Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 20:40   #1
BHPian

Got a small hit to my swift

TBHPians,
Today afternoon, my swift got a hit from rear at a traffic stop (Tvm-ians, its Vazhuthacaud). I aproached the traffic signal and stopped comfortabily finding it turning red. Just after 3-4 seconds, got a hit from rear by an auto. I think he was coming in above normal speed, found red light and my car, but didn't get a proper brake. He hit my rear right, I think at 40-50kmph. my car was stationary, me alone in car, wearing seatbelt, didnt felt anything than a small shake. And I saw the autodriver flying from his seat, his head thrashed to his windscreen braking it, giving some deep cut on his forehead and face. Two passengers were there in the auto and they came out with small wounds on chin and lips. To our big surprise, just after the accident, while the passengers got out of the auto, and a policeman was rushing to spot, this moron driver drove away. I still don't know how he managed it with his injuries. As instructed by the traffic cop, i went to traffic station and filed a complaint. Waiting for the GD report copy. Car given to A.S.S. Will get the details and estimate tomorrow morning. Damages on initial checking - bumper, tail light assy and side quarter panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Got a small hit to my swift-redfire_acdnt.jpg  

Old 7th April 2008, 20:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear your suzie got hit chetta :( That rascal actually drove of from the scene? Hope he gets what he deserves which is testicular cancer at the very least.

Dont worry, the A>S>S guys will have her as good as new... oh and nice alloys btw, they complement the car
Old 7th April 2008, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey sorry to hear about this and BTW its not a small hit

and these auto drivers are like that only in every city

hope you have noted his number and mentioned same in your complaint.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:53   #4
BHPian

Good that nothing major happened to you or the car. Most of the auto folks are untrained and purely drive by instinct . The culture of owning up mistakes takes a long time to spread.

Since you filed a complaint I believe claiming insurance is made easier, also the fact a cop witnessed the accident.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this redfire, I had exactly the same kind of hit by a bus, and the total repair cost was ~7K.
Old 7th April 2008, 21:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

It looks bad man. I hadn't thought that the damage would be of this scale when you described it over the phone.

You did the right thing by lodging the complaint. Anyways will keep an eye out for the 8813.

I'm sorry to tell you this but it looks like this would cost more than what you had expected.

Are you sure that the rear quarter panel needs to be replaced? An end does look a bit crumpled but it looks like it can be beaten back into shape. Replacing the rear quarter panel is a cut & weld job.
Old 7th April 2008, 21:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to know this, am also a victim of reckless Auto bugs, was involved in a similar mishap last year, had to replace my Right Tail lamps & some body work, all this for no mistake of ours :(
Old 7th April 2008, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Thanks souljah, sunny, Sreeni, cmax, Sankar and finney for your concerns. Waiting for tomorrow morning to get more details and estimate. BTW if I go for claim, what is the amount you guys think its worth going? I heard that if it is less thank 5K, its better to not go for claim. Please throw some light on this. I will check forum before going to A.S.S
Old 7th April 2008, 22:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see your ride like this.

And surprise at the title, which say 'small hit' - I do not think this is 'small'!

Anyway, good that you have a policeman as a witness and that you have a police report. And did you not get the number?
Old 7th April 2008, 22:31   #10
rippergeo

Ouch! it hurts just to look at it. thats not a small hit.
@sankar- didnt know the rear quarter panel replacement was a cut and weld. this thread has put the fear of god into me.

is 8813 the number of the auto?

Old 7th April 2008, 22:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

The number of the auto is KL01 __ 8813. He got the digits except the series which he can't remember or didn't notice amidst the rush.
Old 7th April 2008, 22:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
what is the amount you guys think its worth going? I heard that if it is less thank 5K, its better to not go for claim. Please throw some light on this. I will check forum before going to A.S.S
Redfire
The total repair cost will depend on whether the quarter panel will be replaced or repaired back to shape.

Quarter panel - Rs 5000 (approx)
Rear bumper - Rs 1100 (paint extra)

Last edited by kpzen : 7th April 2008 at 22:36.
Old 7th April 2008, 22:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

RedFire - sorry for your loss. Well one thing which can be reconfirmed is that Auto drivers no matter where they are from or where they drive are the biggest threat and source of annoyance on the Indian roads.

Hope one of the other Trivandrum boys spot him. That will make a good story.
Old 7th April 2008, 22:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

KP how much for the tail lamp?
Old 7th April 2008, 23:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Its a bad one. I will watch out for the auto

Do give me a call before you take it to the a.s.s. center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks