Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have been doing this for the last 1 year & that helps to keep your cool in tight situations. It is immaterial if i am acknowledged, it satisfies me.

@benny... were you waiting for a kiss ? You just might get it from an auto from behind
Old 24th April 2008, 12:17   #17
BHPian

I follow this practice with the pedestrians and religiously with the truckers on the highway when they allow you to pass them. I have actually seen the thumbs up and the wave bring smile to some truckers, and because of that sometimes these truckers help you out a lot.

The pedestrians sometime get confused when you wave them by, don't know y. Sometimes when there's an irritating person behind my vehicle, honking too much, i just pull over to the side and wave him by and 10 secs later am zooming past him.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
I follow this practice with the pedestrians and religiously with the truckers on the highway when they allow you to pass them. I have actually seen the thumbs up and the wave bring smile to some truckers, and because of that sometimes these truckers help you out a lot.
I completely agree on the trucker thing. I practice the same.

However some pedistrians are shameless, when I slow down, or wait for them to cross, they then feel they are all important and slow down, and take their own time to cross my car :(
Old 24th April 2008, 14:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

It is a good gesture indeed to stop and let pedestrians cross the road. But be careful when you do so, because you might get rear-ended by impatient drivers. This is the situation in most of Hyderabad, where might is right.
Even a scooterist cares a fig for a pedestrian and wont hesitate to go over him lest he dare step in his way, even at a Zebra crossing.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Well even i keep doing that but at times when i stop to let the pedestrians cross the road, i do hear lots of yells and honking from behind my car...specially the cab drivers !! :-)
Old 24th April 2008, 20:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post

I have been following a policy of stopping, whenever possible, to let pedestrians cross the road or for other vehicles waiting to join the traffic from other lanes but not getting the chance to do so because of everyone wants to cut them off and go first.

It evokes some very interesting reactions and that is what helps me maintain a smile on my face.
I do the same too and till date everyone has smiled and waved a sort of 'thank you'. In this mad fast paced world where everyone is always in a hurry it just feels good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks