be done to those labourers ?
Old 6th April 2008, 16:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

No matter how much better a car is built or company innovate, there are enough jokers around to prove them wrong.

Drive Safe Bhpians

Always use seatbelts
Old 7th April 2008, 20:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Look at Salman Khan. Will justice ever be done to those labourers ?
I dont know if this has been discussed in another thread, i'm sure it has actually. Lets not bring that up w.r.t. the labourers getting justice. The actor in question should most definitely be charged with driving under influence. Whether labourers are supposed to sleep on the pavements at night or not is another issue altogether. Homicide, therefore, should not be considered as an "obvious" charge here. Lets keep it to the Delhi incident.

...and nothing personal here, my friend. Its just that this topic always manages to get me to put forward those opinions about what I call, the "deeper issues affecting Mumbai". Peace.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

And hey, isn't it high time sealbelts for the rear passengers is also enforced as a law? It's inconvenient, uncomfortable, blah blah, but it saves lives. The law for driver and front passenger has been impletented well in Mumbai and is very successful i.m.o.
Old 9th April 2008, 12:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Torqy
MODS: Can we have a DEDICATED DRUNKEN DRIVING thread like "the official non-auto image" thread?

I second that, Torqy
Old 18th April 2008, 11:34   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

isnt it about time that such offenders get booked and are made to pay for their sins?
eg Salman Khan should definitely be indicted in the drunken and rash driving case - do you know that the penalty he was made to pay was Rs 800? That is the penalty under the IPC for drunken and rash driving - and he has killed a few poor people!
And he hasnt even been taken to task properly for that Black Buck case.
I sincerely feel this country has a seriously skewed sense of priorities and justice when it comes to these celeb types and so called influential people!
Look at that fellow (BMW case New Delhi) Nanda's grandmother perjuring herself in court saying that he grandson never drove fast and all that! Isnt it ridiculous to expect people to believe such a fabrication of obvious lies?
Old 18th April 2008, 12:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
isnt it about time that such offenders get booked and are made to pay for their sins?
eg Salman Khan should definitely be indicted in the drunken and rash driving case - do you know that the penalty he was made to pay was Rs 800? That is the penalty under the IPC for drunken and rash driving - and he has killed a few poor people!
And he hasnt even been taken to task properly for that Black Buck case.
I sincerely feel this country has a seriously skewed sense of priorities and justice when it comes to these celeb types and so called influential people!
Look at that fellow (BMW case New Delhi) Nanda's grandmother perjuring herself in court saying that he grandson never drove fast and all that! Isnt it ridiculous to expect people to believe such a fabrication of obvious lies?
The government should not levy the same fine on everyone. Depending on the net worth of the individual committing the offense an appropriate % of his/her annual income should be levied as fine. They are planning to do this in the UK.
Old 18th April 2008, 13:20   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nanda's grandmother perjuring herself in court saying that he grandson never drove fast and all that! Isnt it ridiculous to expect people to believe such a fabrication of obvious lies?
That too, a renowned Admiral's wife, anyway, he and his dad are back behind bars for trying to bribe the income tax commissioner. Hope the charges stick
Old 18th April 2008, 13:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The government should not levy the same fine on everyone. Depending on the net worth of the individual committing the offense an appropriate % of his/her annual income should be levied as fine. They are planning to do this in the UK.
as is India has high crime rates because an unemployed person will either get the crime payoff or a free living. you are reducing their impetus to commit crime. and there's many more poor people in india anyday.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:02   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
The Laura L&K comes with rear curtain bags. Don't think those would have helped the rear passengers. May their souls RIP.
Rear seatbelts might have played a better role, right?

May their souls RIP.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Rear seatbelts might have played a better role, right?
Exacty my point. Airbags are least effective unless they are working in harmony with the seatbelts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks