Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 16:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Whoa this is one helluva experience. Glad no one was injured and that the service center covered the expenses. You should write a letter to M&M to highlight the negligence on the part of the service center. This could have turned out to be a nasty one if not for luck and God's grace. Take care buddy.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

You are lucky that all came out safe. This is the best part.
And M&M must come to know about this incident.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:56   #33
BHPian

Hell, this is outrageous and these company's talk about global benchmarking in service. OMG
Old 18th June 2008, 13:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
That is very scary What did service had to say about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I am surprised that the service center waived off Rs. 35000.
Somehow, I had missed this thread!
Gosh, what a scary incident!
Regardless of words, the service centre ACCEPTED liability by not charging. But is that a saving grace at all???
Old 18th June 2008, 13:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Somehow, I had missed this thread!
Gosh, what a scary incident!
Regardless of words, the service centre ACCEPTED liability by not charging. But is that a saving grace at all???
This could have been potentially fatal but due to some good deeds of the occupants they were safe. Had something gone wrong, would you take it as a face saving exercise on part of the ASC? I would not. Therefore, no amount of excuses or good will gestures can justify this. This is gross negligence and demands the strictest of actions on the part of the management at M&M. I would have the same thing to say had it been any other company.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
This is gross negligence and demands the strictest of actions on the part of the management at M&M. I would have the same thing to say had it been any other company.
I am in full agreement! Makers cannot absolve themselves from the responsibility by saying these are franchisees or whatever! The buck MUST stop at the maker!

Last edited by anupmathur : 18th June 2008 at 13:32.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quite scary to even imagine. But didnt the vehicle go down on the rear left when the tyre ran off? Or did it manage to balance tself on 3 wheels?

On a lighter note, that would have been one technology-laden 3 wheeler.
The vehicle did go down of the side the tire fell off. That was what was causing all the sparks and smoke. On the good side however, the vehicle is so heavy and sturdy it held itself quite well and remained under control.

I'd also like to clarify that despite this incident I'm still in love with the Scorpio mHawk. This is an amazing vehicle and despite initial reservations I now believe the Rs. 11.6 lakh we paid for it is a very good price. (To all current and ex-Scorpio owners who can't believe what makes the mHawk so expensive ... take a test drive. The longer you drive it the more impressed you will be).
Old 24th June 2008, 14:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivtho View Post
The vehicle did go down of the side the tire fell off. That was what was causing all the sparks and smoke. On the good side however, the vehicle is so heavy and sturdy it held itself quite well and remained under control.

I'd also like to clarify that despite this incident I'm still in love with the Scorpio mHawk. This is an amazing vehicle and despite initial reservations I now believe the Rs. 11.6 lakh we paid for it is a very good price. (To all current and ex-Scorpio owners who can't believe what makes the mHawk so expensive ... take a test drive. The longer you drive it the more impressed you will be).
i agree to that vivtho. i was quite upset when i faced issues like the vibrating gear lever and that "whoa" sound from my car, but the more i drive it, the more it makes me fall in love with it!
i have been experiencing the sturdiness of this SUV for the past 5 years.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Silliest of errors could have ended with a huge price. Thank God nothing serious happened.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

yes, the two points which i hate about mahindra is their interior plastic quality and their A.S.S. while i can live with the former, they really have a long way to go when it comes to servicing standards. while its not bad, wish it was more to toyota or hyundai levels atleast!
Old 24th June 2008, 17:17   #41
BHPian

Hi Vivtho,

Good to know that no personal injuries to anyone!! Your incident reminds me of the incident that I myself experienced way back in 1978. My family had gone to Mahabaleshwar in Fiat (old fame!!) and on our way back in pachgani-wai ghats, the tyre on rear left had come loose. One of the passing by vehicle alerted us in time. Dad, fixed the tyre before it came loose averting major tragedy on the ghats. This was almost 30 years back and I very vividly remember the incident.

Yester years car had issue arround reliability. But technology and reliabilty of new cars has changed dramatically. I am surprised to hear this issue with new scorpio

Rajesh K
Indica DLS 87K 17kmpl Pune

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks