Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 11:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Good to see you survived. Biking injuries are real real bad. I can empathise with you!
When I was in bangalore there have been numerous times when I have been attacked by dogs while going home on the bike. Once me and my friend fell, on the dog. the mongrel cushioned the fall so nothing broken. Here in Noida its biking is playing with fate. So I am sticking to the car for good.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:42   #17
BHPian

cooljun dude.. quite a scary story.. but, good to know you are recovering!

Apart from seatbelts and helmets, I think one thing we should harp big on defensive driving.. Drive with the knowledge that danger is just lurking to be found..

But then, one can only be so careful..

Get well soon.. take care!
Old 12th April 2006, 19:17   #18
BHPian

That was close, you are damn lucky dude, the canductor saved your life. Heard of quite a few nasty ones involving dogs, but this beats all. Take care buddy and do wear a helmet everytime, never know whats in store.
Old 12th April 2006, 20:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

You're scaring me man!!! Thats the problem with scooters, their small wheels which mean veyr easy grip loss.
Old 12th April 2006, 21:14   #20
BHPian

hey guys thanks again for all ur good wishes. amitoj uncle as far as i remember i was doing 40. all i remember is seeing the dog come in my way and the next thing is when i open my eyes i see about 20ppl staring at me.(realy freaked me more than the crash). went today near the place where it happened and thanked the shopkeepers for their help. got my bike back from the garage, its as good as new.

ps: i saw the same dog happily running around today.( confirmed with the shopkeepers.
Old 12th April 2006, 23:55   #21
Jay
BHPian

Hey Cooljun.... so much damage at speeds of 40 !!! surprising. good to hear no serious injuries to you... GET WELL SOON dude... Always wear a helmet. ride safe.
Old 13th April 2006, 07:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

Thank God, you survived without any serious injury. In a country like ours, where everything (except the heat of the summer) is so unpredictable, you have to take every precaution to protect yourself. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
Old 18th April 2006, 19:03   #23
BHPian

Thank god that you are safe cooljun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hey guys thanks for ur good wishes. i crashed my kini not my bros new rd.
BTW What is it with kini and dogs? Even I had a similar accident some 5 years ago. I was riding on a highway and a dog jumped in front of my kini and when I braked hard, the bike skid and fell. Thankfully there were no vehicles coming from behind. I walked away with some minor scratches (both to me and my bike).
After this incident i slow down (real slow) whenever a stray dog comes in view
Old 18th April 2006, 21:16   #24
BHPian

hey after my research iv found out to my dismay that 90% of the dog ran in my bikes way kinda accidents the bike involved is the kinetic honda.... what could this mean?? dogs attracted to the bad looks of the bike?? genes??

Last edited by cooljun : 18th April 2006 at 21:18.
Old 18th April 2006, 23:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hey after my research iv found out to my dismay that 90% of the dog ran in my bikes way kinda accidents the bike involved is the kinetic honda.... what could this mean?? dogs attracted to the bad looks of the bike?? genes??
Well after this posts I dont think that my wife is justified in saying that I will at least be safe on a Kini on Bangalore's roads
Old 18th April 2008, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Street dog menace in bangalore

Today i witnessed one incident that really shocked me.I was standing near the Jayamahal road.Traffic is always fast in this raod and MORONS test their high speed skills here.I saw a bike coming in average speed and suddenly two street dogs jumped into the road right in front of the bike.The poor guy braked hard and tried to change the lane but it hit the dog.He was thrown out from the seat and the bike dragged him for about 5-10 metres.It seems like the guy is seriously injured.Luckily the vehicles behind him could stop before anything unfortunate happened.

I am so pissed of the Government for allowing these stray dogs to celebrate life like this.Once i also faced their wrath at midnight while riding a bike.When they are collecting so much in taxes why cant they assure the minimum safety of commuters,at least from dogs.What all these taxes and cess is finally used.I think its better to evade taxes when the govt itself cannot take care of even a small issue like this.I am really sad for the poor biker.Hope he is alright

Last edited by shebin : 18th April 2008 at 15:07.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Only last year stray dogs in Bangalore bit a small child to death. There was a lot of protest and noise after that. Looks like things have settled down now and life is back to normal.

Why only Bangalore, you have this menace in every village, town and city of this country. Stray cattle menace is another problem.

Jammu & Kashmir Govt. has recently devised a unique stategy to deal with the stray dog menace: kill them! Check this:

Jammu and Kashmir govt plans to kill 100,000 stray dogs @ NewKerala.Com News, India
Old 18th April 2008, 16:10   #28
BANNED

I would like to know what the Government can do to dogs, so that they go away from roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
When they are collecting so much in taxes why cant they assure the minimum safety of commuters,at least from dogs.What all these taxes and cess is finally used.I think its better to evade taxes when the govt itself cannot take care of even a small issue like this.I am really sad for the poor biker.Hope he is alright
I wonder why can't the Govt assure safety for public from these high-speed morons.
Quote:
Traffic is always fast in this raod and MORONS test their high speed skills here.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:24   #29
BHPian

@diabloo

The govt should devise some method to phase out these stray dogs.Some of them are even MAD and rabies infected.I was surrounded for half an hour one midnight without letting me to make move.I would suggest killing them all since human life is more precious than these MAD dogs.Now its the govt's duty to ensure the safety of citizens and they should do it somehow.This problem is assuming gigantic proportions in some areas,where after midnight dogs are the king!!!
Old 18th April 2008, 16:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

I remember last year i was driving down my cousins zen from Delhi - Jamuna nagar,I was doing speeds of 110-115km and on the right lane a dog from nowhere came running,I did not apply any brakes nor did i tried to turn the car to left as 5 of us were there in the car,I rammed him and the santro behind me went over it..Its becoming a serious problem in Mumbai too,they are barking all night long,and if a person is coming late night from work they tend to be in groups and start barking,ive heard cases of dog attacks also.Seems the Dog vans are put to rest by Meneka Gandhi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks