Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 05:11   #31
BHPian

Well on that note, legality apart (i.e. for sake of academic discussion), do the interceptor detector car gadgets that are available in the U.S. work with our interceptors?
Old 5th April 2008, 09:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Well on that note, legality apart (i.e. for sake of academic discussion), do the interceptor detector car gadgets that are available in the U.S. work with our interceptors?
I have a radar detector installed in my car. In Mumbai, not too many Radar gun wielding police. So it has not beeped yet.
Old 5th April 2008, 10:54   #33
BHPian

Yes I agree that there seems to be some speed check drive happening by Delhi Police. Last wednesday on a single stretch from Malviya Nagar to Shastri Park and that too at around 9:30 in the morning - I encountered radar setup at 3 places

a) Panchsheel Flyover ( In my last 10 years of stay in Delhi - this is the first time I have seen speed checking happening here )

b) RajGhat - This is Delhi Traffic Police's favourite hotspot - just that the direction keeps on changing

c) On the road between Shahadra flyover to Shastri Park - and as someone correctly mentioned atleast there I saw some over enthusiastic traffic cops charging on to middle of the road to stop the violators

Luckily - I was not driving myself ( it was the driver ) - otherwise i was later pondering that today there would have definitely been a challan on my name.....
Old 5th April 2008, 12:16   #34
BHPian

Today found another spot: Flyover on Mathura Road near Apollo Hospital. Again 3-4 cars stopped with every batch of cars going through. (The speed limit there though I think is 60kmph).

Panscheel flyover?! **** - that's right near my house. Time to buy a bicycle.
Old 6th April 2008, 23:37   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have a radar detector installed in my car. In Mumbai, not too many Radar gun wielding police. So it has not beeped yet.
I think all the new interceptors with camera's are laser.
They aim at your numberplate and get you from 1km away.
You can even get a nice photo of your numberplace if you request for it.
So radar detectors are useless against this, even if you have laser, you are toast by the time you react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Today found another spot: Flyover on Mathura Road near Apollo Hospital. Again 3-4 cars stopped with every batch of cars going through. (The speed limit there though I think is 60kmph).

Panscheel flyover?! **** - that's right near my house. Time to buy a bicycle.
The speed limit is 50kmph on all delhi roads except for Toll ways.
And if possible can you give me Latitude and Longitude of the location. Approx will do. You can take help from google earth

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th April 2008 at 23:40.
Old 6th April 2008, 23:47   #36
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys i've heard from a lot of people that if your headlights are on then the Camera doesn't really capture ur numberplate so the cops dont challan you. is this really true ?
Old 6th April 2008, 23:54   #37
Team-BHP Support

I think its time to buy that something that you spray on your number plate making it difficult to take its photo.

Someone find that thread please !!
Old 7th April 2008, 00:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ Ishaan you were doing 170 in a 50 zone??? How much did you pay!! I guess in this case the car gets impounded!!!
Old 7th April 2008, 09:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I assumed that speed limit is 80 kmph in all highways in city. Think that I have seen 80 kmph limit board in Western and Eastern highways (in Bombay)
Please check the speed limit boards again. The speed limit on Eastern Express Highway is clearly posted as being 60 kmph. I guess similar one exists for the Western Express highway. Also the speed limit for the flyovers on Tulsi Pipe Road (near phoneix mills) is 50 kmph.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:32   #40
BHPian

How much of sun film is allowed now a days in delhi ? Last year traffic cops did a massive drive to weed out sun films.
Old 7th April 2008, 23:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

That was due to a funny judgement delivered by a (un) learned Judge, which was after sometime reversed by his more learned brother judges. The sun-film allowed is with 70% visibility. Garware, Llummar and 3M are some of the brands that comply with htis stipulation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
How much of sun film is allowed now a days in delhi ? Last year traffic cops did a massive drive to weed out sun films.
Old 4th June 2008, 10:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

A lighter pocket!

A new spot - coming from Gurgaon, on MG Road, just after the border & before the curve leading up to the red light (where you have the airforce thingy on your right). A place where you wouldn't be speeding like crazy but chances are you'd be above the limit. I was

This morning at around 8.45. Buggers were hiding behind a bush on the central divider so by the time I saw a crowd about 400 meters ahead, it was too late! 68 kmph. Did request him to let me go but there were about 10 or more call center guys who were hanging around waiting to pounce on him if he let anyone go.

So, paid Rs 400 & continued on my way. Beginning of the month, LOL, gotta be careful for the next few days before they move on. So watch out guys, those of you who follow this route....
Old 4th June 2008, 23:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

I passed them around 7:45 am this morning and saw them with camera equipped Interceptor. Fortunately I was driving slow enjoying the morning fresh air so got through, but saw a lot of call centre cabs caught.

Never saw them there in my 4 years of stay in GGN. Have to be careful now, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
A new spot - coming from Gurgaon, on MG Road, just after the border & before the curve leading up to the red light (where you have the airforce thingy on your right). A place where you wouldn't be speeding like crazy but chances are you'd be above the limit. I was

This morning at around 8.45. Buggers were hiding behind a bush on the central divider so by the time I saw a crowd about 400 meters ahead, it was too late! 68 kmph. Did request him to let me go but there were about 10 or more call center guys who were hanging around waiting to pounce on him if he let anyone go.

So, paid Rs 400 & continued on my way. Beginning of the month, LOL, gotta be careful for the next few days before they move on. So watch out guys, those of you who follow this route....
Old 5th June 2008, 13:29   #44
BHPian

the latest trick they have is they place a traffic cop inside a PCR and pull u over for talking on your cell or seatbelt and stuff like that you can see these pcr's regularly between Moolchand and the dnd
Old 5th June 2008, 13:42   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the latest trick they have is they place a traffic cop inside a PCR and pull u over for talking on your cell or seatbelt and stuff like that you can see these pcr's regularly between Moolchand and the dnd
How is this a trick?

If someone is breaking the law as in talking on a mobile or not wearing seat belts the driver must be pulled over and fined.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks