Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 18:56   #31
BANNED

When someone tries to help you in Bangalore beware.
Old 30th May 2008, 19:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
When someone tries to help you in Bangalore beware.
Unless that 'someone' proves himself to be a true team-bhpian

Regarding the lost IDs, one of my relatives had gone through trouble after the stolen ID cards were misused by the 'unknown'. Filing an FIR will always stand as a clean proof of the event, which will help for sure.

Having the spare key with a stranger gives restless nights too ! Best option would be to check and compare the cost and practicality of both: changing the lock system completely or a tamper-proof immobilizer.
Old 30th May 2008, 19:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

1st thought - Oh no, not again, How many times have I seen this situation on TV, news paper, Emails - now a fellow bhpian!!

2nd - No way this happens 1Km from my home sweet home...

Sorry buddy - but sad to say it was your fault - always remain over cautious when you come out of a bank especially.
Old 30th May 2008, 21:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

guys this incident happened with a lady near the silk board junction just a week or so ago I think..so maybe its a BTM centred gang!
Old 30th May 2008, 21:32   #35
BHPian

hi
i am really sorry about your loss well 25k is not easy to earn

these things are really happeing now a days

2 days back my elder brother was in the same situation

thanks to god allmighty managed not get robbed or should i say Conned!
it seems 2 men near st marks road tried conning him by telling him the rear left tyre was punctured he parked at the side these 2 buggers
tried diverting his attention from the car but he caught one trying to get in to the car and the other on ran away ,he almost beat him to death(my brother is a regualr to gym from couple of years now so his punch does makes a lot of difference have experienced it my self once) him and then sent him to the police station i guess to ashoknagar police station i guess.

by the way he has returning from the bank after withdrawing a large sum of money and i guess they noted him down from there and tried conning him

so the moral is even if soem one diverts you when loaded keep your eyes and senses open for conmen

Last edited by alias : 30th May 2008 at 21:33.
Old 30th May 2008, 23:06   #36
BANNED

"You can cheat some people all the time or all the people some of the time.."
How many times should it happen, tell me how many times before ... people are just way too ...
Old 30th May 2008, 23:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about this sad incident Aburagohain

These gangs usually target people leaving the bank etc.

But please get your locks changed and FIR/affidavit thing done ASAP so as to stay clear of any malpractices in future.
Old 31st May 2008, 00:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Eish!! Very sorry to hear that mate... These damn robbers in the guise of samaritans are becoming more and more nowadays.
Dont worry about the Pan card and Licence... You can get them re-issued. Also as suggested by many users, keep your original DL, Pan card at home and always carry a color xerox copy of the same. Would save you time and energy from such smart alecs!!!
Old 31st May 2008, 00:25   #39
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear that!
There are tons of threads like these on Team-BHP and after reading a few you will be more skeptical of anyone trying to help (sadly?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
... so I stopped at the petrol bunk that comes on the BTM main road and got down...
Any chance they have video cameras and got the bike number?

cya
R
Old 31st May 2008, 00:35   #40
BHPian

arindambasu13, Sorry about the incident! We all know how it feels to be cheated and it really makes you feel stupid but get over it and try to be careful next time.
Old 31st May 2008, 03:07   #41
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident. Regarding getting a duplicate pan card you can call this toll free number of IT department and they should be able to guide you - 0124 - 2438000.

In case if you have your existing PAN number (you should be having it somewhere in your work place where you might have updated it or it will be present in the FORM 16 which your employer will provide every year) you can contact any auditor and pay them around 200 or 300 rupees and provide your PAN number. They should help you in getting a duplicate PAN card.

Dude, please lodge a police complaint. 25k is not a small amount. Try whatever is possible from your end.
Old 31st May 2008, 03:17   #42
BHPian

You also have one more way to find your PAN number if you dont have a record of it. This link https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...an/knowpan.jsp will help you in knowing your existing pan number provided you type all the details correctly as you had mentioned in the application form while applying for the PAN card initially.
Old 31st May 2008, 07:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
- Jaguar

P.S. Why do you need to carry the original DL with you always? I just carry a colour photo-copy and the cops don't even know the difference.
If its in a booklet format, you would have to carry along the original one.
IN case your exiting card type licence(photocopy) gets lost, it is always recommended to file and FIR with the police. I know of a case, where he didnt bother to do so, and his old license was found at an accident hit and run scenario. He had a tough time explaining to the police it was not he who had caused the accident. If he had filed an FIR, he could have shown hat his license was indeed lost
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about the incident, buddy. There have been many such cases which have been reported in the newspapers, and one should be quite alert under such circumstances.

I still didnt understand why the locks need to be changed. Did i miss something?
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I still didnt understand why the locks need to be changed. Did i miss something?
Ben his spare car key was in the handbag which got flicked. If those buggers can locate his car, stealing his safari would be a cakewalk !!

Last edited by jango : 2nd June 2008 at 12:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks