Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 20:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

What a test drive!!
Checked out the car thoroughly.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hope guys in are ok. But what was he doing? Testing to see if this is Waterproof

Just curious, who will be held for this. I mean, will the sales person accompanied would be fined or charged anything on this? Because, the showroom guys have no hold on the driver trying to test drive. infact, I have not seen anyone asking even for a DL when you go for TD.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Test drive cars are the ZDI model right?? Does it have an airbag?/ Also, does the customer have to pay for this?? Coz i don't think the customer pays for minor accidents, but since this is a major one, he may have to pay up right?? Can they claim insurance as the car does not seem to be have a proper reg number??

Last edited by JayD : 8th April 2008 at 21:17.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:13   #19
BHPian

Driver or Diver ?
Old 8th April 2008, 22:04   #20
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I've driven on this particular road hundreds of times. its impossible to crash the car here unless you are a total idiot.
total idiots are available for dime-a-dozen in this country. They are all over the place..every city, every signal and driving almost every auto/car/cycle/2-wheeler/bus.

safest bet is Test driver was a auto-driver..decided to drive a car like he drives his auto...
Old 8th April 2008, 22:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Was 'The Spy who loved me' being screened anywhere in the vicinity?
Old 8th April 2008, 22:30   #22
nbr
BHPian

Its an awesome strech road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I've driven on this particular road hundreds of times. its impossible to crash the car here unless you are a total idiot. there are no pedestrians on this road. quite a few oil tankers are parked here all the time but thats about it.

its not too difficult to believe that it was rash driving.

the test driver is usually made to pay in such situations.

This road is famous for drag races, its a beautiful strech, when i bought my Swift, i was checking out its top speed on this road.Hardly any traffic on this road.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:51   #23
BHPian

Wow, MUL dealers are now letting their potential customers crash test their demo vehicles

Last edited by sushanthr77 : 8th April 2008 at 22:52.
Old 8th April 2008, 23:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Opps scarry....am sure from now on those dealers will think 1000 times before sending their car for a test drive they dont want to land in water u see
Old 8th April 2008, 23:28   #25
BHPian

seems like a worthwhile crash test. looks like the crumple zones have worked well
Old 8th April 2008, 23:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
That is one car that won't be later sold to an unsuspecting customer as new.
I think this car will go to the showroom as soon as it has been done up, what else are they gonna do with that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
As per site for some reason forum software thinks this post is less then 20 chars
Only your valuable inputs are taken for the counting.
Old 9th April 2008, 01:11   #27
BHPian

Thats something nasty. The customer should keep in mind while driving that he is not owning the vehicle and therefore drive responsibly(feeling as if driving his own car should be there). Even the TD car comes for a price. But, if this has happened from the driver/ salesman then god help him.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:22   #28

hello everyone..this is my first postting in the forum..I wanted to test drive swift dzire .nearest dealer to my place is mandovi motors.courteous staff this smart chap explained me all the features of different variants and prices and let me check out the cars waiting to be deliverd to other customers.Finally when i requested for test drive..he was like "sorry sir not possible " ..i got a call and had to leave the place..later i came to know the real reason why test drive was not possiblie

SUZUKI DZIRE- Takes a dip in Mangalore-daya_0408_test1.jpg

SEE MORE PICS

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th April 2008 at 06:20. Reason: Please type with proper punctuation and not ...like...this.. Please see the Team-BHP rules & Announcements section.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Can they claim insurance as the car does not seem to be have a proper reg number??
I think there are special insurance policies available. Otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed on road. Though I wonder if they are just third-party.

One of my friend broke a head-lamp of an ikon during a test drive. The salesman promptly said "no problem", and they'll manage it (and hinted they can claim insurance, though they didn't take a copy of my friend's DL even afterwards, which would have been required to claim). They probably thought if they charge a potential customer a few hundred bucks during a test drive, he may not come back to purchase the car at all. (Well a week later he did buy an ikon, I am not sure if driven by guilt)

Kousik

Last edited by kousik : 9th April 2008 at 02:57.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess this is the tannerbhavi road?
When i test drove the 2ltr CR-V there, i did notice a few trucks suddenly popping out of nowhere. Something like this must have happened and he must have swerved towards the river.

OR

He must have felt the "Dzire" to cool off a bit. Hehe

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 9th April 2008 at 03:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks