Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 23:06   #1
BHPian

getz met with an accident, need help

hi guys my beloved getz has met with an accident. a stupid sand truck driver rammed the stationary car from behind and there is extensive damage to the rear of the car. i was not able to collect any money from him, and going to advaith tomorrow for the repairs. my question is regarding the insurance claims. do i need to file a police report for this? my insurance provider is bajaj allianz. i was wary about going to the cops as they try and harass you more. this is a bit urgent guys as i am going for repairs tomorrow.

thanks in advance.

hemanth
Old 5th April 2008, 23:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hemanth!!
Really sorry to hear that.
Can u please tell us more about the damage?
Old 5th April 2008, 23:17   #3
BHPian

AFAIK, you do not need a police complaint for a private car, as long as no one is injured. When I side-swiped a BMTC bus, my insurer, also Bajaj Allianz, paid up without any police complaint.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 6th April 2008, 06:59   #4
BHPian

hi kp , the back door is damaged, the bumper is damaged, rear door is damaged and c pillar is damaged.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate, Hemanth.

For claiming the insurance you do not need a police complaint (what a advantage!!!)

why were you not able to get any amount from the lorry driver? Did you take any photos (hope you had a mobile with a camera)
Old 6th April 2008, 09:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear this Hemanth.
The Insurance Co. and the A.S.S will take care of everything. You just need to write a report about how the accident happened. Bajaj Allianz is quite prompt and efficient in this regard.
A Santro had crashed into my week old Elantra. Took the car to Hyundai A.S.S and was told to write a report. The service adviser told me to leave out the actual details. He asked me to say that my car was parked and when I returned I saw the mess. Got my car back in about 15 days. Zero hassles.
shuvd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2008, 10:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this Hemanth. Was just pondering how could this happen? Was he overspeeding and not able to brake on time?

About the isurance, don't worry about givng police comlaint. It is not required. All you need to do is fill in the form giving all the details about accident and rest of the things will be taken care by A**. Atleast this is what happened when I met with an accident of my car a year ago, of course it was Maruti. AFAIK, nowadays, most of the insurance companies transaction will be hassle free.
Old 6th April 2008, 11:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the accident Hemanth. Like the others have mentioned, you do not need to file a police report to claim insurance. All the best in getting your car back to speed.
Old 6th April 2008, 11:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
hi guys my beloved getz has met with an accident. a stupid sand truck driver rammed the stationary car from behind and there is extensive damage to the rear of the car. i was not able to collect any money from him, and going to advaith tomorrow for the repairs. my question is regarding the insurance claims. do i need to file a police report for this? my insurance provider is bajaj allianz. i was wary about going to the cops as they try and harass you more. this is a bit urgent guys as i am going for repairs tomorrow.

thanks in advance.

hemanth
You need not have to do anyting. Just go to Advaith, they will advice you what to do. Atleast that is what we do for Maruti. I hope it will be same for Hyundai as well.

Abhi
Old 6th April 2008, 12:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry buddie,the Advaith guys will take care of the damage.I am sure the insurance is taken from a company they have a tie up with.
ram
Old 6th April 2008, 12:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just got insurance claimed through Advaith for some body work on my getz last week. A bicycle had left a dent on the rear door when I was crossing the signal. The bicycle guy jumped into the rear door from the footpath when the signal was ON. They tinkered and painted the rear door and have done a fabulous job with white colour. I had to pay only Rs.500 for the bill of Rs.4000. Got complimentary polish as well.

They will take care of the claim. Go to them as soon as possible as much delay should not be there.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 6th April 2008 at 12:52.
Old 6th April 2008, 13:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

seems to be a not-so-good-time for Getz!

My neighbor has a Getz and he met with an accident last week. Another car came and hit him on the front left side. The panel above the wheel was fully damaged, with slight scratches on the headlight and bumper.

The total work was for 4500rs, took two days, and he paid 500rs.

Not sure on which ASC he did it. The insurance was ICICI Lombard.
Old 6th April 2008, 18:30   #13
BHPian

i went to advaith and they advised me to get a police acknowledgment just in case, which i have done. the insurance guy is supposed to come on Tuesday and once he is done, they will start work on Tuesday itself. Thanks for the support guys. i am also going with the parked vehicle rammed story.
Old 6th April 2008, 18:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
i went to advaith and they advised me to get a police acknowledgment just in case, which i have done. the insurance guy is supposed to come on Tuesday and once he is done, they will start work on Tuesday itself. Thanks for the support guys. i am also going with the parked vehicle rammed story.
Do you have to get acknowledgement from the police station in the limits of the accident venue?
All the Best!!
Old 6th April 2008, 19:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that.

If the damage is more (like in this Getz's case) and even If there is no injury also its safe to get police acknowledgement so we can easily take maximum advantage/good service from the insurance company and they cant delay to process it. The reason police acknowledgement will work equivalant to FIR without hassales.

Few days later Lorry might file case against Getz owner saying he rammed his Lorry so it might turn other way, so by having police acknowledgement its worth a lot I think, even If we have to pay them their fees.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed