Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 14:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

...... so we sat at the ground near the sanjeevaiah park mmts, the empty patch where learners learn the driving, right opposite to the PV Narshima rao's cemetery. And from then on stopped going there.
That spot has a foul stench for the past year or so. Wonder why it is specific to that locale.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That spot has a foul stench for the past year or so. Wonder why it is specific to that locale.
People urinating in the open?

Back to the topic, my roomie nearly got struck down by a crazily speeding Qualis once on Necklace road. I pulled him back, else he wouldnt have been around to tell the tale.
Old 12th March 2008, 15:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
People urinating in the open?
Nope, I guess it is the stench from the weeds on the lake. It used to pervade all the way to my earlier rented flat off the airport road near Rahul Bajaj.
What puzzles me is why does it stink mostly in that part of the lake?
Old 12th March 2008, 15:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, well, speeding on necklace road is nothing new. Hyderabad has got such few roads ( necklace road, kbr park road, tank bund) to rev up the engine. Now all these roads, except probably kbr park road has become death-traps. I am told there is at least one death due to high speed driving on tank bund daily and several crashes and probably death too on necklace road. Haven't heard any such thing on KBR road yet.

I too speed on these roads but never cross a respectable 110kmph ensure it is not in a haywire and maniac style like swerving and swaying and keep away ( or rather give way) to morons who seem hell bound on taking a ticket to hell.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:58   #20
BHPian

Some of those get covered up well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, well, speeding on necklace road is nothing new. Hyderabad has got such few roads ( necklace road, kbr park road, tank bund) to rev up the engine. Now all these roads, except probably kbr park road has become death-traps. I am told there is at least one death due to high speed driving on tank bund daily and several crashes and probably death too on necklace road. Haven't heard any such thing on KBR road yet.

I too speed on these roads but never cross a respectable 110kmph ensure it is not in a haywire and maniac style like swerving and swaying and keep away ( or rather give way) to morons who seem hell bound on taking a ticket to hell.
I heard the KBR park accidents get covered up well since most of the drivers causing them are neo-rich.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:32   #21
BHPian

I relate to most of the post about necklace road, KBR park, Medchal raod... its always in groups who ensure people never want to mess with....

As Himanshu had his experinces, similar was with me on necklace road just around sanjeevaiah park and on medchal road....( here bikers)

I have sure heard about some folks around j hills doing soem driftings in skoda, and saw a car lancer just out of Fast and Furious the green one ......

While some are mear show others are reckless and only few end up and passions in control...
Old 13th March 2008, 23:33   #22
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
When I met Leonarda di caprio
Nice one bblost!! Of late, Medchal road is also becoming a danger zone, what with a freshly carpetted stretch of road extending right from Suchitra onwards to Kompally Junction. With many engineering colleges in the vicinity, lots of college kids on their zma's rip along with abandon. With heavy truck traffic on these routes.. it is a horrific accident waiting to happen!
Old 14th March 2008, 00:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

when you come from eat street side towards sanjeevaiah park just before you reach the ground it stinks because of that canal below the bridge, after you cross that canal there no more stitch, Its an open ground where people play, learn to drive, do stunts etc.

Most Viewed