Team-BHP - A good samaritan. The NHC Vtec gets a new lease of life
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   A good samaritan. The NHC Vtec gets a new lease of life (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/41430-good-samaritan-nhc-vtec-gets-new-lease-life.html)

My dad had done somewhere yesterday on business. He had parked his car by the side of the road. This was somewhere in Panduranganagar.

I reach home with my friends (before going out for dinner) and everyone's just freshening up when the landline rings. A person on the other end asks if this is Mr Ravi BM's house from Madhus Garage Equipments. I reply in the affirmative. It all sounds a bit wierd. He then says his name is Ramesh and he has found the key to a HOnda City which is black in colour. I ask him if the car has a big Ferrari sticker on the bonnet. He says yes!!

Very puzzled, I ask him to explain. He says that he was walking when he saw the key lying on the road near the car. He presses the button and the car opens. He reaches inside to the laptop bag, sees my dad's visiting card and calls up my dad. MY dad was busy in a meeting and so he just tells this Mr Ramesh that he'll call him back!! My dad doesnt even know his key is missing.

Then this Ramesh has the courtesy to call home. I honestly have no idea how he got the home number as it isnt printed on the business card. Mr Ramesh tells me that he has locked the car and deposited the key with the people staying in the house near the car. He says it's house #54.

I call my dad and tell him where to look. He has been looking for the past half an hour with no luck.

He then gets the key back and returns home.

The best part is this total stranger who was so honest!! Who would have expected this? Small miracles like this sometimes reaffirm your faith in humans(I know it's a cliched phrase, but still!!). He could have taken the car itself. If that is too easily traced, he could have taken the laptop itself( a very attractive Acer Ferrari). He didnt. He locked the car and took a lot of effort to contact us.

Great man!!

Mr. Ramesh, wherever you are, may god bless you!!

PS: about 3 hours after this, I had my first accident which is described in the other thread. :(

Wow... some really person with kind hart.. believe me its really difficult to find people like this.... how are you felling now?

Thats nice to hear.

But if he had called your dad on his mobile, probably he could be traced back, unless its from a pco.

Wow ! That surely was a nice incident. Hats off to Mr Ramesh, wherever you are.

Such incidents surely bring back your faith in humanity.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This world is full of many kind, honest people. What a nice story.

A good samaritan indeed. You need to thank personally thank this guy (if possible) for his honesty.

Great story!! Overall a very lucky day indeed - 1 smashed mirror (from the other thread) but a saved laptop and car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghu.t.k (Post 875841)
But if he had called your dad on his mobile, probably he could be traced back, unless its from a pco.

Ah! Good idea! - Do it quickly before your dads recent call history gets overwritten with newer calls.

cya
R

Wow! Now that's something that put your faith back in humanity! Wonderful story Nikhil!

Yes there are many good people around. Acer ferrari should have been tempting.

Hats of to Ramesh. You are very lucky Nikhil.

The key loss was accidental. What is amazing is how people happily leave brief cases / laptop bags visible on the seat and walk off. Last week,someone in the gym was upset since his car was broken into and two laptops were stolen.

Remember - keep your laptop in the boot. And put it in before you set out rather han when you park since people observe you when you park.

You are really lucky, I mean really very lucky that someone this honest gave you back the car. This is rarest of the rare case.
I hope you have thanked this good human personally.

I am surprised to see some human being of honest species.

:thumbs up for that honest person.:thumbs up

Cheers to that decent guy! Please ask your dad to be careful in future. If there is someone like me prowling around, I may not be that honest! :)

Good to hear this. Not only that he didn't take the laptop, he did his best by calling up your dad, yourself, and handing over the key to the nearest trustable place!

Nikhil, your Getz ORVM has been more than compensated for!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep (Post 876742)
Good to hear this. Not only that he didn't take the laptop, he did his best by calling up your dad, yourself, and handing over the key to the nearest trustable place!

Nikhil, your Getz ORVM has been more than compensated for!

Haha.... I guess so!!