Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 11:08   #1
BHPian

Kindly help in locating a rashly driven Zen !

The other day I was going down Mehrauli Gurgaon Road from Gurgaon to Delhi in the evening when I see this Gold colour Maruti Zen (the new model) being driven very dangerously. He was incessantly using the horn, cutting right, left frantically wherever he could squeeze his car into. He almost hit a labourer and his kid (working for the Metro) when were they were trying to cross the road. And he just does not stop honking....

After that listen what happens.....There was a Tata Sierra in front of him and he is continuously honking....Sierra is a big vehicle and by the time he could move to one side, this Zen cuts from his left, swerves in front of him and stops. A tall lanky bespecatled fellow comes out of the driver's seat and accosts the Sierra driver. As if he was determined to start a fist fight, he breaks the window glass of the driver and tries to land a few punches on the driver. However, the driver is agile and manages to avoid the punches aimed at his face - but he could not get out...By now, a few other vehicles have stopped and the bully realises he is in trouble....Also, he has smashed his hand with the impact (he had broken the glass with his fist - fool) and is by now profusely bleeding (serves him right).....
He quickly gets into his car and speeds away.

I feel sorry for the driver of the Sierra who has his glass broken and was not able to do anything - I could certainly see that he was trying to avoid a fist-fight right from the beginning but the rogue was pre-determined....
However, the Zen was a PB 11 _______ registeration, gold coloured new model Zen and the guy was a tall fair guy with curly hair and wore glasses.

I urge members of Team BHP if they know some such guy with a Gold coloured new Zen having a PB 11 (Patiala) registration, please let us know here.....Maybe we can give him a piece of his mind....

Guys, please help.......
Old 27th February 2008, 12:19   #2
BHPian

mmmm........ If i was in Sierra i would have got down took a brick and break the glass of zen and start, go to workshop to fix my glass. Nothing is gonna happen to you if you do this. "An eye for an eye isn't a bad deal"
Old 27th February 2008, 14:53   #3
BHPian

Yeah...

Even I think so....The Sierra guy should have given it back to him, but he did not get a chance to react - It was all over in about 2 minutes.

The Sierra guy seemed to be taken aback with his reaction and by the time he realised what he had to, it was all over and the guy had taken off....

A very sad incident.......
Old 27th February 2008, 17:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

why didnt the Sierra guy just ram the dam zen down!

A guys breaks you vehicle glass, punches you and gets away! What the hell!!!
Old 27th February 2008, 17:36   #5
BHPian

I think you can't do much about such things.We also have to keep a cool head(The other way may be our basic instinct).Complain to police and follow it up properly.There is 50% chance they will do some thing.
I mostly yield to rash drivers even though that is not the right thing to do.But if we do eye for an eye we will not qualify to be called "civilised".
But wat asejwal did now is right.If some Team-BHP member can locate him and put a complain across him and make sure he is spotted and punished!..Oh god to many if and buts .He may "improve"
Old 27th February 2008, 18:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
However, the Zen was a PB 11 _______ registeration, gold coloured new model Zen and the guy was a tall fair guy with curly hair and wore glasses.
Why don't you put down the full registration number if you know? Registration numbers of such criminals needn't be hidden.

There might be other gold PB11 Zens out there.
Old 28th February 2008, 09:17   #7
BHPian

I do not have the complete number.....

Sankar,

If it was possible, I would have not just noted down the complete registration number but would also have gone to the rescue of the Sierra too.....But at about 6.15-6.30pm, this stretch from Gurgaon to Delhi is in a traffic mess....I was not able to note the complete registration number.....You guys are right when you say that there may be other gold colored Zens around with a PB 11 registration....But I have given the description of the guy as well. Also, a PB 11 registration, gold color, new model Zen, doing the rounds in Delhi on MG road.....there are slim chances that there are going to be very many around.....

I see no one from Delhi or the NCR region seems to be bothered....All replies to my posts are from down south.....Strange!!!
Old 28th February 2008, 09:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see no one from Delhi or the NCR region seems to be bothered....All replies to my posts are from down south.....Strange!!!
Even if people identify such a car & in the remotest case of the car being the same as mentioned by you, what do you expect them to do? grab the driver out & provide justice??
Old 28th February 2008, 09:41   #9
BHPian

Should it not be done!?!

Yes, that's my idea....But what do you think?
Is it not something that guy deserves...every bit of it!?!
He should be given a piece of his mind so that the next time he, at least, behaves sane.....
Old 28th February 2008, 09:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

What if that guys is a big goon & he takes out gun or some weapon & does harm to the member?

Will you take the responsibility is such case ?

I mean someone who can do such a thing might have a backing which makes him arrogant.
Old 28th February 2008, 09:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
why didnt the Sierra guy just ram the dam zen down!

A guys breaks you vehicle glass, punches you and gets away! What the hell!!!
Exactly.Goon or no goon.A sierra is a Sierra and a zen is a zen.Should have rammed him from behind.
This is like British ruling over india and we folding our hands and lookin the other way.Not happening.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:12   #12
BHPian

You are right...

Technocrat,

I respect your views but then what to do in such a situation.......And I am not asking any member to accost him. On the other hand, I only want any member to post the details of such a person if anyone knows him.....

You see, when something like this happens in front of you, you are shaken and something like this may happen someday to you also...You might be a victim some day....then what are you going to do.....

And I feel you should not be afraid of anyone; like you say - 'he must be having a backing, so he's arrogant'. Har ser ke upar koi sava ser zaroor hota hai....

I know nothing can be done and there are remote chances that this guy can now be located but we should all come together and try and help each other out of such situations. What say you....

Also if someone can come out with suggestions-what to do if you are faced with such a bully. What would be the right thing to do if you were in the Sierra....
Old 28th February 2008, 10:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Nothing strange about it buddy, I for one haven't seen the Zen yet. Given the volume of traffic on that road, its like looking for a needle in a haystack if you ask me - nonetheless, we will persevere. Do let us know what exactly you want us to do with him if/when we find him though.

Do you even know if he's a regular user of that road? We see bullying of this nature almost every day - does it make any sense going in for any vigilante kind of action or is it best ignored since the affected party himself chose to do nothing at that point in time?

Last edited by suman : 28th February 2008 at 10:19.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:24   #14
BHPian

I m happy Suman...

I m happy Suman, at least someone responded.....Yes, you are right it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't even know if he's a regular user of the road. But if somehow we are able to locate him, I am going to beat the pulp out of him.....
Or at least learn from this incident....And tomorrow if faced with such a situation, do not panic or avoid, but give it back to him in his face....
Old 28th February 2008, 10:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Vigilante!! huh!

if found, best would be to buy a can of paint and pour it over his Zen while parked. I remember one of the BHPian did the same on being bullied.

But pls leave a note on why this was done, otherwise he might not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Even if people identify such a car & in the remotest case of the car being the same as mentioned by you, what do you expect them to do? grab the driver out & provide justice??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks