Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 15:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Clash of Indicas in a Tech Park !

I Just finished my lunch and went out for the routine walk around my office campus, in Manyata Tech Park, Nagavara, Bangalore at around 1300 Hrs today and this happened in front on my eyes. Both the Indicas involved have sustained severe damage .

The low quality images frommy Nokia 6300 is regretted

On the IndiCab the B pillar is bent and the two doors were jammed , the other Indica seems to be leaking raditor fluid and the headlamp assembly is pushed far into the engine bay. It is surprising because the Indica guy has got a prominent "L" struck on his window and he did promptly jump of his car and start bad mouthing the cab guy who in this case ( which is very rare ) was innocent. I did not stay longer to see what happend later but when i left about five minutes after the incident seemed like a small fight was starting up ...

The scene is barely 500 meters for any of the offices in the tech park , and is less than 100 m from the last speed breakers that both guys would have cleared. Why cant people have the patince to go slow atleast here. and when there is substantial human and vehicular movement on the road , that too inside a tech park !

This reminds me of the boards put up by the kerala highway department which said "better to be Mr. Late and the late Mr"
Attached Thumbnails
Clash of Indicas in a Tech Park !-image012-1200-x-900.jpg  

Clash of Indicas in a Tech Park !-image013-1200-x-900.jpg  

Last edited by hellstar : 12th March 2008 at 15:53. Reason: Correcting some stupid typos
Old 12th March 2008, 15:58   #2
BHPian

That's a very prompt post, hellstar.
Sad to see that people can't drive reasonably even in office premises
Old 15th March 2008, 15:14   #3
BHPian

People have no "RIGHT" to drive fast at a Private Property.

Yes i mean - "RIGHT"

Rules can be inforced by the companies if required.
Old 15th March 2008, 18:59   #4
BANNED

Surprising that the indicab was being foul mouthed. It is very obvious that the "last opportunity" to avoid the crash was in the guy whose head lamps are damaged. There is no way a vehicle can move sideways - even if he can forsee somebody going to crash into his B pillar.
Old 17th March 2008, 07:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
People have no "RIGHT" to drive fast at a Private Property.

Yes i mean - "RIGHT"
Agree completely as long as the " RIGHT " is excercised without infringing on the safety of other user, also note that the " Private Property " is not a speed way but has a notified speed limit of about 30 KMPH

I also completely agree if the " Private property " was " Private " to the people who drive fast , but here thats not the case . I understand if you have a 1 Kms long driveway from the gate to your home and you hit 3 digit speeds on that , but this is within a tech park where people commute to for the purpose of making a living !
Old 17th March 2008, 08:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Surprising that the indicab was being foul mouthed. It is very obvious that the "last opportunity" to avoid the crash was in the guy whose head lamps are damaged. There is no way a vehicle can move sideways - even if he can forsee somebody going to crash into his B pillar.
I guess that on any 'Private' road, the tables are turned.

The exec has all the support in this situation... If this had happened on a public road, regardless of whose fault it was, the indica ownwer would have got ****.
Old 18th March 2008, 08:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
The exec has all the support in this situation... If this had happened on a public road, regardless of whose fault it was, the indica ownwer would have got ****.

That would have happened for sure , and be sure that the results would have been disastrous

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks