Team-BHP - The Cheating Auto Drivers of Bangalore. Be careful even with digital meters!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   The Cheating Auto Drivers of Bangalore. Be careful even with digital meters! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/37502-cheating-auto-drivers-bangalore-careful-even-digital-meters-5.html)

Quote:

lohithrao : ... i have hardly found any ric guy agreeing to come to marathalli from egl!!!
Suggest you walk back to Airport Road from EGL, and then hire a rick from there.

@nirmalts, I dont think you have start afresh from the minimum charge after you touch 99.50. I have been through the reset process, but have paid only a nominal amount (Rs 2-3) for the distances travelled after the reset.

Reg taking auto's with the digital meters - remember they are often more susceptible to tampering than analogue meters ! Key-word - Indicator.

PatchyBoy, it was quite refreshing reading about your experience with the auto guy.
Such people are a rarity these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 775509)
@Patchyboy, that was one rare honest auto guy. May his tribe increase.

OTOH, is Manipal Motors on Airport Rd 25km away from KSL ? (Delmia to airport is 12, max 13km).

Kumar Swamy Layout-Airport Road is not 25Kms.
It's hardly 15-17kms

I generally ask the auto guy to cut the meter when it approaches 90. Tell them otherwise, we might miss it at 99 and you will be paying "less" than what might have been the distance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyBoy (Post 775445)
....Needless to say, we took the guy's mobile number and since then he has been my wife's favourite Auto guy to go out shopping when I am not able to take her in my car....

Rajan
Why do n't you share the auto guy's number? Even I will become his regular customer and can recommend for my friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorebuddy (Post 777836)
Rajan
Why do n't you share the auto guy's number? Even I will become his regular customer and can recommend for my friends.

Good point. Guys lets reward such auto guys. I have been thinking of starting an auto guys feedback blog/or a thread here where we can share the mobile numbers of such good auto guys (based on good experiences and after asking them of course).This way a lot of us can avoid unpleasant experiences and at the sametime give a reason for more guys to start behaving.

What say ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 779103)
Good point. Guys lets reward such auto guys. I have been thinking of starting an auto guys feedback blog/or a thread here where we can share the mobile numbers of such good auto guys (based on good experiences and after asking them of course).This way a lot of us can avoid unpleasant experiences and at the sametime give a reason for more guys to start behaving.

What say ??

Good idea. Completely agree. Even we can share the cab guys who are providing good service to their customers.

Awaiting for the days when the Cab & Auto has a sticker that reads like this...
"Recommended by Team-BHP" clap:

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that have absolutely no value-add to the topic are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmalts (Post 773637)
...I called up RTO BDA complex Koramangala to give a complaint. But they said they accept only written complaints. Also the auto belongs to Indiranagar RTO. So I have to go there to place a complaint. I dont know if I will manage to do this. The auto guys know that people will not bother take pains to register complaints and hence they try to cheat us in all ways possible....

If you have auto's vehicle regn. number mail a complaint to dcptrafficeast@gmail.com. I did that once and it worked for me. But that was a year ago. Good luck.

Totally agree that these auto guys esp in KR Puram area take people for ride.

Balaji

Pls share number of this autoguy for all bangalorians

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyBoy (Post 775445)

He then manages to take us to Airport road without incidents. When we get off, I offer him Rs.250 and tell him to get his son the guide. He politely refuses, saying " I will work and educate my son Sir. Please pay me Rs.150. You already paid Rs.50 and we agreed for Rs.200".

Needless to say, we took the guy's mobile number and since then he has been my wife's favourite Auto guy to go out shopping when I am not able to take her in my car....

Guys,

The auto driver's name is Kumar. His number is +919980775899. He has a regular customer and is engaged between 8 am and 10 am.

Thanks for the support guys,

Cheers,

Rajan

Why should the meter be reset after Rs.99.50? If it cannot show 100 then it probably starts at 0. What the heck, it would be 100 + whatever it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyself (Post 791025)
Why should the meter be reset after Rs.99.50? If it cannot show 100 then it probably starts at 0. What the heck, it would be 100 + whatever it is.

From the discussion I feel analog auto meters will not go to 0 after 99.50. I dont think it will go to 14 (the minimum) either after 99.50 (if it was the case, he neednt reset it). Probably it gets stuck at 99.50???? Can anyone who has travelled more than 99.50 confirm this?

Nirmal

I'm holidaying here in bangy and didnt drive down this time due to the bad goa bangy roads. thus i have had to use public transportation to get around. I hate the auto guys for their behaviour, exhaust noise, exhorbitant fares etc. So me and wifey started to use the bus service. after initial hiccups, language especially, and some time 2-3 days, we are getting used to it and find it OK and a better alternative to autos. BUT one has to have the patience and time and the knowledge of what routes to take etc. Have found that the passengers of the busses are really helpful. condutors have a language problem.
So if u have the time take the bus.