Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 20:35   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As regards increase in traffic, people are avoiding the Durgam route, as it is filled with slush and an undulating road, caused by an over-flowing sewer.
Great! So that's the result of 1.5 months of work on the drainage system on that road keeping it closed for that long and creating hell in the neighboring routes. Really, awesome!
Old 26th September 2008, 17:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Great! So that's the result of 1.5 months of work on the drainage system on that road keeping it closed for that long and creating hell in the neighboring routes. Really, awesome!
Welcome to India, dear friend. Life is 'like that only'
Old 26th September 2008, 17:49   #78
BHPian

Quote:
You bet! I too am eagerly waiting for that day!

As regards increase in traffic, people are avoiding the Durgam route, as it is filled with slush and an undulating road, caused by an over-flowing sewer.
Vnabhi not only that , closed under bridge route to KPHB opened this weak. The route to Hitech city railway station is close for about 20 for repairs near the under bridge.Till few days back when this bridge is closed we used to come to Mind space Via Miyapur – knodapur – Hiech city (It take 14 Km from KPHB) .Now it’s a straight road to KPBH ( It will be only 7 km from mind space.) that’s why heavy traffic @ Hitec city cross roads
When am coming from via Miyapur – knodapur – Hiech city my Verna CRDi given me only 10km /L , and that too some time it take more than 2 hours to cover
Old 13th November 2008, 20:50   #79
BHPian

Here is a quick update and good news

1. Traffic has settled down and is very less these days- thanks to the road widening near shilparamam and Cyber towers.

2. there is new road coming up from Durgam Cheru lake... it comes out to the main road. My guess is it will be open for public by Jan.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post

1. Traffic has settled down and is very less these days- thanks to the road widening near shilparamam and Cyber towers.

2. there is new road coming up from Durgam Cheru lake... it comes out to the main road. My guess is it will be open for public by Jan.
I wish the elections would come more thick and fast for such useful work to keep on happening. Good to know these updates.

Has the KFC outlet near Shilparamam opened? They have a takeaway, right? Wouldn't that create a new traffic mess?
Old 14th November 2008, 12:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post

Where on earth is that? Where does it merge with the main road? A map would help.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I wish the elections would come more thick and fast for such useful work to keep on happening. Good to know these updates.

Has the KFC outlet near Shilparamam opened? They have a takeaway, right? Wouldn't that create a new traffic mess?
Did a drive through take away yesterday evening .. did nt see much of a hassle there ,it was the usual @ cyber tower signal as it always is! if you come from gateway then it ain't difficult ,prb is when u want to take a right to get into kfc when come from cyber towers !
Old 20th November 2008, 11:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

to avoid all these issues at Hitech city, I have joined a company which has another office on Nizampet road.. I am just kiddin! Till we develop some civic sense coupled with some honest government, we shall struggle!
Isnt it amazing to note that none of the roads have even been recarpeted from last 5 years or so?? it can only happen in INDIA!!
Old 20th November 2008, 17:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Isnt it amazing to note that none of the roads have even been recarpeted from last 5 years or so?? it can only happen in INDIA!!
Yeah it was not the case when our own Babu was ruling... hope he wins this time.

But i have noticed that the traffic sense has improved in the city these days... and i have seen some autowalas following the rules as well
Old 28th November 2008, 13:06   #85
BHPian

Hey, what's happening near Shilaramam? Looks like they are constructing a flyover to connect with either Kukatpally road or Kothaguda. I am not sure if this construction is going to bring back some nightmares but the end result should be good.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, what's happening near Shilaramam? Looks like they are constructing a flyover to connect with either Kukatpally road or Kothaguda. I am not sure if this construction is going to bring back some nightmares but the end result should be good.
i think its the one towards kukatpally which they are constructing..

as they say" please bear with us for a better tomorrow"

in other words be ready for a year long traffic jam @ cyber towers red light!during office/go to home hrs

this morning @ 10am ,there was slow movement (bumper to bumper) from cyber towers till gateway...
Old 28th November 2008, 15:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where on earth is that? Where does it merge with the main road? A map would help.
This new road joins behind iLabs building. I saw it only yesterday and it's still under construction.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Bad days are here again. Those @#*&*@@# guys have closed the Durgam Cheruvu road again,without any warning at the entrance near Madhapur police station.
I was caught off guard today,and had to painfully divert via Cyber Towers. The additional 3 kms took 20 minutes of my time.
It's gonna be the Film Nagar-Whisper Valley route again for me for the next few days, till the mayhem is over.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:06   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Today there was horrible traffic jam from Madhapur PS until Cybertowers. And, guess who i saw admist all this hulla-gulla?

Our hyderabad tbhp resident F1 driver "Mr.Rajesh.Rawal" chewing on gum and cursing the traffic at the same time and looked to be enjoying himself.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh, You must have used your jet fuel boosters to take off from the traffic and land in a free area. If F1 drivers can race, you can FLY!!

Most Viewed