Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 13:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
How is this a trick?

If someone is breaking the law as in talking on a mobile or not wearing seat belts the driver must be pulled over and fined.
JEEZ RELAX you talk as if you have never broken any rule, do you always drive in your lane ? always give the turn signal while changing lanes ?always give right of way?

Trick as in you dont expect to be challanged if you are smooking in your own car and being pulled over by a pcr and then being let go fot a 100 rs
Old 5th June 2008, 13:58   #47
Team-BHP Support

You are saying that it is a trick the police are employing.
I am saying that they are doing their job.

I don't like anyone commenting on my road manners.
Please refrain from doing so.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

5-10% variation can be successfully defended - as equipment tolerance - in any court of law. The cops know it very well themselves!

It can be argued (and successfully I may add) that @ 50kmph a 10% tolerance is acceptable because no speedo is calibrated to /or retains that degree of accuracy. The laser/radar equipment also has tolerances and might need periodic calibration as well (I don't know about the new ones). This is both accepted and practiced worldwide by almost all enforcement agencies.

The cops hate having to go to court as much as we do! They lose more than time when they do that!

Last edited by kb100 : 5th June 2008 at 15:12.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
5-10% variation can be successfully defended - as equipment tolerance - in any court of law. The cops know it very well themselves!
True, the limit is 50 & they weren't bothering to stop anyone who was around 55, however, at 68, mine was a little too far up to be defended

Last edited by suman : 5th June 2008 at 15:12.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is this a trick?

If someone is breaking the law as in talking on a mobile or not wearing seat belts the driver must be pulled over and fined.
I agree. Cell phone talkers are the worst lot. They drive slow and sway from side to side, without even being aware of it.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:24   #51
Team-BHP Support

I have been challaned at 82kmph, and cops were also stopping people at 81kmph and challaning.
Delhi cops have no sense of ethics and traffic police is intended for revenue generation. So if they stop a DL numbered car they know that coming to court is not very difficult for this person, but for out of state vehicles they challan even at 51kmph.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
You are saying that it is a trick the police are employing.
I am saying that they are doing their job.

I don't like anyone commenting on my road manners.
Please refrain from doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have been challaned at 82kmph, and cops were also stopping people at 81kmph and challaning.
Delhi cops have no sense of ethics and traffic police is intended for revenue generation. So if they stop a DL numbered car they know that coming to court is not very difficult for this person, but for out of state vehicles they challan even at 51kmph.
HEY BB
this is exactly what i was referring to the UNETHICAL practices
and with the new Health minister banning smoking everwhere i'd like to enjoy one while i drive and who are you to say that i am not a safe driver or i dont obey the rules.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Samurai : 5th June 2008 at 15:55. Reason: bad language
whatcanthisbe is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2008, 15:54   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the latest trick they have is they place a traffic cop inside a PCR and pull u over for talking on your cell or seatbelt and stuff like that you can see these pcr's regularly between Moolchand and the dnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
JEEZ RELAX you talk as if you have never broken any rule, do you always drive in your lane ? always give the turn signal while changing lanes ?always give right of way?

Trick as in you dont expect to be challanged if you are smooking in your own car and being pulled over by a pcr and then being let go fot a 100 rs

NO this is not what you were reffering too.
You were referring to the police pulling a trick on you by stopping you for not wearing a seatbelt or talking on the mobile phone.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Give the police men their due.
They are doing their job and you seem to get angry that they are doing it.

Last edited by GTO : 5th June 2008 at 16:17. Reason: foul language
bblost is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks