Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 11:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
These levelling headlights level your wallet as well .. I heard the non-levelling ones are about 2-3k !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nope - 5-6 k each for non leveling. Also expensive as these are (I am guessing) SGP from Japan.
@spadival you are near. The EURO II non-levelling lamps cost around Rs. 1800 each. Yes they are that cheap. I recently found out that WagonR headlights a slightly more expensive than that.

And yes, they can be bought separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The whole list looks atrocious with the prices mentioned.

The leveling headlamps aren't that costly and its about 13k odd a pair. I just got these changed on my car recently under warranty.
Riju, the EIII lamp prices were reduced by around 50% recently. They used to cost 10K+ each. This car was repaired a while back, hence the old rates.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope - 5-6 k each for non leveling. Also expensive as these are (I am guessing) SGP from Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@spadival you are near. The EURO II non-levelling lamps cost around Rs. 1800 each. Yes they are that cheap. I recently found out that WagonR headlights a slightly more expensive than that.
IronWolf, I think you (or rather your insurance company) got cheated as well. Even I had enquired about the cost of the Baleno non-levelling headlights and I was quoted a figure of around 2k. Eventually, I didnt have to replace it as the A.S.S was able to fix the old one with Araldite
Old 29th May 2008, 13:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And yes, they can be bought separately.

Riju, the EIII lamp prices were reduced by around 50% recently. They used to cost 10K+ each. This car was repaired a while back, hence the old rates.
What, 1800rs for non levelling ?

Our car is E-III version ( 91bhp ) with levelling headlights. Waht is suppossed to be the cost. Is it that I am taken for a ride by Vadodara dealer ?

Quote:
IronWolf, I think you (or rather your insurance company) got cheated as well. Even I had enquired about the cost of the Baleno non-levelling headlights and I was quoted a figure of around 2k. Eventually, I didnt have to replace it as the A.S.S was able to fix the old one with Araldite
Again 1800-2000rs for non levelling.
And our E-III Baleno Levelling headlights costed Rs 10352.98 a unit i.e. Rs 20705.96 for a pair ?
I am speechless now.
If possible please give the prices of E-III levelling headamp cost.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th May 2008 at 13:23.
Old 29th May 2008, 13:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@spadival you are near. The EURO II non-levelling lamps cost around Rs. 1800 each. Yes they are that cheap.
Riju, the EIII lamp prices were reduced by around 50% recently.
Quote:
I did not have to change my headlights thankfully. The rate I quoted is the rate I asked the workshop. "If it broke how much would it be" Also on some other thread I read it to be about 5k. Then again Hearsay ..

Goswami getting it for 10k each is certainly
Old 29th May 2008, 13:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not have to change my headlights thankfully. The rate I quoted is the rate I asked the workshop. "If it broke how much would it be" Also on some other thread I read it to be about 5k. Then again Hearsay ..
5K for levelling or non levelling ?

Quote:
Goswami getting it for 10k each is certainly
I am still in shock after reading that 2K is the price for non levelling.
But again is it that 2K each or lets say 5K each will result into 10K for a pair. We managed or rather were compelled to spend Rs. 20.7K for a pair.
Old 29th May 2008, 13:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What, 1800rs for non levelling ?

Our car is E-III version ( 91bhp ) with levelling headlights. Waht is suppossed to be the cost. Is it that I am taken for a ride by Vadodara dealer ?

Again 1800-2000rs for non levelling.
And our E-III Baleno Levelling headlights costed Rs 10352.98 a unit i.e. Rs 20705.96 for a pair ?
I am speechless now.
If possible please give the prices of E-III levelling headamp cost.
You have not been taken for a ride.

The levelling lamps used to cost what you paid. ie 10+12.5% VAT each. Around 11K+ each.

This price was reduced recently to around 5K+12.5% VAT each. Around 6K+ each. This is what @rjstyles mentioned.

The non-levelling lamps cost 1.7-1.8K each. They can be fitted on a EIII car. The levelling switch on the dash, would not work of course.

I needed to change the lamps on my EIII car, after it was flooded and the reflectors were damaged. Athough insurance was paying it would have covered only 50%. So for levelling lamps I would have paid 50% of the bill ie 11K-12K ish. Also, I was told that insurance would cover only OEM replacements. ie, they would not cover non-levelling lamps on a car that had levelling lamps.

I decided not to take insurance, paid from my pocket and replaced with non-levelling lamps for around 3.6K (pair).

Another factor for this choice was - I had never needed/used the levelling feature, so couldn't justify paying so much extra for that feature.

Edit: Here's a recent snap of my car with the EII lamps. Replaced in Oct 2007.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post843259

Last edited by shuvc : 29th May 2008 at 13:53.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Guys its true even for Alto the older ones costed Rs 800 per piece & the new ones with clear lens & levelling Device costs 38xx.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
The non-levelling lamps cost 1.7-1.8K each. They can be fitted on a EIII car. The levelling switch on the dash, would not work of course.

My recent experience,

The headlamp assembly at the ASC costs above 5K. (SGP)
The headlamp assembly at a spares shop costs - 1.8k.

To be doubly sure, these are the one and the same (SGP) headlamp assemblies.

The spare shop ordered the unit from the ASC. Can you beat that ?

My deduction, If you buy it from ASC - 5k, from a spares shop - 1.8k.
CONFIRMED.

The ASC in my case was Sai Service near Andheri Flyover and the Spares shop is Prakash Automobiles near Milan subway.

So, Mumbaiites. You know where to go ?
Old 29th May 2008, 17:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc:

Got your point.

@technocrat:
I never knew the cost of headlamps go so high, given their dismissal performance.

our car costed 7.2Lakh on the road and the repair was 1.17lakh. This is surprising.

the grille cost was also too much that too for Model upto Jan 2003.
This is the low point.

@mayurpalav:
Next time ( god forbid ) if at all i require these, I will also inquire elsewhere.

Note the grille presently we have ( also paid for the logo ). It has taken some charm away from car. We bought this colour only because the chrome grille looks good on this color. They gave us this grille and now I feel that the car has lost the original looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Crash (relatively Small)-290508_1702.jpg  

Old 29th May 2008, 17:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

I did not change my grill inspite of crack as I did not want to pay 50% of the cost which insurance would not cover just for a cracked grill.

OT. I got a Good grill from the Gujili for Rs.200 and cut it up to put a mesh on it. (Still trying to find a good mesh :( )

Am running a slightly cracked grill. The new Grill costs about 7k.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not change my grill inspite of crack as I did not want to pay 50% of the cost which insurance would not cover just for a cracked grill.

OT. I got a Good grill from the Gujili for Rs.200 and cut it up to put a mesh on it. (Still trying to find a good mesh :( )

Am running a slightly cracked grill. The new Grill costs about 7k.
Is it that the chromed grille is not avaliable now ?
I really miss that grille.

It costed us something around 6.6K.

Can you confirm whether the new grille costing 7K ( as mentioned by you) is chromed one ?
Old 29th May 2008, 18:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
The headlamp assembly at the ASC costs above 5K. (SGP)
The headlamp assembly at a spares shop costs - 1.8k.

My deduction, If you buy it from ASC - 5k, from a spares shop - 1.8k.
Are you sure they were the same sets? From the prices, it seems that ASC was quoting for the EIII ones, and spares shop ordered for the EII lamps. ASCs stock both types. The lamps are identical from the front. The only difference is the levelling motor, fitted in the black plastic moulding behind the lamp.

I had asked about the grille and was quoted 6.6K. Not sure if it's the old or the new one. If the grill is damaged, IMO it's better to get a nice custom mesh grille done from a body shop. Should surely be cheaper.
Old 29th May 2008, 18:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1.17 is not too much. I had a similar intensity accident in the indica couple of years back, and it cost 96K, with 16K out of my pocket. AC was not damaged then
Things like radiator, headlights, bumper, grill, fenders and host of other minor parts add to the whole bill.
Moreover since insurance is paying everything, the dealers try and get everything replaced.
Similar crash last June of my Wagon R came upto 75K. Here the bill was lesser as i know the supervisor at the A.S.S personally and they did not try to bully in with unecessary replacements of parts.
Old 29th May 2008, 19:18   #44
BHPian

Just wanted to convey my relief that no one was seriously injured.
And I agree with you, seatbelts are a must.
Old 29th May 2008, 19:54   #45
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Yes done that and also replied to you.
Check again,one more msg for you my friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks