Team-BHP - The Ambulance trick!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   The Ambulance trick! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/40293-ambulance-trick.html)

I was driving through a busy Hosur Road towards silkboard junction from e-City in Blr 2 days back. The traffic was very slow moving. Suddenly I could hear a loud siren from my back and see some flashing lights on a vehicle which looked like an ambulance through my rear view mirror. On the next very chance, I swereved to the left so that it could pass me. Many other vehicles also made way to it, probably thinking the same. As the vehicle was overtaking me, I noticed that it is not an ambulance but a BMW recovery service van!!! :Shockked:

What crap?!! :Frustrati Do everyone on the road has to suffer just because a BMW just broke down somewhere? Can such a vehicle could use a beacon light and a loud siren?

I think this is not legal,you just cannot do this to public just for a piece of IRON junk got stalled on the road.

since someone bought this up once there was a real ambulance and same pattern everyone was trying to give way, i guess i did too. after he got the clear he put his alarm off and drove away normally. even cops do that i have seen it several times. specially in crowded places. juhu and lokhandwala famous for this

Crap!! I wouldn't have said it otherwise, but the siren & lights make his intentions very clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 846111)
since someone bought this up once there was a real ambulance and same pattern everyone was trying to give way, i guess i did too. after he got the clear he put his alarm off and drove away normally. even cops do that i have seen it several times. specially in crowded places. juhu and lokhandwala famous for this

Ive noticed this quite a few times,so what do we call this "Full Utilization of the Resources" (FUR...rrrrrrrrr from the traffic jam) lol:

I dont think that is legal. But i guess the Beemers name does not get the cops attention lol:

may be they are promoting sheer servicing pleasure

Recovery vans can have yellow beacons but no sirens.

I would never budge for a yellow strobed car.

Yet i know some people who have sirens for the sake of getting way on

highways especially for buses and trucks.

In a country where every damn politician, bureaucrat and even their extended families have a red sirened vehicle,

where i have seen over inflated egos and rouge driving

just because you have a vehicle registration number that resembles VIP.

I am sure you can pass this incident off.

I always make a bad wish for someone who acts this way on road, who

knows it might hit them :), sometime it just helps me cool off.:uncontrol

This is really unacceptable. If such recovery vans or the real ambulance vans also start playing trick. soon there will be days where we see people not giving way for Ambulance even when there is an emergency

Every second safari/scorpio/bolero has got red light and siren here in Gurgaon. Everybody is politician here and all are VIPs.

I really hate them, they use siren just to make way :deadhorse

Here in Hyderabad, one doesn't even need a siren to make others get out of the way - all you have to do is honk constantly. I face this almost everyday while coming back from work in the choc-a-bloc stretch at Madhapur. Some moron inevitably will be coming from behind with the horn pressed. Others just clear out of the way out of irritation.

:OT but, I would gladly give way to a recovery vehicle rather than a VIP.stupid:

There are only two types of vehicles with siren for whom i make way:
1) Ambulance
2) Fire extinguisher vehicles ( rarely ply in vadodara )

Once I braked very hard so that an Ambulace can pass the junction. I had fight with Bus driver behind me that why i braked hard.

The utilization of Siren is now very common and even relatives of relatives of VIP can use sirens. They make their intentions very clear that they are arrogant and useless persons and using sirens to make their way.

Again the good and disciplined people are to suffer here.

VIP's hardly use sirens . Mostly, they just have the red strobe light on. If I were a VIP, I wouldnt want an ear splitting siren at an arm's length while I am travelling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 846457)
2) Fire extinguisher vehicles ( rarely ply in vadodara )

You mean a fire engine? :D

The question of giving way does not arise at all in case of a non-ambulance/Fire truck. Even the cops are not supposed to use it in non-emergency situations.

I say you should stop them and call the cops. The cops are supposed to penalise any unauthorised person using the beacon & the siren.:deadhorse