Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2005, 18:00   #1
BHPian

accident @ khargar drag race.

a friend of mine, staying at khargar called last night and said that ia maruti fellow had an accident with a biker at the race and the biker died on the spot. i dont know whether these are confirmed news as when i was at khargar at 9.00 pm there were no signs of any race being held.

but if these news is true then god only save these racers and may the deceased's soul rest in peace.

shubbhi
Old 6th February 2005, 19:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Drags at kharghar?? Dont have a clue cause generally someone announces on TB if there is a drag event at kharghar. No such announcement though

Dippy
Old 6th February 2005, 22:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

wat drag race are you talking about.i dont think any of the usual guys had organised any thing .
it must be something else.
normally these races start after 11pm.
Old 7th February 2005, 00:04   #4
bhp
BHPian

may be there were some localites trying to race each other there !!!!
may the biker rest in peace :(
Old 7th February 2005, 07:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was there in kharghar till about 8pm yesterday, there were no signs of any drag race but.

Drifter
Old 7th February 2005, 11:49   #6
BHPian

Even I Think That I Might Have Got Wrong Information But It Is True That A Biker Had An Accident And it Was Surely Some KinD of Race, Anyways Sorry For The Wrong Info Abt The Drag Race.

Shubbhi

Last edited by manaa45 : 7th February 2005 at 11:51.
Old 7th February 2005, 23:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

well was a bad accident yesterday at the bridge opp my factory - a truck overturned at rite angle to the road and i heard 2 guys on a bike were gone instantly - any know more ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th February 2005 at 23:07.
Old 7th February 2005, 23:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey NC,
i was there just behind behind when it happened.yeah it was bad one.dunno abt the bikers .but the truck had blocked the entire road on that bridge towards vashi from kopar khairane.
Old 7th February 2005, 23:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

satya u @$$$@$$

u were there ????? in mumbai ??? rite near my factory and u dint call me ?????
Old 8th February 2005, 11:46   #10
BHPian

Even When I Left From My Factory I Had To Take The Turbhe Road To Nerul As The Bridge To Vashi Was Blocked.

For Satya, I Agree With U Nc As He Never Even Mentioned That He Is Coming To Mumbai.

Shubbhi
Old 8th February 2005, 13:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
a friend of mine, staying at khargar called last night and said that ia maruti fellow had an accident with a biker at the race and the biker died on the spot. i dont know whether these are confirmed news as when i was at khargar at 9.00 pm there were no signs of any race being held.

but if these news is true then god only save these racers and may the deceased's soul rest in peace.

shubbhi
sorry for the late reply , i was present there during the drags and the guy is still alive ..he has got head injuries and some fractures ..and the drag started only after 11 like every week....the 800 fellow was showing off his skills doing 360's and suddenly came in the path of a dragging bike...then wat happened was a very bad crash..the rider and the bike just went up many feets in the air..and 800 went and hit the divider and the driver just came out from the front taking the windshield with him...every one thought the rider was dead cos he was not breathing and many guys tried to get him to breath by putting pressure on his chest ...but he was saved as he was moved to the mgm hospital in cbd in jst few minutes after the accident,the drags mostly bikes and some sbks and some modded esteems , zens ,lancers take place every saturday after 11.
the bikers come in huge numbers in groups about 150 and more...and many stipped down rx100s,rd350's, karizmas , pulsars....these guys really prepare the bike for the drags , like making it light weight..porting the heads and changing the fuel jets and sprockets and fight each other...and also try out do the rival groups in stunts and skills..but overall its a total chaos and every week it comes to an end because of a accident and this week it was really bad.
cheers.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 8th February 2005 at 13:30. Reason: incomplete
Old 8th February 2005, 13:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like fun, but I would hate to be a part of such drag races.
Old 8th February 2005, 14:32   #13
BHPian

Man, thats crazy.... Have heard about similar drags happening in B'lore as well..... Boy, lucky he escaped with injuries....
Old 8th February 2005, 15:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Heavy_foot: Did u say 150 bikes :O i doubt it man..i mean if there are so many bikes where will they gather & drag.. but I wud love to be proved wrong can u pls post pics from any such drags, that wud be really nice
Old 8th February 2005, 15:51   #15
BHPian

i m releived to hear that the biker is alive and i take back my words " let his sould rest in peace" next time i would not be in a hurry to say such things.

shubbhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks