Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 12:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

What I've still not fathomed till date is that why my wife and daughter, instead of being scared or apprehensive, were laughing away at the antics of the father-son duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Arey waah!! GD, that makes a brilliant tamil movie scene. Nice narrating skills too!!
And will a certain Rajni or a Hassan make this into a record-breaking movie and share the spoils with me? I want to fulfill my desire of owning a H2.

Last edited by gd1418 : 26th June 2008 at 12:34.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

All those who are actually against carrying a "weapon" should first land themselves in a situation where the other person is on the verge of using some weapon of his own on you.

When the scene gets ugly, no one listens to your pleadings or sorrys, because then it becomes and ego issue, and no one would be willing to back-off.

Those who say that there is always someone with a bigger and better weapon who will counter your "small" weapon - you think that having a no weapon instead of a small weapon would actually change the "bigger and better weapon" aggressor to think and act differently?
Old 26th June 2008, 12:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Offense anyway is the best form in defense in life threatning situations.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:49   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
All those who are actually against carrying a "weapon" should first land themselves in a situation where the other person is on the verge of using some weapon of his own on you.
There is very little chance that the other person knows how to use the weapon he is carrying. I would just take the weapon away from him. It is easy to figure out the proficiency just by looking at how the weapon is held, unless he is feigning.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:55   #65
BHPian

whatever weapon we use against such people remember we can handle max 2 people. Now these people can bring their own clan (read gang) which could be anywhere from 10 or more people and now what? you are clearly outnumbered,helpless and the only thing you can do is flee a.s.a.p.

So i think the best thing to do is to keep your cool and keep away from such situations and even if it happens , say sorry (even if it is not your fault) and get away . It is best not to get involved.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When the scene gets ugly, no one listens to your pleadings or sorrys, because then it becomes and ego issue, and no one would be willing to back-off.
Yes agree with you. Mostly its ego that leads to bigger problems.

Quote:

Those who say that there is always someone with a bigger and better weapon who will counter your "small" weapon - you think that having a no weapon instead of a small weapon would actually change the "bigger and better weapon" aggressor to think and act differently?
I agree with you, one must have a weapon and mostly it should be sophisticated revolver. This will solve most of the problems.
But here you are loosing on public symphathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

There is very little chance that the other person knows how to use the weapon he is carrying. I would just take the weapon away from him. It is easy to figure out the proficiency just by looking at how the weapon is held, unless he is feigning.
Are you sure you can take that weapon away from him/her ? If one is not outnumbered, they its OK, but if out numbered, then what ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post

whatever weapon we use against such people remember we can handle max 2 people. Now these people can bring their own clan (read gang) which could be anywhere from 10 or more people and now what? you are clearly outnumbered,helpless and the only thing you can do is flee a.s.a.p.
This is, IMO, running away from problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post

So i think the best thing to do is to keep your cool and keep away from such situations and even if it happens , say sorry (even if it is not your fault) and get away . It is best not to get involved.

No offense, but not standing up for your rights is not good. We must have courage to stand and fight. We can say sorry once, or twice, but then the world is noot good. If you say sorry and the opposite person would mostly feel " This is a weak personality, lets fight with him " . Then what will be the solution ?
Old 26th June 2008, 14:46   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Are you sure you can take that weapon away from him/her ? If one is not outnumbered, they its OK, but if out numbered, then what ?
Absolutely nothing in a street fight can be taken for sure. If one is outnumbered, the strategy will be different, but again it may or may not work. That is why street fights are a bad thing, the outcome is never guaranteed, weapon or no weapon.

Last edited by Samurai : 26th June 2008 at 14:47.
Old 26th June 2008, 15:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I agree with you, one must have a weapon and mostly it should be sophisticated revolver. This will solve most of the problems.
Owning a gun is good for self defense i do agree but two things :

1.It is difficult fotr everybody to own a gun (legally).

2.Also as someone in this thread has pointed out,"Road rage fights do not qualify for self defense".

So assuming you accidentally pull the trigger it will solve the problem at that instant, but a bigger problem awaits, of that of going to jail
blip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2008, 16:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Absolutely nothing in a street fight can be taken for sure. If one is outnumbered, the strategy will be different, but again it may or may not work. That is why street fights are a bad thing, the outcome is never guaranteed, weapon or no weapon.
One thing that can be guaranteed about street fights is that the things would be ugly as will be outcome.
I am against street fights now for the above mentioned reason of things getting ugly.
Old 27th June 2008, 00:06   #70
BHPian

I think pepper spray is an ideal "weapon" if you can call it that. Having a gun is not good, in a fit of rage, you'll use it if you have it and regret it later.
Any idea where I can buy Pepper Spray in Mumbai ???

Regarding other weapons : Iron rods, steel rods etc these would be in play only when the situtation has gone beyond sanity. Like the other guy just comes out of his car and makes you a punching bag before you can even apologize. Such weapons should be, if at all, used only when the opposition is the kind that don't like to talk. Even if you're having a heated verbal argument bringing weapons into play isn't cool. Guns are out of question. Anyone in mumbai in the past week would know what happens when you shoot someone, forget the legal hassles, it becomes a community thing.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post

Anyone in mumbai in the past week would know what happens when you shoot someone, forget the legal hassles, it becomes a community thing.

Here any small brushup leads to this.
Having gun is a great thing to have, the only point, use it only when someone opposite to you is trying to use his gun on you.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I want to fulfill my desire of owning a H2.
OMG, the power of MEDIA!!
You do know gd, that an H2 will not take you too far, other than the status value!
You're best off with the jolly ol' Safaris and Scorpios!
Old 27th June 2008, 15:08   #73
BHPian

HATTORI HANZO KATANA! and Uma Thurman next to you. Guaranteed to quell any road rage
vikram18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2008, 16:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I want to fulfill my desire of owning a H2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
OMG, the power of MEDIA!!
You do know gd, that an H2 will not take you too far, other than the status value!
You're best off with the jolly ol' Safaris and Scorpios!
I agree, I drove one recently & to call it a disappointment would be an understatement on the highest order. Pure junk costing 1.2 Cr unless you want to be a poser!
Old 28th June 2008, 00:23   #75
BHPian

Pepper Spray owners in mumbai, where did you get your can from??

This thread mentions a few sites where you can order online but I'd like to get one from a physically located shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks