Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:42   #46
Team-BHP Support

Jango, thanks for pointing that out. Despite reading his post again, it didnt dawn on me. Guess i overlooked.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

thats too bad...

Something similar happened to one of my friend when a group, told him that 100Rs notes falling from the left hand side rear gate of the car. And they did dropped few notes, may be duplicate. As my friend walked out to check the notes, they disappeared with his laptop on the rear seat.
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:05   #48
BHPian

guys, thanks to you all for your valuable suggestions, went ahead and got the police reporting thing finally done today evening. took me an affidavit to be made listing all items lost and finally was handed an acknowledgement that the loss was reported, no fir and i too left it at that after 3 hours at the station, the ack serves my purpose, to get the duplicates done and to indemnify myself in case of identity misuse.

making do right at the moment with a steering-clutch lock, will go and get the lock+ignition changed sometime soon alongwith an immobilizer, haven't been able to decide on which to go for yet, reading through the threads on the forum regarding the same. btw, the lock+ignition change will cost 4.5k as quoted by concorde.

thanks again, i learned my lesson for the lifetime, had been reading up all sorts of forwarded mails all the while but it had to be learnt the hard way, no regrets anymore, life goes on. urge all of you to be careful with your daily commutes too, watch out for overtly helpful hands, they may be trying to reach deeper than the obvious.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:41   #49
BHPian

Good thinking to put it behind. You have not lost too much anyway, though substantial.
Old 3rd June 2008, 04:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

@aburagohain - Proof of PAN is not required anymore for re-issue or correction of any detail on the card. You can just apply online and pay by credit card, then send the form by courier to the mentioned address(somebody gave you the link) and voila! the card reaches you in about 2-3 weeks.

Regarding license, if you know the DL number and it is on the acknowledgement from police, go the RTO who issued the DL and apply for a duplicate. Should be done in a couple of days. I got mine from Jaynagar RTO without any greasing.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:20   #51
BHPian

Same thing happend to me. I got my pan, however as my good fortune would have it my wife had safely kept the letter that had come along with the PAN card. That helped me a lot as one needs to fill in the same way with exact same details to get the PAN card.

Approach any CA and he should get you the card in no time at all. I guess the cost is about 60 bucks.

I'd replaced the locks for my Wagon R when this happened and it had cost me some where about 800 bucks.

lsjey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks