Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 00:49   #1
BHPian

A sweet Hatrick !!!!!

For the first time in my life, I came back home after a long drive from office feeling light and good.

OK here is the story

I have to pass through the DRDO(Defence organization). There was hell lot of traffic, as this road is used by general public. Today there was a huge jam , a kind of jam where people squuze from left and push out on to the vehicles comming from opposite side. I was somehomw managing to keep my cool and be within the boundreis of my lane.

Then the fun starts
An Ikon (HR-xx regd), drives in the opposite direction, followed by an santro. This guy in his forties (the hero of this story), goes up to the Ikon guy and makes his reverse all the way to the back, almost 200 mts. This santro guy somehow manages to nudges and takes the brunt and ire of everyone coming from the opposite direction. He nudges very close to my car looking distressed, I looked at him and gestured that he should may be fly. I couldnt believe he APOLOGISED for the mistake. All I did was gave way to him.

Then there comes a very important vehicle again in the wrong lane. It has a beacon switched on, So someone important is driving and stops next to me and waiting to proceed. This Hero had the audacity to open the car door and starts yelling at the driver. I was zapped, someone from inside said (I heard faintly MP, MLA or someone of that clan) who he was. He advised this VIP to make sure his driver drives properly and advised him that he should set an example to others. To my surprise this VIP car tucks in to the correct lane. At the exit of DRDO, i saw a cop waving frantically to let that car through. All the way till I reached home , i saw this beacon way behind in traffic, unable to do anything.

I thought, we still live in a sane world

ok, a hatrick
1st Ikon guy forced to withdraw and goes back all the way behind the queue for his arrogance
2nd someone accepting his mistake in traffic and taking responsibility
3rd an VIP vehicle with beacon glowing made to follow rule

Whoever that person who controlled the situation Hats off to you.
evo8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2008, 07:37   #2
BHPian

evo8, what happened is a very welcome thing. I've heard of a couple of similar instances.

Usually all it requires is someone to voice his opinion. But how many of us actually do what that driver did to VIP car?

We have this inbuilt notion of not taking panga with VIPs or beacon carred people.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:42   #3
BHPian

evo.....i assume you stay in kaggadaspura..right?
Old 30th May 2008, 14:25   #4
BHPian

3 in a day? Something is wrong with the universe
Old 30th May 2008, 15:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nothing special man.

I have a friend (now in USA) whose done the same in Hiranandani Powai.He singlehandedly (with me driving his indigo) cleared up the mess that happens outside the societies near BG house. He does that often whenever he gets pissed by some really a---- drivers.

Was good fun. Full on abuses to the dudes/dudettes in wrong lane, and warm pleasant appreciation to those patiently in their lanes.

Best was when a lady coming wrong side said:
Her: how dare you come in front and talk to me in this tone. I will report you to police blah blah.
Him: The constable is there. Go and report me. Just park your car on the correct side, or I'll do it for you.
Her: Speechless. Moves into correct lane.
Old 30th May 2008, 21:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

3 in a row - yep something sure is wrong !

I was going from Saki Naka to Ghatkopar via Asalfa (don't ask me why !)

Everyone is driving patiently in the lane (1 lane each way) and suddenly from behind a Santro comes on the wrong side and overtakes 3-4 cars including mine before getting back into the correct lane because of a BEST bus. I knew some smart alec will follow him soon and voila a alto jumps out of the lane and as he nears me - there is a car opposite him, so he tries to sneak in in front of me - I refuse and stick my nose close to the auto in front of me.

Somehow the alto gets out and again tries to come in front of me - I loose it this time - and scare him by turning my steering right, he brakes and I partially block him and ask the autos on the left to go ahead.

And when I see a bus coming in the opposite direction, I leave at the right moment with lots of cars behind me and the alto is stuck in front of an irate BEST bus driver

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks