Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:17   #16

Thanks all you guys for the advice and encouragement.
I will post some pics soon of the damage caused.

I drive a getz glx 1.3

Well what happened the first time was that I had parked to close to a wall and the next morning when I reversed I forgot to keep the wheel straight and the car reversed with a turn grazing its side against the wall. Lesson learnt: keep the steering wheel straight when parking or remember the position it was at before moving the car.

The second time I was trying to do a U turn on a crowded road at night. After looking cautiously at the oncoming traffic and in my rear view I began inching forward in half clutch on first gear when out of nowhere a cyclist decides to dart in front of me and I instead of hitting the brake hit the clutch first and his cycle made a nasty scratch under my right headlight. What if I had hit the accelerator? I would have run him over

Its that 'what if' thought that freaks me out. How the hell did I miss hitting the brakes

pics will be here this weekend...
Old 23rd May 2008, 01:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
Its that 'what if' thought that freaks me out. How the hell did I miss hitting the brakes
Nothing new. A good chunk of new drivers do this. In a panic situation,pump the accelerator. Give it some time. I suggest doing this- try to shadow someone else who's a good driver. By that,I mean you sitting next to the person,and observing how they change gears,or approach intersections or handle traffic conditions. It makes a big difference.
I used to watch my dad drive,and picked up every bit of skill possible. Its like a textbook..you get it right,and you'll be able to put it to good use. made things really easy when I actually started driving at the age of 14.
Old 25th May 2008, 19:36   #18

pics uploaded

uploaded pics of the damage caused on a new thread at this link below...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post841420

Most Viewed