Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 10:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Do you even know if he's a regular user of that road? We see bullying of this nature almost every day - does it make any sense going in for any vigilante kind of action or is it best ignored since the affected party himself chose to do nothing at that point in time?
But if his details are up then if that car surfaces again and if some TBhpians are in the vicinity of that particular car and the lanky person behind the steering wheel then at least he would be forewarned. And if found in such a situation like that of the Sierra driver he could be prepared.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
But if his details are up then if that car surfaces again and if some TBhpians are in the vicinity of that particular car and the lanky person behind the steering wheel then at least he would be forewarned. And if found in such a situation like that of the Sierra driver he could be prepared.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Lol Sankar, don't make it out to be a bollywood potboiler mate! Its not that the lanky Zen driver is out to break all windscreens in town or something.

And, forwarned or not, in this kind of a situation, my reaction would solely depend on the circumstances prevailing at that moment. On a particular day, I may pin him down, on another day, I may let him off scot free, depends entirely on the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
if found, best would be to buy a can of paint and pour it over his Zen while parked. I remember one of the BHPian did the same on being bullied.

But pls leave a note on why this was done, otherwise he might not understand.
Lol,
Old 28th February 2008, 15:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I mean someone who can do such a thing might have a backing which makes him arrogant.
definitely. road rage, more so in the north are on the rise and most of the people responsible are the ones who have political backing which makes them invincible(they think so). anyone who tries to interrupt is either beaten up or also in cases shot.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol Sankar, don't make it out to be a bollywood potboiler mate! Its not that the lanky Zen driver is out to break all windscreens in town or something.

And, forwarned or not, in this kind of a situation, my reaction would solely depend on the circumstances prevailing at that moment. On a particular day, I may pin him down, on another day, I may let him off scot free, depends entirely on the circumstances.
Hehehe... I'm not making it into any Bollywood climax mate. Who knows if the Zen driver is a deranged soul on a mission breaking all the Tata Sierra windows

If he acts nice and smiles and waves next time (with the full set of fingers) we could safely assume that it was not his fault really and blame his hormones for what was caused.... he could've been in heat... and damn the Sierra which came in between
Old 28th February 2008, 15:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
definitely. road rage, more so in the north are on the rise and most of the people responsible are the ones who have political backing which makes them invincible(they think so). anyone who tries to interrupt is either beaten up or also in cases shot.
Errr, people in the other parts of the country don't have political backing.

On a serious note, it has nothing to do with political backing - you'd be surprised to see how some "average man on the street" types behave here. Don't know if its their genes or just the weather. Lol
Old 28th February 2008, 16:11   #21
BHPian

I don't think it'll be possible to locate the Zen.

BTW, PB11 is a Patiala number. Its the car is based there and was just in Delhi temporarily. The place is about 4-5 hrs driving distance from Delhi
Old 28th February 2008, 17:11   #22
BHPian

road rage is on the rise...

have seen 3 guys on a bike (!) after playing cricket i guess (with the bat in hand) cut into a road without looking right in front of a safari... the safari braked hard and then honked really hard...

these guys wanting to show-off swung the bat at the left side door of the safari... the guy in safari did not think twice... gave a hard knock to the bike who (all 3) went flying on the left side of the road and rolled over twice... the safari just picked up speed and went on his way.... i was 2 vehicles behind the safari and could see the whole incident happen in a few seconds.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm that was road rage at its best buddy. Hope those guys on the bike are safe and also learn a lesson or two
Old 28th February 2008, 18:34   #24
BHPian

There can be other tall lanky guys with specs, who happen to have a PB11 Zen! While it is good to vent out some steam, but it not always advicable to put the heated words/thoughts to action.

That said, in regards to the above case of the 3 guys in the bike, I have no sympathy for them if things happened in the way mentioned. I know the driver should not have reacted the way he did, BUT I understand why he did so, and hence no sympathy to self-styled 'heroes' who lash out at other vehicles for no/wrong reasons.

Hope they cultivate some brains!
Old 28th February 2008, 21:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like a druggie. At least anyone who takes on a Sierra with a Zen must be on something!
Old 28th February 2008, 22:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
... these guys wanting to show-off swung the bat at the left side door of the safari... the guy in safari did not think twice... gave a hard knock to the bike who (all 3) went flying on the left side of the road and rolled over twice... the safari just picked up speed and went on his way.... i was 2 vehicles behind the safari and could see the whole incident happen in a few seconds.
what else to say. being in 3 might have given them a thought that they have the upper hand! Guess their brains just didn't register that if the Safari driver didn't have the skill to stop in time, they would have been in deeper trouble.

Serves them right.
Old 28th February 2008, 22:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Quote:
Errr, people in the other parts of the country don't have political backing.

On a serious note, it has nothing to do with political backing - you'd be surprised to see how some "average man on the street" types behave here. Don't know if its their genes or just the weather. Lol
@suman - you misunderstood me. i said there are more and more cases of road rage in the north than the south, and most of the people involved in the cases in the 'northern part of the country' are the ones with political backing.

was only referring to the people who indulge in road battles up in the north.
Old 28th February 2008, 23:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Taking on a Sierra in a Zen? He has got to be a nut. If that Sierra hadn't braked in time, the Zen could have been crushed to a pulp. Similar to that Safari incident, I witnessed one incident in Orissa when a Sumo nicked a Motorbike ridden by two drunken guys. The guys blocked Sumo's path and swung at the driver. But these two guys got more than they bargained for. The Sumo was full of people ( and all male at that ) who got out and thrashed the duo solidly. One thing is sure. North India seems to have road rage at its worst.
Old 29th February 2008, 08:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Tch, tch..Don't do a Hayden or a Symonds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
One thing is sure. North India seems to have road rage at its worst.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Road rage is the order of the day i suppose, with so many of us witnessing such imbecile behavior. Given the fact that the guy stops square @ him the sierra guy might have done something to tick this zen guy. Still such behavior is totally unwarranted and see the moron hurting himself which he deserved too i suppose.
Broken glass can be replaced and the sierra guy is lucky without being punched much on the face.

Most Viewed