Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 04:57   #91
BHPian

Sorry, i am posting without reading much on this thread, i will do so in the next few hours, went to most petrol bunks today around south bangalore, DeveGowda Petrol Bunk,Kadirenhalli,Mysore Bank Colony,Hanumanthanagar,GandhiBazaar,Jayanagar,RV Road and so on, most of them are only offering Premium petrol and diesel. I hope they are not scamming us with regular petrol and offering the same on Premium rates.
Old 4th July 2008, 09:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

I just filled petrol worth 2000Rs from BP near to Krishnarao park(owned by SRS travels)
I said ' Full tank "
He said " saar only 1500 Rs petrol "
I said ' Haakappa full tank " ( pour in - full tank )
He did ..
Bill was 1999.XX ..
I don't think ther's any shortage of fuel, but they were rationing . yesterday when i went to fill my bike also there was no queue in HP outlet at brigade road - rsdncy road junction
Old 4th July 2008, 10:07   #93
BHPian

Check Brookfields HP

Brookfields HP still has regular petrol. NO persuation from staff to go for "Power". It was slightly more crowded today.

I like these guys
Old 4th July 2008, 10:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

The situation is normal in Chennai now, I think.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

^nope now theres no premium
Old 4th July 2008, 10:41   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^nope now theres no premium
Seems to be the same here. All three bunks on my way said no premium.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:43   #97
BHPian

yesterday got petrol at the third bunk, other two were closed with "No stock " boards outside. bashyam circle & seshadripuram were closed. filled full tank at IOC vasanth nagar.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Truckers strike has been called off early this morning, so expect things to come back to normal in the next 2-3 days.

The govt has agreed to provide normal diesel at retail pumps for trucks and reduce their service tax.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:50   #99
BHPian

I filled in my tank yesterday at the IO bunk on the junction of Palace road and Cunningham road. I normally go to this bunk and things were as usual yesterday. I fill in XTraMile but Regular and Premium both were available. Did not notice any signs of shortage.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hope Indian oil companies are not speculating a rise in fuel prices. Hoard it now and sell it when the price is increased.
Old 4th July 2008, 14:01   #101
Senior - BHPian

This situation expected to last for next 5-10days

This morning filled up my car in IO pump Marathahalli, HP had stopped selling..and their was a chaos in IO....spoke to the owner he told it would take some time to settle down, so probably next 5-10days this is expected...
Old 5th July 2008, 20:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Hope Indian oil companies are not speculating a rise in fuel prices. Hoard it now and sell it when the price is increased.
Probably not, the next fuel price revision talk will not be before October - Murali Deora is reported to have told this.
Old 5th July 2008, 21:15   #103
BHPian

I believe these oil companies are unnecessarily taking advantage of the situation, to top it all the distributors(petrol bunks) are making more money with the fuel they have in stock already. I think they might be selling us regular petrol at premium price by lying that there is only premium fuel available.
Old 15th July 2008, 23:07   #104
Team-BHP Support

Looks like something similar is raising its ugly head all over again. This time in Hyderabad. Got a call from my friend a while back that his car has hardly much left in the tank and he could not get diesel in any bunk in the whole of madhapur, hi-tech city, jubilee hills area. He gave me an advanced warning of the sort that while returning back home if he gets stuck I may need to go for a rescue mission to tow the car back.

My car has half tank of diesel left. Damn! Will try to tank up tomorrow morning, 1st thing... Hope I get diesel tomorrow. :(
Old 16th July 2008, 00:24   #105
Team-BHP Support

Ok, here is the followup update. Its now confirmed that across Hyderabad and Secunderabad none of the bunks have diesel. Tried all of them, regular, premium anything... nada. They all have a out of stock board hanging and are simply refusing to oblige.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks