Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you are safe. Hand over the car to your A** and fill in the necessary forms and give your vehicle for repairs, you will get back your vehicle with painting. The painting will be done at A** itself. Atleast they did the same thing for my WagonR (I had the similar accident around a year back). The vehicle will regain its original shape after this. But pls ensure that they paint the whole bumper. :-)
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
4K for a palio bumper is expensive. As even an Accent bumper comes for around the same price or maybe slightly higher.
I was quoted 6k (including painting) by KUN for front bumper for my friend's Viva. This was about 6 months back.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:45   #18
BHPian

i am really sorry to hear about your incident.
Anyways am glad that you are safe and also there is not much damage to your palio as well.
One thing that I would like to tell you is, when the A_S_S paint the bumper, see to it that they match the color properly before they put it on.
Else there will be a color mis-match and this would look really akward especially on the bonnet.

take care and drive safe

Last edited by gods-envy : 23rd May 2008 at 14:46.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

almost same thing happened to me but i was hit from left side :(

read more here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post837580
Old 23rd May 2008, 18:19   #20
BHPian

Thank you guys for the genuine concerns. I felt better today as I dropped my car off at Car-O-Care centre at Wanowrie for repairs. Mr.Jaspal Singh seemed to be professional enough, he is taking care of all the insurance paper work & the car should be ready in another 3 days odd.
The front bumper is scratched & dislodged so there will be no work there, he did say 50% depreciation on the rear bumper replacement. Anyways, just hope the lines on the car are aligned near to original status.
Hope the damage on my wallet is not heavy!! Will post the costs later.
Cheers & drive safe, & look out for morons posing a potential hazard, that adds in to the brainless & blind pedestrians, rickshawallas, 2 wheelers, goats, dogs, buffalo's, cows, etc etc....
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:46   #21
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but I want to know why mb_jg should claim payment from his insurance company? Ideally, this should come from the insurance company of Trax that hit him from behind (provided, he has insured his own vehicle with third party insurance included). To mb_jg's benefit, his has also lodged an FIR which should help in this case.

Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

I know I am replying late to this thread, but its just that I read the thread today.

Also on good note, it was certainly good to read that mb_jg did not get hurt in the incident.

takecare and drive safely

rkavthekar
Indica DLS - 86K - 17kmpl - Pune
Old 11th June 2008, 02:04   #22

Hey mb_jg,

Glad you are all right...I can understand the trauma you must have gone through...Anyways thank god you are safe and sound and the car is being taken care of...In case you have problems with insurance, do let me know. I can refer you to the best in business to take care of it. Wish you a speedy recovery from the trauma and hope you get your sweet ride back soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks