Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 20:40   #91
BHPian

And yes mclaren, some modded cars in the city anyway doesnt require a horn! Their "Super FFE" and "Hyper CAF" will take care of that need
Old 19th May 2007, 20:50   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
And yes mclaren, some modded cars in the city anyway doesnt require a horn! Their "Super FFE" and "Hyper CAF" will take care of that need
. But my car is pretty silent ra. I aint a ricer boy. Prefer a sleeper.
Old 19th May 2007, 21:01   #93
BHPian

Quote:
In fact my mileage also increased tremendously from about 11.5 kmpl to about 13 kmpl in my Santro! It even helped me improve my patience in general. I also developed capability to completely avoid other honkers around me.

I applaud the effort ... and a very valid point about increasing one's tolerance levels

I am currently under the process of refraining myself from showing the finger to those cabbies and other reckless nimrods who try to cut in 'front' of me when the tail end of their car is in line with the front door of mine ... what do they think ??

Haath dikha diya toh sadak apni ???
or do they think their car has passed when they , sitting in the drivers seat ,have passed me sitting in mine ???

Forces me to slam my brakes sometimes ... sometimes some serious honking keeps them in their lane.
Old 19th May 2007, 23:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
...as long as you... have good anticipation...
Well said mclaren... Anticipation is the key word! Accidents (while driving or otherwise) happen mostly because of a poor sense of anticipation. The best of drivers anticipate situations and develop skills to avoid or manoeuvre around. F1 racing is proof. Incidentally, if honking should ever be justified, you should hear them a lot on F1 circuits...!
Old 20th May 2007, 00:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

F1 circuits have 22 cars with a super license aquired by all drivers after thorough tests, add that with Pit Crew telling you if some one is coming from anywhere and change of lane is allowed just twice. The noise of the V8 is more powerful then a horn and where there is no starter motor to save space and weight you think there is space for a horn.

This is India, where few sensible drivers on the road, getting a License is a easy task by bribing and stupid tests. Rules are not sensible, a bigger vehicle is always at fault in any incident so its is important to alert others on the road about your presence. People turn anywhere without looking, few use their ORVM's, fewer look at the LHS mirror.

For the above reasons i have decided to remove the horn from my Swift.

Last edited by BUSA : 20th May 2007 at 00:31.
Old 20th May 2007, 01:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the above reasons i have decided to remove the horn from my Swift.
Oops forgot to mention that i am removing the horn so i can place another one which has higher decibel levels with melody maker, haha

The Stock Swift horn doesnot make much noise.. ;->
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:44   #97
BHPian

Yes, BUSA and have one extra pair of them worn as headphones for yourself All the best!
Old 25th May 2007, 23:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, BUSA and have one extra pair of them worn as headphones for yourself All the best!
Thanks appuchan for the advice, the Swifts horn is quite feminine i must say and just one at that, so searching for a loud horn and will arrange it one on the left side and one on the right side, with relay, currently inclined towards Roots Windtone Rainbow, its sounds awesome, what do you advice to go in for

Dont need the headphones since the sound of the turbo and blow off valve is to die for.

Happy Honking!!
Old 26th May 2007, 13:44   #99
Senior - BHPian

Horns or no horns

Reading all the posts made me wonder if we should adopt the Chinese model of a decade back where cars were only meant for the Polit members and the rest of the populace used bicycles.

With the kind of traffic of today and rowdiness on the increase, horn is a very essential utility. As a sensible citizen we must use when necessary and keep the decibel limit tolerable.

For the record, in city I use the stock horns that came as OEM with my vehicle. For the highways I had to install a pair of Stebel Nautilus to make those truck/bus drivers hear me over the loud din of their music systems..!
Old 26th May 2007, 16:53   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
. But my car is pretty silent ra. .
yeah..if you compare it to a Boeing 747 at full throttle.

Godfather
Old 27th May 2007, 03:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A trip to the mechanic today & yet my horn is still not fixed. i am begininng to wonder if it is the appuchan curse. i get so frustrated & idiotic when i cant move an inch when i see a 2 wheeler wala in front of me happily talking on his cellphone & riding having no idea of where he is.
Got it fixed last week & boy am i a relieved man now. Better to be safe than sorry is what i think of not having a horn.
cheers
Old 27th May 2007, 20:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

For the record, in city I use the stock horns that came as OEM with my vehicle. For the highways I had to install a pair of Stebel Nautilus to make those truck/bus drivers hear me over the loud din of their music systems..!
So, where did you mount the 2nd horn's switch? Steering wheel or dash?

Did installation require any cutting of wires?

Also, did your dealer have anything to say regarding warranty of electrical components?
Old 28th May 2007, 12:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

The switch has been mounted on the fuse box cover. It is a tiny switch. Since the Stebels came with their own relay, cuting of wires was not involved as the power supply was directly taken from the battery.

Dear, my truck is a 2004 model and all warranties etc. are over..So no worries..

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
So, where did you mount the 2nd horn's switch? Steering wheel or dash?

Did installation require any cutting of wires?

Also, did your dealer have anything to say regarding warranty of electrical components?
Old 28th May 2007, 13:13   #104
BHPian

No horn in bangalore
commendable..i must say

will try it out today.
Old 29th May 2007, 11:33   #105
BHPian

Try it out. All the best. Its not meant for ordinary souls. Requires tremendous amount of patience and self control. I think quitting smoking was easier!

And yes I am a completely relieved man now. No unnecessary urgency in driving, no blood rush when I see others honking their way to Heaven etc. I can treat driving as easy and calming as taking a jaunt in the park.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks