Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 00:15   #91
BHPian

Re: How to prevent your car from getting towed away

Upon seeing the thread topic, I assumed I will find some suggestions and a preaching to fellow drivers, how not to get your car towed away.

But, I didn't find the same otherwise.

I request everyone on this thread to follow simple rules and your senses mentioned below, this helps you not being running behind cops to get your car released, pay fines, get embarrassed among your fellow travellers.

1. DO NOT park your vehicle in NO PARKING Traffic signs. (since you are in a hurry doesn't empower you to park in no parking zones)

I know everyone might comment, we know this rule. But please implement it.

2. DO NOT park in front of any residential gates. This would definitely cause inconvenience to the residents.
(I have seen this happening in Jayanagar 4th Block, and many cars being either towed or fined)

3. If 2 wheeler, park in identified 2 wheeler parking space, if 4 wheeler, park in designated places.

Don't switch your designated places, if you have not switched your vehicles.
I have seen many cars being parked in 2 wheeler parking lots and being towed away.

4. Do use the parking facilities provided by the municipal authorities at dedicated commercial establishments, and also use PAY N PARK.

Just these establishments are little further to exact shop/place you need to visit, doesn't empower one to park anywhere. Park and walk, its good for health. Your car will not be towed away.

Implementing and maintaining such traffic disciplines across states, we can ensure our cars are not the victims of being treated in rather harsh ways.

Note: Due to your indiscipline and irresponsibility, your VEHICLES are the victims of being towed away.

During such tow incidents, there would be minor or slight damages. So please avoid such incidents. Which can save much time and money to yourself
Old 19th April 2012, 07:47   #92
BHPian

Oh ! Well you are asking a million dollar question.

my take --ask your driver to keep the car moving without parking.

more serious-- take your friend's car and park it like you own it

cheers
Prasad
Old 19th April 2012, 12:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
How do they do it? By cutting the brake cable? Never heard of something like that.
You are right, I think I mixed up something.
Many years ago, in the case of Maruti 800's for example, one fellow would get beneath a car and fiddle. Maybe he did not release the hand brake but put the car into neutral. Then they would lift the rear and tow the car.
Thats what it was.

Cheers harit
Old 19th April 2012, 16:59   #94
BHPian

IMHO, by far, the only least risky trick is the flag. Flaunt the flag of the party you support. Chances are the cops will think you are an important member of the party at the local offices.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:57   #95
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Have this sticker on my cars. Dont remember my car ever being towed away, though i only put the sticker recently!

How to prevent your car from getting towed away-adv.jpg
Old 13th September 2013, 10:26   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Towing Prevention 101

Ensure drive wheels aren't in the air. Then, tow away the tow truck

GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 23:01   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
After much thought, here is my advice!

Employ a security guard to protect the car at no-parking zones! It will be good if he carries a gun too! (Water gun will do!)

Better still, buy a revolving red light and fix it on your car's roof!
Nicely said!!

I wish if we Bhpians would take a pledge not to park in no-parking areas. It would be a shame for each of us, to see a car with TBhp sticker being towed away for illegal parking!
Old 25th December 2013, 18:40   #98
BHPian

When you need to park your car for a long time and chances of your car getting towed are high, take 4 men to hide close to your parked car. When the tow guys come and are busy hooking up your car to the tow truck, the 4 men can quickly loosen the screws of the tow truck's wheels ( 1 guy for each wheel)

When the tow truck moves away, you can watch the wheels of the truck fall away like the rickshaw scene in the beginning of Dhoom 3
RonXRi94 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed