Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 20:56   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
So, i am the one in BLUE, waiting patiently at the Red light like a civilized citizen. As soon as the light turns Green, this joker in RED comes from behind and cuts it only to block the road further ahead.

He wins - I lose - because - I still end up waiting because by now the light is already RED again.
Sad, but thats how it always turn out. We Indians on road are (like) sheep- got to be herded, monitored, routed and enclosed by fences on sides to make us move in an orderly fashion.
I just now saw(its raining cats and dogs here) a huge jam ending in a deadlock at a circle near my house. The vehicles were packed bumper to bumper and all honking like mad with nowhere to go and an ambulance stuck in middle waling his siren
It's like we are in stone age when it comes to civic sense.
Old 31st May 2008, 21:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

my IDIOT friend did something like the red line in a TVS Victor - Too bad the blue line was a loaded truck. My friend had no time to pass thru the gap between the median and truck and had to brake and keep his left foot down - LEFT???

yup - too bad his left heel opened up like a coconut smashed for Ganpathi-Ji - I had literally find a old plastic cover lying on the road - dump what ever was left of his leg (it did not look so), grab a auto guy and rush him into emergency in Sagar Appolo - Jayanagar. After 2 HUGE surgery;s and 6 months of bed rest later - 3 years on - he still cannot wear formal shoes - got a modded soft sport shoe - cut in between vertically - did a velcro job and made to look like a normal shoe.

I still get the shiver passing thru the junction.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:45   #48
BHPian

A typical wait for turn

This is a typical wait in signal in Bangalore. Almost everyone does it, in spite of the police managing the junction. Why do people do this? The problem is that if somebody wants to make a U turn or if the signal opens from the other waiting side, that is it!!
Attached Images

Last edited by opendro : 20th June 2008 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks