Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:55   #1

How to stop mid-night bike racing nuisance??

I live on outer ring road closer to Nekkundi (b/w Marathahalli and KR Puram). Last Saturday around 100 crazy bikers had races on this road (opposite Jalsa Restaurant) between 12 and 2 in the night.

My baby was scared of the sounds the bikes were making and was crying incessantly.

I called Police control room, Mahadevpura PS several times for over 2 hours and there was no response other than saying that they would look into it.

Is there a way to stop this recurring nuisance?

If it is not possible to stop it, is there a way I can know the racing schedule, so that I can move to a different location..?
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Instead of control room, try and get the number of local police station to inform them.

But when they arrive, these bikers would have reached home after quenching their thirst.
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Try dialling 103 for traffic related stuff.

Did you get the name of the person who answered the call at the cop station? Write a letter to the newspaper and hope for some reaction. These guys never act unless media attention is showered on the incident.
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

I understand its a public road and enjoying with one's machine could actually be perceived a nuisance for others. But the real problem is, the lack of a proper place to take the exploits to, without causing any harm to others. Sorry that it inconvenienced your Baby.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Crazy people! Why don't these morons head out of town & try their stunts in some secluded area? As for the cops,God help them!
Aren't Hoysala jeeps patrolling town these days? Would probably be your best bet,in any senario.
Old 24th April 2008, 00:32   #6
BHPian

Best bet put some nails on the road and see these guys crash just joking a wild imagination but if someone in my family is annoyed i won't mind doing it even after taking a legal action,other option(better option)record this **** and send it to some news channel they will be more than happy to cover this
Old 24th April 2008, 02:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

agree with yogi. such people can be quite a nuisance - calling in aajtak would be simplest. They love to play up such issues.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:29   #8

Agreed that it is a public road.. But there are indeed restrictions on this road - speed limit for trucks is 40 kmph and for other vehicles it is 60 kmph (will upload the sign board picture tomorrow..). There are also rules about which side of the divider to drive. They were clearly breaking law.

They can always take permission (and pay fee) to have these races on the Jakkur training runway which is not used during nights. Another option is Nandi Expressway, since this road is isolated from residential areas, it may not create nuisance. And truck drivers there don't slow down unlike they do on outer ring road and that would be more adventurous..!!

If that is not possible, at least they should publish the schedule and locations so that residents can make arrangements..
Old 24th April 2008, 13:56   #9
BHPian

Why chumma take risk of taking a video and pain in your elbow. just click some snaps and send it TOI & BANGALORE MIRROR. they would take care of it.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Write to the DCP of traffic (bangalore east), his email id is dcptrafficeast@gmail.com.
Happened to listen to a few minutes of his interview on Radio Indigo and he sounded like a very friendly man who was ready to listen to the public.

No harm in trying, shoot him an email and wait for the outcome.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:15   #11
BHPian

As praJEEP said take a couple of photographs and drop it at TOI & Deccan Herald's office at M G Road with a small brief and then sit back and watch the cops in action.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:55   #12
Team-BHP Support

The cops always have time to check up on innocent 2 wheeler riders who are commuting between home and office, even in the midst of rush hour. Why dont they pay heed to such acts which risk the lives of the general public? AFAIK, a 2 wheeler running with an outdated PUC is not more dangerous than some lunatics practicing drags on city streets.
Old 26th April 2008, 15:52   #13
BHPian

even a small stone thrown by a kid (who scoots off into a bye lane) can teach good lessons to criminals at high speeds. Not suggesting you do that....
Old 28th April 2008, 15:16   #14

Finally some success..!

Last Saturday (it is in fact Sunday early hours) too they started racing at 0100 hrs. I called 103 promptly and informed them the location and the problem. The person manning traffic control room phone was very nice and told that he would inform the Marathahalli traffic officer.

After 20 mins, racing was still going on and I called 103 once again.. This time, the control station guy recognized me immediately from the CLI and told me that he had already transmitted once and said he would send a reminder again.

After 10 mins a Police van appeared and they stopped racing..

Hope they won't start again this weekend..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks