Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 12:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

I would not term it as road rage. Yes, what the bikers did was road rage, but what the Safari guy did was a logical reaction. If I had been in Safari's position, I too would have done the same & wouldn't have cared less if the bikers were safe or not.

Sorry for sounding insensible, but that's the way some of the bikers behave. First of all by triple riding they were at fault and on top of it swinging the bat after cutting in front. Not done at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hmmm that was road rage at its best buddy. Hope those guys on the bike are safe and also learn a lesson or two

Last edited by gd1418 : 29th February 2008 at 12:54.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hmmm that was road rage at its best buddy. Hope those guys on the bike are safe and also learn a lesson or two
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I would not term it as road rage. Yes, what the bikers did was road rage, but what the Safari guy did was a logical reaction. If I had been in Safari's position, I too would have done the same & wouldn't have cared less if the bikers were safe or not.

Sorry for sounding insensible, but that's the way some of the bikers behave. First of all by triple riding they were at fault and on top of it swinging the bat after cutting in front. Not done at all.

I'm a biker myself. And in this case what the bikers did was road rage. Those guys should be thankful because the Safari braked and honked instead of running them over. And to swing the bat at the Safari even though it was no fault of the Safari driver is just asking for it.
Old 29th February 2008, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well agreed that what the bike guys did was absolutely insane and the safari guy was in his senses and thats why he did that to just teach them a lesson or two but was jus concerned of the bikers as i am damn sure that they didnt have helmets on. A small crash also can lead to something going horribly wrong
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:58   #34
BHPian

tall and lanky - breaking sierra window glass - keeps punching - bleeding -

dont worry buddy the guy may have used all his power to punch and break the glass and I feel very sure that he can have more injuries in his wrist, tendons snapped to severe injury wrist drop!!

the sierra guy will have to manage with a broken glass and refix.
Old 3rd March 2008, 09:13   #35
BHPian

Well Said Godzilla!

Well, Jr Godzilla! You have summed it actually up (even your signature is so apt said....).

Its not always a healthy decision to use muscle power and force....At times, it might be the best situation to just AVOID....However, at the same time, one feels that the Sierra should have majorly dented the Zen (rear entry) - to give him a taste of his own medicine. It all depends on the situation.... One must act prudently guys, and above all, BE SAFE......

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
@suman - you misunderstood me. i said there are more and more cases of road rage in the north than the south, and most of the people involved in the cases in the 'northern part of the country' are the ones with political backing.

was only referring to the people who indulge in road battles up in the north.
Yes, you are right.

Once when I was driving down from Surat to Kerala, I happened to see an incident. Two guys in a bike was forced to go off the road by a mini van which was overtaking. The bike guys got back to the road, took an U-turn and went after the min van. Stopped in front the mini van and pulled out the mini van's driver and thrashed him. We were just behind the mini van when the incident took place.

We saw these bike guys goinf off the road and then I could see them taking an U-turn and coming after the mini van. So I knew what was in store and let them go past us and then the next thing what we saw was the thrashing.

People are so hot tempered they forget what they are doing. The bike guys could have met with an accident while chasing the mini van or when stopping in front of the van.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:36   #37
BHPian

I wouldn't say that its road rage, but i would say temporary loss of sanity, maybe the carbon dioxide content in the car gets to their head.

The other day I was traveling in my 800 down the Delhi Gurgaon highway and this Tavera was following me close behind. I was doing easy 80+(hard to do lesser than that on the highway). So I let the Tavera go and all of a sudden it comes onto my lane and starts braking and slowing down hard, despite there being empty stretches ahead. So I downshifted and changed my lanes using my blinkers, but this guy came onto that lane and started doing his jaunts again, by this time I was getting pissed off, so I decided to pass him in the next lane, so without blinkers, I changed to next lane and was just passing when he decided to come onto my lane, this time I was determined. My front bumper was parallel to his rear bumper. So when I saw him coming on, I din't slow down, and we mus have been doing 90, and I nudged him with my bumper on his side, this must have made him realise that I wouldn't take his games lightly. As soon as he felt the nudge he left my lane and allowed me to go through. What freaking ******* . Just because he thought he had a bigger vehicle he could push me around.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:42   #38
BHPian

krazydriver84 @ what you are doing is even more dangerous to other road users = caught unaware, the driver of the tavera, yourself and many who will be related indirectly due to some unfortunate mishap.

""My front bumper was parallel to his rear bumper. So when I saw him coming on, I din't slow down, and we mus have been doing 90, and I nudged him with my bumper on his side""
this is very dangerous, as if this nudge is a bit hard you could make the tavera turn towards YOU SIDEWAYS in your driving path -- rather than towards the left as you would think should happen.

take care pal its easy to loose patience for most humans (these days) and get into a fight or race.
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
krazydriver84 @ what you are doing is even more dangerous to other road users = caught unaware, the driver of the tavera, yourself and many who will be related indirectly due to some unfortunate mishap.

""My front bumper was parallel to his rear bumper. So when I saw him coming on, I din't slow down, and we mus have been doing 90, and I nudged him with my bumper on his side""
this is very dangerous, as if this nudge is a bit hard you could make the tavera turn towards YOU SIDEWAYS in your driving path -- rather than towards the left as you would think should happen.

take care pal its easy to loose patience for most humans (these days) and get into a fight or race.
Jr Godizalla, You said it right. This is exactly what I also thought. A slight nudge with a heavier vehicle can cause immense velocity to your vehicle at such high speeds.

So please be very careful when you do such maneuvers.
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:42   #40
BHPian

I promise to be more careful

Thanks guys.
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
The other day I was traveling in my 800 down the Delhi Gurgaon highway and this Tavera was following me close behind. I was doing easy 80+(hard to do lesser than that on the highway). So I let the Tavera go and all of a sudden it comes onto my lane and starts braking and slowing down hard, despite there being empty stretches ahead. So I downshifted and changed my lanes using my blinkers, but this guy came onto that lane and started doing his jaunts again, by this time I was getting pissed off, so I decided to pass him in the next lane, so without blinkers, I changed to next lane and was just passing when he decided to come onto my lane, this time I was determined.
krazydriver84, were you by any chance hugging the rightmost lane at 80 kmph, with the stretch on the left empty?
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
krazydriver84, were you by any chance hugging the rightmost lane at 80 kmph, with the stretch on the left empty?
Which day were you talking about?

And anyways my 800 has Team BHp decals at the rear windshield. Was it that 800 which you saw, then it was me.
Old 3rd March 2008, 19:39   #43
BHPian

I guess he wants to know, if you were driving at the speed of 80km/hr in the right lane, where maximum permissible is 100km/hr and left side lane empty?
Old 4th March 2008, 08:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I guess he wants to know, if you were driving at the speed of 80km/hr in the right lane, where maximum permissible is 100km/hr and left side lane empty?
A couple of rules i follow for lane driving: If i am driving around 100 & above then extreme left, otherwise I just stick to the middle lanes. So if he saw me in the right lane, I wouldn't be doing 80, definitely.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:42   #45
BHPian

You drive at 100km/hr++ in the left lane, where most of the slow moving traffic like two wheelers, buses and trucks move.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks