Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 11:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Last time they said 19th June, now they are saying 15th July. So it's anyone's guess as to when actually they'll complete it. I am just waiting for my car to get swiped or something, looking at the traffic madness that's going on these days in the Madhapur PS to Cyber Towers stretch.
I decided on the first day itself that the CyberTowers road is a big no-no for me. I've been using the 5 km longer road via Whisper Valley for the past month, till a foot injury forced me to go by MMTS.
A cost benefit analysis showed that I spend Rs 175 a day on my car (35 kms up and down via the Film Nagar/Whisper Valley route), whereas the cost via MMTS is Rs 6/- per day. Unbelievable, aint it? But there is a hassle of waiting for trains, and the return journey in an over-crowded train with a laptop is not pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
There was a notice on top of the road (Coming from Mindspace Raheja side) stating that there is road work under progress till 15th July i think. But knowing our great Municipal Corporations we can never really know...Can we? But i recollect taking this route (Mindspace to Madhapur PS) a couple of weeks back through some narrow lanes with literally no roads. No idea if it is still open though post all these rains since the roads were getting washed out at that point of time itself.
That shorcut via that Kasani hotel is narrow and has some spots where it is difficult for you to pass if there is a car coming in the opp direction.
Nevertheless, I do see a trickle of traffic on that route. I've used in twice so far, and then decided it was not worth it, as I had encountered heavy traffic from the hotel to Madhapur PS, leading to loss of time and fuel. Driving via Whisper Valley is relatively hassle-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi All,
After all these days beaten by heavy traffic, i decided to beat the traffic and changed my timings. From the past 3 days, I started leaving to office at 8 AM and peacefully reach my office at 8-10 AM with virtually no traffic. After 9 i can see the traffic from my office and just feel happy that i finally avoided all the frustration. I am planning to continue this at least for the next one month.
Wise decision. Wish I could do it, but my morning chores of dropping my son at this bus stop makes it impossible for me to plan an early visit to my office. This apart, I need to have an overlap with US folks on the east coast.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th July 2008 at 11:34.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:47   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

I am near the cyber towers signal almost everyday at 9:45AM and don't see any improvement.

I have settled on the fact that it will take 15-20 minutes just to cross the signal. So i decided to tell my inner-self to lower the stress level and accept this fact of life.
Old 7th July 2008, 16:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Another update--my colleagues who were using the shortcut via Kasani hotel on their bikes said today that they were not allowed to take that turn by cops, and had to reconcile to going via Cyber Towers.
Old 7th July 2008, 17:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Another update--my colleagues who were using the shortcut via Kasani hotel on their bikes said today that they were not allowed to take that turn by cops, and had to reconcile to going via Cyber Towers.
Haha...bach ke kahan jayega tu? So I guess, things will turn a tad worse now. That shortcut would have lessened the main traffic by at least a few bikes. Now, not even that will be allowed.

Bring it on baby, bring it on!
Old 17th July 2008, 12:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
I had smooth sailing today via that shorcut. I found it surprising that the road at 10 am today from Madhapur PS to Kasani hotel was back to the pre-June 5th era!
Has everyone diverted to the Whisper Valley > Gachibowli road out of frustration?
As far as the original road to Durgam Cheruvu goes, it looks like it can't be restored for another two weeks at the minimum.

Last edited by vnabhi : 17th July 2008 at 12:13.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Respite at last!!!
I realised today that the Durgam Cheruvu Road has finally been thrown open..I believe this was on Monday. Looks like the ordeal has finally come to an end. I'm sure the guys going to Cyber Towers and Kondapur must be sensing thinner traffic on their daily trips.
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man, this is a nightmare!! I think I'll start around 8 the following weeks (I stay at Madhapur only). I too was in the Cybertowers signal traffic at 9:15 today and it was utter chaos there. I mean, I'm really mouthing swear words even now remembering that. These days the traffic starts in front of BirlaSoft. Add to that the pathetic lane discipline and enforcement by cops. I waited 15 mins behind an APSRTC bus today which was blocking the free left and was going straight itself . And in the end, I was literally driving over the drain along Cyber Towers (those who commute on that road would understand). And it's even worse for pedestrians...they have no inch to walk at.

Durgam Cheruvu was such a relief in all this but guess we'll have to be brave the next few weeks.

Seriously guys, I stay and work at this utopian "Hi-Tech" city (aka Madhapur) - it's nothing more than a badly raped village (am sorry, am feeling furious now). People do not have space to walk, electric lines are knotted with each other, you can not stick a finger between two buildings, even if the clouds spit there's a power cut, there are 2-3 kms of traffic snarls everyday, autos feast on helpless office goers, commodities are specially priced for the IT crowd, hills are being blasted out for constructing more IT campuses. Etc. and etc.

And all, because of "software engineers" like me - the so called creamy layer of India, the new "wizkids" of our nation.
Thats very true devnull. even i feel the same with knodapur, as you said "badly raped village ". i stay at KPHB IV phase not even 5 km from Hi tech city X roads. now they stoped the raod due to maintance. it takes more than 15 kms now to come all the way round from miyapur. god only knows when the fly over @ Hi tech railway station will complete.
Old 12th September 2008, 13:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Those of you who use the Durgam Cheruvu route must have noticed an alarming increase in buffalo menace on that narrow stretch. Of late I see many buffalos wandering across the road at random,with nobody to control them! They are causing several traffic jams.
A month ago,one of them even left a tiny dent on my car's rear. I wonder who we should complain to? Any ideas?
Old 12th September 2008, 13:52   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Those of you who use the Durgam Cheruvu route must have noticed an alarming increase in buffalo menace on that narrow stretch. Of late I see many buffalos wandering across the road at random,with nobody to control them! They are causing several traffic jams.
A month ago,one of them even left a tiny dent on my car's rear. I wonder who we should complain to? Any ideas?
Yes, i know as i used that route for more than 8 months. Be careful Venu, we definetly don't want a thread title " Fiesta 1.6 meets Buffalo"
Old 12th September 2008, 14:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, i know as i used that route for more than 8 months. Be careful Venu, we definetly don't want a thread title " Fiesta 1.6 meets Buffalo"
Good one, Avi! You know what? Soon after I posted the above, I saw the 'Innova meets buffalo' just below mine when I clicked on 'new posts' !!
Looks like today's is buffalo's day!
Old 12th September 2008, 14:35   #71
Team-BHP Support

Just noticed a new wall coming up inside shilparamam.
Looks like the road from CG to CT is getting widened.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Oh yes. I have been seeing buffaloes and cows a lot these days, had a couple of opportunities to meet them too.
Old 14th September 2008, 12:44   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just noticed a new wall coming up inside shilparamam.
Looks like the road from CG to CT is getting widened.
Yep !! BBlost thats True, not only that, flyover construction work is going on at CT for Hitech city Railway station and KPHB Traffic .
Old 24th September 2008, 21:11   #74
BHPian

Is it just me or there is really something wrong going on with the traffic in Hitec city this week. It's almost like back to those days of Durgam Cheruvu route being closed. A lot of traffic through the day. Add to that the inexplicably long signal waits. Is something going on elsewhere which is causing the traffic to increase on this route?

BTW, glad to see Shilparamam walls being broken to widen the road there. Hope they do the same with Cyber Towers walls someday :-).
Old 25th September 2008, 13:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, glad to see Shilparamam walls being broken to widen the road there. Hope they do the same with Cyber Towers walls someday :-).
You bet! I too am eagerly waiting for that day!

As regards increase in traffic, people are avoiding the Durgam route, as it is filled with slush and an undulating road, caused by an over-flowing sewer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks