Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 15:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
John, are you in any way implying "Why are most Santros driven rashly, resulting in dents on the front and rear" ? A la the rashly-driven-Scorpios thread.

I think they get too carried away due to the following 2 reasons :
- seeing SRK zip around in the Santro and
- after reading on tbhp about the Pune-based SuperSantro.
this was asked by my wife & i started noticing this after that. Mostly at the back
Old 25th June 2008, 16:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

that stretch after the kotturpuram bridge where they are redoing the median is a pain. in the evening light its really hard to see the blocks lying on the road or the rubble
Old 26th June 2008, 19:31   #33
BHPian

It is again about the speed breakers infront of the AMM school . The lighting near the speed breakers are so bad and almost everyone misses them unless you are a regular user of that road. Even yesterday i heard a couple of cars screeching to halt after spotting the speed breaker a little too late. Its only a matter of time before something untoward happens due to this.

So Teambhpians going on the Kotturpuram road in the night watch out for these speed breakers. They come immediately after the first signal on this road when coming from the Madras university side and just before the AMM school when coming down from the Kotturpuram bridge.
Old 26th June 2008, 19:37   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
The lighting near the speed breakers are so bad and almost everyone misses them unless you are a regular user of that road. Even yesterday i heard a couple of cars screeching to halt after spotting the speed breaker a little too late. Its only a matter of time before something untoward happens due to this.
Sounds a lot like Bengaluru or any place in Karnataka really. I'm seriously thinking of starting a thread on new speedbreakers in Bengaluru.
Old 26th June 2008, 20:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

@M_S , afaik there are a huge number of speedbreakers across chennai that are quite high with no markings in badly lit areas :( have been caught unawares on a number of occasions
Old 26th June 2008, 20:38   #36
BHPian

Also, I don't know who had this crackpot idea of re-doing all the central medians in the city. All the small ones are being redone with ones with granite blocks and the way they are building them is very very dangerous for motorists.

They take almost a month to complete one stretch. The stretch before my office in Venkatnarayana road has still not been completed. The granite stones have been placed haphazardly, right on the road sometimes. Also there are sand being piled on them which is spilling on to the road.

Anand.S
Old 26th June 2008, 20:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
@M_S , afaik there are a huge number of speedbreakers across chennai that are quite high with no markings in badly lit areas :( have been caught unawares on a number of occasions
I am more worried about this because of the traffic and the speed at which vehicles travel through this road in the night. If a motorist trips over this speedbreaker , then the chances of him being run over by another vehicle is pretty high.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

yup valid point, lots of high speed driving there late at night on that road

also i guess you can add those barriers that suddenly get dragged into the middle of the road sometimes at other locations

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks