Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 19:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Do you have to get acknowledgement from the police station in the limits of the accident venue?
yes accident spot should fall under the police station limits of the station to get the acknowledgment.
Old 6th April 2008, 22:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hemanth..
Nothing to worry. No need of involving the police in this..IMO Advaith Hyundai will take care of it.
They will get everything sorted out with the insurance ppl but dont allow them to do anything. Just keep a tab on what all work is going to be done.
Old 6th April 2008, 22:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

I am not 100% sure about the figure but AFAIK if the claim amount goes beyond 25000 then a police complaint may be needed. Again, there may be no thumb rule on this one but generally the insurance companies seek a police complaint copy for claims higher than 25000.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am not 100% sure about the figure but AFAIK if the claim amount goes beyond 25000 then a police complaint may be needed. Again, there may be no thumb rule on this one but generally the insurance companies seek a police complaint copy for claims higher than 25000.

My accent had an accident (absolutely no fault of mine) earlier this month. As a result I had to get the rear right door and quarter panel replaced (along with the tail lamp assembly). The total damage was 30K. I got 21K insurance and had to shell out 9k from my hand.
The basavanagudi police station cops were very helpful. All I needed was a complaint from the police station (no FIR required). I claimed own damage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks