Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 05:45   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Tough luck Rudra - Looks like it was an SUV who back up too much. Whatever it was with or without security camera footage, I dont think there is anything you could do about it now.

Hope Suraksha does a good clean job.

So Vid is a usual customer here eh? doesnt say much for your driving Vid !

Where is this Suraksha place?
lol. Ironwolf. My Alto has gone to him twice in 3 years.

My lancer I can't stand a single scratch on it and that is chauffeur driven so trips are a little more often.
Old 16th May 2008, 06:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nice info vidyut. My front skirt has a few scratches and is in dire need of repainting. Now that lathangi is no more, will give suraksha a try.
Old 16th May 2008, 07:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Had a chat with Ramamurthy of Suraksha. A big thank to Vid. Ramamurthy looks knowledgeable enough to say what all I had asked for.
Nice decision. Saw this thread late. Surakshaa has a pretty good paint job.
Every time I go there for my ALto service I see Ikon, Lancer, Hondas for some body related work.
During my Kolkata trip (I didnt mention this in my travelogue), when we parked our car outside Puri temple and went for visit, a mini bus couldnt stop on time and hit my parked Alto from behind causing a deformation (similar like Optra) on the boot door (I couldnt open the boot in the entire trip after that). After my return I gave it to Suraksha who did a pretty good job. The door looks as good as nothing happened.

The owner himself has a Innova and that is also parked there for cleaning.

Abhi
Old 16th May 2008, 07:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Nice info vidyut. My front skirt has a few scratches and is in dire need of repainting. Now that lathangi is no more, will give suraksha a try.
Yes go ahead, they have an excellent paint job. You will like it.
Meet Lokesh, the service engineer a good friend of mine. Both the owners are nice people too.

Abhi
Old 16th May 2008, 18:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
That hurts! There is this apparently good paint shop in JP Nagar - a friend who leaves his Swift there swears by it, although I've not seen the place. I'll talk to this friend and get back to you.
Rudra sir, sorry to see the damage. It must really hurt. Hope she is fixed up soon.

Mag, you wouldn't be referring to Sai Colorium by any chance? Their work is impeccable and are an exclusive body shop. They have their own paint booth and colour matching is within 2%. I had left my indica there as well as dad's Innova and on both occassions he did a fantastic job. Reasonable as well.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't. But what can they do? Every single paid parking area is decorated with a notice saying management is not responsible for any theft or damage.
There are damages and it cannot be repaired like you said.
Thats really sad to see.
It is fine that Garuda Mall is not responsible for the damage. But they are responsible to prove that its not a fault of their infrastructure which caused the accedent.Just by writting a board will not save them from the legal complexity. If that was the case even after having boards telling "Unattending kids will not be our resposibility" at every entrance of elevators, why they appointed guards to prevent any unattended small kids entering it ? They also have a net to prevent direct falling from the upper floors.

The guard on duty at parking would have stopped the guy who did that to your vehicle and informed you through the public addressing system by just refering the Vehicle number. And no way the guard can say that he didnt see the accedent since the kind of a hit your car took would have made a big sound for sure.

The same kind of an accedent happend to my friends Ford Ikon at Shipra Mall in Noida. The guards stopped the guy who did it, announced our Vehicle number through PAS and asked us to report to the office. Me met the guy at the office and he agreed to pay any extra amount to be paid for the repairs after the insurance claim. The total cost of repair was 27K and he end up paying around 10K from his pocket.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 16th May 2008 at 19:01.
Old 16th May 2008, 19:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car's going there tomorrow. I should be getting it back on Tuesday (he said Monday). Estimate is 7000/- plus. Sundaram quoted 21,250/- plus/minus.
Wow, 21,250 for denting and painting the rear panel - seem very high. How much for denting and how much for painting. Wonder what is the charge for repainting the whole car ? Southern Motors usually charges 5k for denting and painting a door (maybe this dent is a tad too deep), and 2k for the front fender...
The 7000/- quote seems reasonable from an A.S.S. (for Maruti in this case)

Regards,
Old 17th May 2008, 11:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think this happened because you recently made a joke about GM and Microsoft in the jokes thread.

Your car may have been targetted for assault, even though I convinced you to delete the joke - I am afraid it was too late. The powers that be must have read it.
You shouldn't have posted that Rudra.
Old 17th May 2008, 14:17   #54
BHPian

Tough luck Rudra ji. Especially for someone who is passionate about how their cars look :(
Old 20th May 2008, 15:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Any update, please post the repaired picture.

Quote:
Had a chat with Ramamurthy of Suraksha. A big thank to Vid. Ramamurthy looks knowledgeable enough to say what all I had asked for.

Car's going there tomorrow. I should be getting it back on Tuesday (he said Monday). Estimate is 7000/- plus. Sundaram quoted 21,250/- plus/minus.

Let me take a chance. I don't think I'm off here.
Old 20th May 2008, 22:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Any update, please post the repaired picture.
I am also eagerly waiting for an update as there is a big scratch on my rear bumper after a soft kiss by a Maruti 800. I am keen on Suraksha now.
Old 20th May 2008, 22:39   #57
Team-BHP Support

Car I think was ready today evening but Rudraji wasn't able to pick it up as he was busy. He should be getting it by tomorrow.
Old 21st May 2008, 18:01   #58
Team-BHP Support

She's back! I like their job and cost. Total bill 7600/-.

At Garuda Mall parking!!-100_4482.jpg
At Garuda Mall parking!!-100_4485.jpg
Old 21st May 2008, 18:08   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Rudra. Thats a wonderful job, gleaming at its best ( Maybe some of it is due to the EOS and your skill )
Old 21st May 2008, 18:12   #60
Team-BHP Support

Not shot by me but one of our studio support member with old Kodak camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks