Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 14:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Traffic goes haywire in Cyberabad

It was an agonizing trip to office today. Though I started early to attend to a US call at 930 am, I got stuck in a bad jam in Madhapur area. The cause was due to the Durgam Cheruvu route getting blocked by authorities, with no advance notice. In the process it took me 55 minutes to reach office, instead of the normal 30 mins.

Thousands of vehicles traverse on the Durgam Cheruvu route, and all of them had to go via Cyber Towers, causing mayhem all along the route.
I wonder when we will have a responsible government that will take the responsibility of giving minimum advance notice when roads are closed for repair.

Does anyone know how long that route will be blocked. Till then I have to wince whenever I need to travel to office. I've already taken permission from my US boss to work from home for a couple of days.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:00   #2
BHPian

My office had put up a notice from the municipal informing of the upcoming blockage. This notice was on our office notice board last Friday. The road will remain blocked for 2 weeks, till the 14th if I remember right. Will check the notice and confirm.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:02   #3
BHPian

vnabhi, you can take the route via Filmnagar to avoid the traffic. You can take the new connecting road from Hitec city to Gachibowli/Nanakramguda, proceed till Tolichowki and then take the route via Filmnagar. I do that and it saves me a lot of time and mental agony.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:03   #4
BHPian

OffTopic,

The title suggested that, You were referring to the internet (cyberspace) being slow, due to huge number of hits for a particular website.

+Rocky+
Old 5th June 2008, 15:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It was an agonizing trip to office today. Though I started early to attend to a US call at 930 am, I got stuck in a bad jam in Madhapur area. The cause was due to the Durgam Cheruvu route getting blocked by authorities, with no advance notice. In the process it took me 55 minutes to reach office, instead of the normal 30 mins.

Thousands of vehicles traverse on the Durgam Cheruvu route, and all of them had to go via Cyber Towers, causing mayhem all along the route.
I wonder when we will have a responsible government that will take the responsibility of giving minimum advance notice when roads are closed for repair.

Does anyone know how long that route will be blocked. Till then I have to wince whenever I need to travel to office. I've already taken permission from my US boss to work from home for a couple of days.
The government here is horribly inefficient in all the aspects. No officials care about the plight of citizens. Whatever you take, road conditions, drainage system, traffic system, everything is inefficient. They never plan about anything. All the civic bodies here work independently; they feel they are self-reliable. GOD SAVE US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
My office had put up a notice from the municipal informing of the upcoming blockage. This notice was on our office notice board last Friday. The road will remain blocked for 2 weeks, till the 14th if I remember right. Will check the notice and confirm.
Now, this is a surprise to me.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 5th June 2008 at 16:27.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
OffTopic,

The title suggested that, You were referring to the internet (cyberspace) being slow, due to huge number of hits for a particular website.

+Rocky+
Heehee! You might not be aware that the Madhapur area of Hyderabad is also known as Cyberabad. Even the prowl cars of the cops have 'Cyberabad Police' written over them.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:16   #7
BHPian

Ok.....just checked the notice. It is from the HWSSB. The notice has clearly mentioned that that particular stretch of road will be closed due to laying of 600m sewage lines, and all traffic is to be diverted through the Madhapur main road. They even went as far as drawing a map of the area and where the road would be closed!!! The road would be closed from the 4th June to 18th June.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok.....just checked the notice. It is from the HWSSB. The notice has clearly mentioned that that particular stretch of road will be closed due to laying of 600m sewage lines, and all traffic is to be diverted through the Madhapur main road. They even went as far as drawing a map of the area and where the road would be closed!!! The road would be closed from the 4th June to 18th June.
Thanks for this info. But the road was open yesterday. Looks like I need to do the Whisper Valley route till this re-opens. It is 4 kms longer, but hassle-free.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man, this is a nightmare!! I think I'll start around 8 the following weeks (I stay at Madhapur only). I too was in the Cybertowers signal traffic at 9:15 today and it was utter chaos there. I mean, I'm really mouthing swear words even now remembering that. These days the traffic starts in front of BirlaSoft. Add to that the pathetic lane discipline and enforcement by cops. I waited 15 mins behind an APSRTC bus today which was blocking the free left and was going straight itself . And in the end, I was literally driving over the drain along Cyber Towers (those who commute on that road would understand). And it's even worse for pedestrians...they have no inch to walk at.

Durgam Cheruvu was such a relief in all this but guess we'll have to be brave the next few weeks.

Seriously guys, I stay and work at this utopian "Hi-Tech" city (aka Madhapur) - it's nothing more than a badly raped village (am sorry, am feeling furious now). People do not have space to walk, electric lines are knotted with each other, you can not stick a finger between two buildings, even if the clouds spit there's a power cut, there are 2-3 kms of traffic snarls everyday, autos feast on helpless office goers, commodities are specially priced for the IT crowd, hills are being blasted out for constructing more IT campuses. Etc. and etc.

And all, because of "software engineers" like me - the so called creamy layer of India, the new "wizkids" of our nation.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Oh man, this is a nightmare!! I think I'll start around 8 the following weeks (I stay at Madhapur only). I too was in the Cybertowers signal traffic at 9:15 today and it was utter chaos there. I mean, I'm really mouthing swear words even now remembering that. These days the traffic starts in front of BirlaSoft. Add to that the pathetic lane discipline and enforcement by cops. I waited 15 mins behind an APSRTC bus today which was blocking the free left and was going straight itself . And in the end, I was literally driving over the drain along Cyber Towers (those who commute on that road would understand). And it's even worse for pedestrians...they have no inch to walk at.

Durgam Cheruvu was such a relief in all this but guess we'll have to be brave the next few weeks.

Seriously guys, I stay and work at this utopian "Hi-Tech" city (aka Madhapur) - it's nothing more than a badly raped village (am sorry, am feeling furious now). People do not have space to walk, electric lines are knotted with each other, you can not stick a finger between two buildings, even if the clouds spit there's a power cut, there are 2-3 kms of traffic snarls everyday, autos feast on helpless office goers, commodities are specially priced for the IT crowd, hills are being blasted out for constructing more IT campuses. Etc. and etc.

And all, because of "software engineers" like me - the so called creamy layer of India, the new "wizkids" of our nation.
I'm leaving now for home, before traffic snarls start.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

we're all sitting here courtesy the taxi strike and not back in delhi because of this lovely strike. Anyone with any idea guys?
Old 5th June 2008, 16:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heehee! You might not be aware that the Madhapur area of Hyderabad is also known as Cyberabad. Even the prowl cars of the cops have 'Cyberabad Police' written over them.
Then we in Bangaluru should write the name as "Siliconabad".
Old 5th June 2008, 17:22   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I'm leaving now for home, before traffic snarls start.
Am already home... 15 mins back :-)
Old 5th June 2008, 17:59   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Vnabhi, i think today's traffic took most of us by surprise. Incidentally, even i had a US call at 10:00AM and i was at the madhapur PS at around 9:35am and till cyberspace i had to struggle like anything. when i finally reached office at 10:20am i felt like i was in a battle similar to the ones in Gladiator. And, yes, i joined the call from the car itself ( thanks to my new jabra headset)

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th June 2008 at 18:00.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously!!? wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Then we in Bangaluru should write the name as "Siliconabad".
hehehe, silicone gone bad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks