Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 21:54   #1
BHPian

Parking woes: scratched my car's bumper

Yesterday morning I found that somebody had his car brush past mine and there were a few modest scratches on the rear bumper. Since I am taking my car in for the first service tomorrow, please advise if I should get it repaired there. An estimate of the cost might let me sleep peacefully tonight. Parking woes: scratched my car's bumper-dsc00244.jpg

Parking woes: scratched my car's bumper-dsc00245.jpg

Parking woes: scratched my car's bumper-dsc00247.jpg
Old 20th June 2008, 23:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to see this. You want clean job, then you will need to paint the bumper full, will cost around 2.5 to 3 k INR. If you are ok with brush touch up and minor scratch removal, bill should be 0 INR.
Old 21st June 2008, 11:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sleep over it for a few days, its not worth painting the whole bumper for these kind of scratches.

Then take a light rubbing paste like Formula 1 scratchout and remove those slight colour from the other vehicle.

Wash and let dry.

Buy a sparkling silver colour nailpolish and then use the brush to touch up the areas where the black bumper is visible. Use one sided strokes as it dries out fast and let dry for a day.

Use a car body wax (Carnauba wax) and polish the area.

Post your results here.
Old 21st June 2008, 13:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just touch up job can do the needful. I dont think that this requires painting an entire bumper.
Old 21st June 2008, 20:42   #5

Hi mentos

Sorry about the incident !

Looking from the images , a car with purple or violet paint rubbed against your car.

If that had been my car, I would have caught the guy or gal ( I don't think many guys would drive around in a purple or violet car ) and make him/ her pay for it.

Like dadu said , it is not worth painting the whole bumper for little scratches . Do some touch up now.

Spinner Wheel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks