Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 21:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Actually they did the right thing, If I had been there I would have driven the Scorpio over the bike.

Dont you believe that driving over is wrong. If you fall at the lower level others have, then you may win the battle but lost the war.
Right action would have been to speak some harsh words and leave or call police.
Old 16th June 2008, 21:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

We can never be the next superpower, whoever said that. That's because a nation doesn't exist beyond it being just a group of people with a common culture. And the group of people we share our roads with are all motivated by culture such as "teri uppar meri" which drives them towards the oh-so-famous "chalta hai" attitude, and then they are ready to defend that with "ab main tujhe dikhaata hoon".

I apologize for posting in Hindi but I can't put it better. Majority of members will understand the spirit of what I'm trying to say, especially Mumbaiites familiar with both these phrases.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th June 2008 at 21:58.
Old 16th June 2008, 22:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Again those guys deflating the tyres is equally bad. They could have been more disciplined. They were no one to deflate the tyres. It proves that they dont have the right attitude.

Right action would have been to speak some harsh words and leave or call police.
IMO, they did the righ thing. These kind of small things will teach the youngsters some lesson so that they will be careful from next time they drive on roads.

Speak some harsh words? Where in the world are you man. If you do that, this will erupt in a fight and who will listen to harsh words nowadays.
Old 16th June 2008, 22:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
We can never be the next superpower, whoever said that. That's because a nation doesn't exist beyond it being just a group of people with a common culture. And the group of people we share our roads with are all motivated by culture such as "teri uppar meri" which drives them towards the oh-so-famous "chalta hai" attitude, and then they are ready to defend that with "ab main tujhe dikhaata hoon".

I apologize for posting in Hindi but I can't put it better. Majority of members will understand the spirit of what I'm trying to say, especially Mumbaiites familiar with both these phrases.
Why only Mumbai. Here we have the same words in our local language. Is it not getting worrisome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
IMO, they did the righ thing. These kind of small things will teach the youngsters some lesson so that they will be careful from next time they drive on roads.

Speak some harsh words? Where in the world are you man. If you do that, this will erupt in a fight and who will listen to harsh words nowadays.

Yes makes some sense.
Old 17th June 2008, 01:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Again those guys deflating the tyres is equally bad. They could have been more disciplined. They were no one to deflate the tyres. It proves that they dont have the right attitude.
You could say that, they didn't have the right attitude, and I support your view. But the biker kid was shouting nonsense instead of just apologizing which might have aggravated the other men. If he was just one of those uneducated guys who ride the bike as if they own the road, I wouldn't give much thought to it as you cannot make them see sense but this was one educated kid even though he looked and acted like someone who'd never seen a school in decades.

They were kind enough not to use their hands which I thought was really disciplined considering this is mumbai coz they could have thrashed nearly anyone. Had he just said sorry, I believe they would have just let him go. On another day, you would have 5 different bulky men in that Scorpio who would have abused the kid in languages not even known to mankind and trashed him badly which is completely wrong and unjustified no matter what as many such cases have caused serious injuries and even death. Calling cops is not always an option though that's really something to think about. We need more traffic cops guarding the roads so such scenarious can be dealt with calmly.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
His bike lost it's legs. He could have lost his legs if those guys weren't as nice with him as they were.
Old 19th June 2008, 19:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
His bike lost it's legs. He could have lost his legs if those guys weren't as nice with him as they were.

Then I think that there is no difference between the Biker and the Scorpio riders or even worst than the biker.
At least the biker did not break somebody's arms or legs. Taking laws in our hands for this specific above mentioned reason is like killing someone because he parked his car facing in any direction.
Old 22nd June 2008, 09:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Then I think that there is no difference between the Biker and the Scorpio riders or even worst than the biker.
At least the biker did not break somebody's arms or legs. Taking laws in our hands for this specific above mentioned reason is like killing someone because he parked his car facing in any direction.
Please don't blow things out of proportion, what they did would result in him having to spend 5 rs to get his tyres re-inflated and the time he would have to spend to push his bike there. I am of the opinion that he got off extremely lightly. and BTW, I did not say that he would be on his bike while I drove over it. Also, The biker could easily have caused some deaths, forget breaking arms and legs.
Old 25th June 2008, 20:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Please don't blow things out of proportion, what they did would result in him having to spend 5 rs to get his tyres re-inflated and the time he would have to spend to push his bike there. I am of the opinion that he got off extremely lightly. and BTW, I did not say that he would be on his bike while I drove over it. Also, The biker could easily have caused some deaths, forget breaking arms and legs.
I mean that for any disciplined individual, he/she must not make any serious moves. Why not call police. Then the biker will have a lesson that he will remember without forgetting. He will also get some more traffic sense.

If I sense something wrong done to me by a car driver, does this warrant that I can deflate the tyres ? NO.

IMO, if the biker moved on and did not bother about staring then the things wont have gone out of proportions.
Old 25th June 2008, 20:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Will drivers ever get "road-literate"??
R
oad literacy has got to do with the literacy rate too.. dont you think?
I wonder if that has improved?
After that goes up we will have to deal with educated but uncultured.
Then there is driver training, pedestrian training, licencing procedures enforcement. Add all these problems to the problem of our increasing population, economic frustrations, etc etc etc.

My optimistic answer to the above question = NO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks