Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Mr.NRI, Would you wipe off saliva from your windshield and window panel when they spit on it if you don't pay? ..........................You have another solution?
LOL, nitrous, you cracked me up.

See them in the Kerala->Chennai trains too - usually near Katpadi / Arakkonam, in the mornings. I hate paying them and also want to avoid a confrontation with a group of them. So, just act as if I am sleeping - has worked till date.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
If you have any other solution to keep them from my car(Im a Team-BHPian,remember),please let me know.
Thats the problem. Paying to have your space which is rightfully yours in the first place. Or maybe it's the fear or embarrassment that's driving you to pay them.

Btw i'm sitting in front of a computer and typing. And have had the guts to refuse to pay them in the real world too. I'm a Teambhpian too.

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd April 2008 at 15:19.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:33   #63
BANNED

LOL, we were travelling in the Karnataka Express to Delhi to play a Ranji trophy match. I was fast asleep and was rudely awakened by a Hijra shaking my ***** vigourously. All the other members in the team had a good laugh. Damn "it" scared the wits out of me.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would you wipe off saliva from your windshield and window panel when they spit on it if you don't pay?
Nitrous, what would you do if I came near your car and spit on it? Would you pay me up? Nah.. You'll probably bash my head in, despite being the gentle giant that you are. So we are just demanding equal treatment for all without any discrimination.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:41   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
See them in the Kerala->Chennai trains too - usually near Katpadi / Arakkonam, in the mornings. I hate paying them and also want to avoid a confrontation with a group of them. So, just act as if I am sleeping - has worked till date.
That has worked for me as well. And usually i sleep on the Upper Berth, face down.

EDIT : Jassi, if someone spits on the wondscreen its fine.. you always have the wiper to clean it.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd April 2008 at 15:45.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:42   #66
BHPian

there was one again today at the sonyworld junction at kormangla - and i remembered this thread and decided to not pay the 5 rs of change that I had. It seems my car was not in the predetermined path so i wasn't even approached.

Fortunately for me guys the car is washed every morning by the society pappu as of now, but imagine if you clean the car yourself and someone spits on the windscreen
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
LOL, nitrous, you cracked me up.

Nitrous cracked me up with this one.

Quote:
Worst case, they hold and feel your testicles.(This has happened to me,years back)
Guess he is in a cracking good mood today
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:53   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Watch what you give !

Quote:
the best solution is to pay the 5rs/10rs and get done with it.
For those who want to pay & get done with it, my question is : Why are you paying so much ? Paying them 10/- is only encouraging these guys, making them bolder at it. Imagine - 10/- a person, and all they need to do is get 20-30 people to give them and possibly their day is done.

And for what ? Some one's high here, some one's kicks there ?

Worse, they stop accepting anything lesser. I have seen these people & their ilk on the streets who literally throw the money back at you when you give them anything less than 5.

If you guys want to pay, pls limit the amount. It's not that you can spare that much - only, think of the after effects of what you are doing. If you really want to give, then give it to organizations like the one Esteem_Lover mentioned. It would be put to better use by those guys, for the more deserving of the lot.

Last edited by condor : 2nd April 2008 at 15:54.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:04   #69
LLL
BHPian

Guys you are talking of 5-10 bucks which is not a big deal. If you happen to get married or have a baby, they will come asking for 51000 rs. Deal with that.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:07   #70
BHPian

ya wipers on the windscreen but not on the window glass - i remember that day I didn't roll down my window all day left it as it was so that next day it gets cleaned by the cleaning papplu
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:22   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
LLL : Guys you are talking of 5-10 bucks which is not a big deal. If you happen to get married or have a baby, they will come asking for 51000 rs. Deal with that.
And keep giving these people with a free hand - soon the 51K will be nothing.

If you dont want to things go out of hand :
* Dont give - roll up your windows, ignore them, dont acknowledge their presence.
* Limit what what you give - 5 bucks max.
* Give to an organization.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

the 5 rs seems to be the min limit. i have had an experience where 2rs was given and was asked again!

not that I am happy with this nor that they should be encourage. but, if you plan to give, give something that will keep them off you.

fortunately for us in south we do not have too much of a disturbance during wedding / births. once in delhi, i have seen a group come down in an omni to a wedding house (neighbouring house) and demanding 11k (yeah 11k!). They just squatted in the middle of the house!
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:29   #73
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
during wedding / births. once in delhi, i have seen a group come down in an omni to a wedding house (neighbouring house) and demanding 11k (yeah 11k!). They just squatted in the middle of the house!
thats what pisses me off. they earn enough per day..they own cars, employ drivers, cooks, servants and strongmen. they have a wide network of informers who will inform them of births and marriages. And that 11k must have been years ago.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:37   #74
BHPian

What a topic to discuss. Hey it pinches almost all of us here in Mumbai for sure though no such problem in Dubai. Sometimes, to avoid the haggling, dirty looks they give and constant knowcking on the window and finally obscenities they hurl, I play the music loud enough and keep praying that the signal turns green asap.

Its sometimes so annoying and irritating that I feel like running the car over them . But thats not to happen and hence, a coin or two does the trick. Pay and live in peace. They are not worse than many traffic cops afterall.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:38   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
... And that 11k must have been years ago.
2006 sep to be exact!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks