Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Rudraji, sorry about the incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Did you complain to the Garuda mall authorities, what was their reply?
I've seen some cameras in the parking lot, there is a good chance that you could find the guy who did it &
Old 15th May 2008, 11:36   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear that. Good that the tail lamp is intact. I had a self-inflicted damage on my Laura on the same body panels which needed two attempts by TAFE and lot of persuasion from my side to get it right. The rear bumper finish is still lousy/matte. I was charged 7K + taxes which also included few more dents/scratches which was very reasonable.

I will not be getting my future body works done from A.S.S for sure. Sundaram is so busy and crowded - do they share the painters across Mercedes and GM?

Outside body shops offer much better quality and service but the trick is to know the right place. One place called "new shine" near BEL circle was recommended to me but have not had a chance (so far so good) to check them out.

Good luck and please share your experiences.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Old man, that must hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Really sad. Garuda Mall parking is terribly designed to say the least.
Didnt ajmat have a similar incident at the very same mall sometime back?
Old 15th May 2008, 11:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Where is this shop exactly? A small direction would help.
It is ulsoor road. If your coming towards manipal centre from cubbon road take a left at the manipal centre signal. You will see whizz photo studio on your right. Then take an immediate right on Ulsoor road. Go straight on that road. On the right side you'll see lots of imported cars parked half painted in a driveway. That's ahmed Jaan. If you see talwalkars on your right youve gone too far.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ouch Rudra, sorry to see that! Looks like the guy had floored the pedal when he was reversing - how else would you get such a deep dent
Old 15th May 2008, 11:47   #21
Team-BHP Support

Considering the height at which the damage happened, doesnt it look like some SUV was responsible for it? I dont think a normal car's bumper would be responsible for that.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ohh man thats a pretty bad dent,that to without any fault,ive noticed people they just speed up in the mall parking area as if they are playing Tokyo drift.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Considering the height at which the damage happened, doesnt it look like some SUV was responsible for it? I dont think a normal car's bumper would be responsible for that.
Both the bumper and metal part has taken the beating. But bumper has with stood it. The metal has caved.

I wouldn't adivce going to sundaram(it looks like you may have to go rajaji nagar work shop). He might fix this, but screw up some other part as they dont cover them up properly. ymmv.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ouch that must have hurt, sorry to see this Rudra.

And from the looks of it the panel can be repaired t a good workshop, replacement would not be necessary.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Where is this shop exactly? A small direction would help.
If you are travelling on MG Road towards Kidskemp, take a left to go towards Taj Residency, Park Hotel, Gurudwara et all. Take the left turn after Park Hotel, keep going straight until you see a garage with cars parked even on the sidewalk/footpath. This is Ahmed Jaan's workshop.

ps: Old timers at Bangalore may remember that there was a car garage called "Two Stroke Motors" there adjacent to where Ahmed Jaan's workshop is.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 15th May 2008 at 12:28.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:33   #26
BHPian

Sorry to see that Rudra!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
]
Get an estimate from Ahmed Jaan on Ulsoor/Dickenson Road.
I don't have much high regards for this place in Ulsoor Road, IIRC called as 'Classic Automobiles'. It could be just me, as many exotic cars are seen there for the paint / dent job. However my personal experience was very bad and ended up with a crappy job with both brothers (seem to be partners) pointing finger at each other!!
Old 15th May 2008, 13:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thats a bad one - definitely a landing!

Some people have the least of regards for others property!

Hope you are able to get your ride back in shape soon!
Old 15th May 2008, 13:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Damn. Thats a nasty dent. Hope you are able to get the car back in shape Rudra (as good as new).

The parking facility at Garuda sucks big time. The valet guys swerve at "high speeds" and treat cars like toys. I wont be surprised if its a valet guy's "gift". The parking lanes are very narrow and only small cars can manage to park comfortably. The management sucks at their reponsibility and all they care is raking in moolah.

P.S. Dont they have camera's in the parking area? If they do, you could trace the jacka$$ and inform the insurance company.
Old 15th May 2008, 13:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to see this happen. Damage is quite much and i think it would need a replacement to get the originality which a thump and bend may not get it back.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't. But what can they do? Every single paid parking area is decorated with a notice saying management is not responsible for any theft or damage.
There are damages and it cannot be repaired like you said.
Its always important to complain. In case they have a security camera in the area where you parked your car, you can identify the culprit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks