Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 18:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Vnabhi, i think today's traffic took most of us by surprise. Incidentally, even i had a US call at 10:00AM and i was at the madhapur PS at around 9:35am and till cyberspace i had to struggle like anything. when i finally reached office at 10:20am i felt like i was in a battle similar to the ones in Gladiator. And, yes, i joined the call from the car itself ( thanks to my new jabra headset)
Yup, we were all battle weary today. But it was smooth sailing till Madhapur owing to the white Indicas going off the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Am already home... 15 mins back :-)
Ok, you beat me to it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Seriously!!? wow...

hehehe, silicone gone bad?
That is a good one!
Yes, even my boss from the US had a good giggle over 'Cyberabad' when he spotted a prowl car.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

I came to office by 9:00 AM.
Rode in on my bike.
Forget to take cut off for Durgam Chevuru.
Got stuck only once because a bus was taking a U-Turn in front of Arose cafe.
No traffic spots anywhere till I reached office.
Quite an interesting day.

I guess luck decided to leave early and I got my first infraction on team-bhp today.
Old 5th June 2008, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Was anyone driving in the stretch between Cyber Towers and Madhapur PS between 7:30 and 9 pm this evening? Though I came back home much earlier, I had to go out again to purchase some stuff. I'm telling you, it was the worst traffic nightmare in show at that time. Was almost as if some volcano has struck Hi-tech city and everyone's escaping helter-skelter. I saw an auto climb over the ramp of a shop in a dangerous manner and go ahead.

Folks, brace up for the next two weeks. It's nightmare mode in Madhapur!
Old 5th June 2008, 22:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just heard that there might be a bandh tomorrow and that opposition parties are planning rasta roko at various places in Hyd tomorrow. Even Microsoft has advised some of its employees to work from home tomorrow to avoid untoward incidents.

Just shot off a mail to US team that our India team would work from home tomorrow, and they have notified their counterparts there too.

Play safe guys.Dont risk your precious lives and vehicles tomorrow.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th June 2008 at 22:47.
Old 5th June 2008, 23:51   #20
Team-BHP Support

For those of you who find the term Cyberabad difficult to digest or think it must be a colloquialism check out this official website. And others who think only Madhapur is known as Cyberabad let me tell you Madhapur is only one small part of Cyberabad. The Alwal, Malkajgiri, Neredmet, Keesara, Medchal etc and even Saroornagar, Vanasthalipuram, L.B. Nagar etc all come under Cyberabad jurisdiction.

By the way vnabhi I was told that all that chaos on the roads was because of the cab and bus strikes. People who normally take office buses also took out their cars today. In general I found more traffic all through though the cyberabad roads were the real killers. And I also fought a battle while going to office today and an even bigger one while returning. Twice I almost got hit. Ultimately from Madhapur PS I took a right and then went via the film nagar, banjara hills. That stretch was much better than the Begumpet road.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th June 2008 at 23:58.
Old 6th June 2008, 09:12   #21
BHPian

Well I started from home (near Ginger Court) at 8:45 am today and was in my office (somewhere in Deloitte drive) parking lot at 8:54! 9 minutes flat. Woohoo!

The roads were quite empty and Cyber Towers signal was a piece of cake. Maybe the bandh played its part (how serious is it?). In spite of all that, I saw one M 800 knocking off a 2-wheeler right in front of the checkpost in front of Motorola.

Do let us know how the traffic is today at the peak hours in Madhapur.
Old 6th June 2008, 10:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
For those of you who find the term Cyberabad difficult to digest or think it must be a colloquialism check out this official website. And others who think only Madhapur is known as Cyberabad let me tell you Madhapur is only one small part of Cyberabad. The Alwal, Malkajgiri, Neredmet, Keesara, Medchal etc and even Saroornagar, Vanasthalipuram, L.B. Nagar etc all come under Cyberabad jurisdiction.
Wow, that is a good link. Thanks for the update. I've lived here for 6 years and always thought Cyberabad was only Madhapur and G'Bowli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
By the way vnabhi I was told that all that chaos on the roads was because of the cab and bus strikes. People who normally take office buses also took out their cars today. In general I found more traffic all through though the cyberabad roads were the real killers. And I also fought a battle while going to office today and an even bigger one while returning. Twice I almost got hit. Ultimately from Madhapur PS I took a right and then went via the film nagar, banjara hills. That stretch was much better than the Begumpet road.
Was it due to the cab strike? I don't really think so, as I had a smooth sailing till Madhapur yesterday--it took me 20 minutes instead of the normal 25 to 30 mins. The agony started from Madhapur PS to Cyber Towers. I think this had more to do with the Durgam Cheruvu road getting closed. I normally travel on that road.
BTW, how is the scene today? I am told my office has only 20% attendance around 20 minutes ago.
If today is as bad as yesterday, it may make sense to travel via the new road from G'Bowli to MindSpace.

Last edited by vnabhi : 6th June 2008 at 10:54.
Old 6th June 2008, 10:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

guys anyone know what is the status of the bandh....will it get over by 6PM like in most places?

I need to do some urgent shopping for a party at home tomorrow
Old 6th June 2008, 10:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well, I could drive down to Spencers on Raj Bhawan road an hour ago. It was all clear. But please keep in mind that I stay only 600 metres away from Spencers.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
guys anyone know what is the status of the bandh....will it get over by 6PM like in most places?

I need to do some urgent shopping for a party at home tomorrow
my shop is closed today in fact we were forced to closed by the goons(if i can call them). I didn't wanted to take any risks. May be by 6:00PM i will be able to open, as it is the practice in our area on a bandh day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
we're all sitting here courtesy the taxi strike and not back in delhi because of this lovely strike. Anyone with any idea guys?
Quote:
....(I stay at Madhapur only). ....
how about a cycle???
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Then we in Bangaluru should write the name as "Siliconabad".
how about Silli(y)conooru or Silli(y)conore????

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 6th June 2008 at 11:15.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was anyone driving in the stretch between Cyber Towers and Madhapur PS between 7:30 and 9 pm this evening? Though I came back home much earlier, I had to go out again to purchase some stuff. I'm telling you, it was the worst traffic nightmare in show at that time. Was almost as if some volcano has struck Hi-tech city and everyone's escaping helter-skelter. I saw an auto climb over the ramp of a shop in a dangerous manner and go ahead.

Folks, brace up for the next two weeks. It's nightmare mode in Madhapur!
I was driving back around 7:30pm and the traffic was ok, i reached from Shilparamam to Madhapur PS in about 10 minutes of or so. A great relief from what it was in the morning.

And, today i started from home at 9:10AM ( Himayathnagar) and reached office at 9:50AM, during morning peak hours covering a distance of 20kms this one could be one of my personal best

Himanshu, don't take the bandh too seriously, the roads are empty and you should be easily able to do your shopping. Are you too working from home today?
Old 6th June 2008, 12:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

My glasses were delivered to me by the shop owner an hour ago. He came all the way from Marredpally. He says traffic is real smooth...better than Sundays even!

But he says most of the shops in Begumpet and RB Rd are closed. MNC banks however seem to be open.
Old 6th June 2008, 14:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
how about a cycle???
saab

jubilee hills, top of hill se cycle to airport? 32km away?

Take this kids' life wonlee!

btw, auto took <45 flat from mehdipatnam to airport departure. loaded with three heavy duty people!
Old 6th June 2008, 15:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

One thing I really felt while I was Hyd for 2 years was the disregard of these "VIPs" for the common public.

All the VIPs make it a point to travel on the Begumpet - Panjagutta - Banjara Hills - Jubilee Hills - Cyber city areas especially at the office hours.

Second thing I noticed is that every Tom, dick and harry - judge, politician, peon, poop cleaner etc get a Z security in Hyd.

... and both make a living hell in Hyd during the mornings and evenings.

No other city I have observed, which has these quirks.
Old 6th June 2008, 16:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

No other city I have observed, which has these quirks.
lol.
Every city have their share of quirks, ask the boys from other cities.
may be hyderabad have "these" quirks.

Most Viewed